Reign: Season One Ratings

Reign TV show on The CWHistorical dramas have had mixed success on television. Will CW viewers find something to like in the Reign TV series or will it be cancelled after one low-rated season? We shall see.

Set in the 16th century, Reign follows the journey of a young Scottish queen who is betrothed to marry a handsome prince. He and his mother have other ideas. The cast includes Adelaide Kane, Toby Regbo, Torrance Coombs, Megan Follows, Alan Van Sprang, Celina Sinden, Caitlin Stasey, Anna Popplewell, and Jenessa Grant.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s likelihood of staying on the air. The higher the ratings (particularly the 18-49 demo), the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available — typically the following morning, around 11:30am EST/8:30am PST. Refresh to see the latest.

2/13 update: The CW has renewed this series for a second season.

Final season averages: 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.57 million total viewers.

These are the final national numbers (unless noted with an “*”). These are different from the fast affiliate numbers which are just estimates of the actual ratings. The final nationals are typically released within 24 hours of the programming or, in the case of weekends and holidays, a couple days later.

What do you think? Do you like the Reign TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Brandy February 20, 2014 at 4:01 pm

Love Reign

Tam February 19, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Please don’t cancel… Love the show!!

jeD February 15, 2014 at 7:23 pm

LOVE IT WANT TO SEE MORE OF THIS SHOW/ASAP

brooke blyzes February 14, 2014 at 2:57 pm

i love this show so much i have them all dvrd and watch them over and over again i never get tired of this show the cast is great story line great actors are fantastic and i just love this show so much the only thing i dont understand is what happend to marys dog after the first episode

nina February 14, 2014 at 2:12 pm

Please do not cancelle this show I love it every night it plays I have a house full we look forward to this show every week its amazing we love it please do not cancelled this show u would be letting so many people down. You will lose so much from canceling this show .

long may she reign February 13, 2014 at 1:44 pm

I just started watching this show and it hooked me up on the first episode. And after the first episode the series kept on getting better and better. The thing is that many fans are not keeping up with this show because they are not getting their favorite ship. For example, when Francis left many of the fans boycotted the show, leaving less viewers. These fans need to know that this series is awesome either way it does and you have to watch it to find out if mary gets together with Francis.

danielle February 11, 2014 at 10:00 pm

I just started watching. I love it! really hope they don’t cancel and that they renew for a second season!!!

Melanie February 10, 2014 at 6:25 am

My favorite show at the moment! Mustn’t be cancelled; the whole family enjoys it.

A Tenderholt February 9, 2014 at 10:59 pm

I think it shouldn’t be cancelled. Its a super good show, and i can see it going on for at least 2 more seasons. some of the best series out the went for about 9 seasons because i believe they catch the younger generation with the suspense of whats happening next

Melissa February 9, 2014 at 10:29 pm

I’ve read historical fiction novels and loved them. it’s so nice to see a shoe with such a great story line, characters, and settings. each actor plays their role so well. I have every episode pvr’d and have watched them over and over. this shows cannot be cancelled. I would be completely heart broken.

Kel February 9, 2014 at 4:55 pm

Having worked in TV, I can tell you A18-49 is not the target audience for Reign. Yes most advertisers use that demo but a huge chunk use different demos such as T12-17 or A18-34 or even A25-54. My guess is Reign is doing all right in the younger demos which they are clearly targeting. And a show can be very profitable appealing to that younger demo and the advertisers who are targeting them.

Nicole February 9, 2014 at 1:53 am

I love this show. I can’t get enough and I hope the show doesn’t get cancelled. I was disappointed when the CW cancelled The Secret Circle, so let’s hope they don’t cancel another good show!

Claire February 7, 2014 at 10:21 pm

please another season we want more!!!

Bob February 7, 2014 at 3:41 pm

Love this series and characters.

Fan from Finland February 7, 2014 at 11:33 am