Reign

Reign TV show on CWNetwork: The CW
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: October 17, 2013 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Adelaide Kane, Toby Regbo, Torrance Coombs, Megan Follows, Alan Van Sprang, Celina Sinden, Caitlin Stasey, Anna Popplewell, and Jenessa Grant.

current TV show

TV show description:
This dramatic series takes place in the 16th century and revolves around headstrong monarch Mary Stuart (Adelaide Kane), the teenager who will become known as Mary, Queen of Scots.

Arriving in France with four close friends — Greer (Celina Sinden), Kenna (Caitlin Stasey), Lola (Anna Popplewell) and Aylee (Jenessa Grant) — as her ladies-in-waiting, Mary has been sent to secure Scotland’s strategic alliance by formalizing her arranged engagement to the French king’s dashing son, Prince Francis (Toby Regbo).

But the match isn’t signed and sealed — it depends more on politics, religion and secret agendas than affairs of the heart. Prince Francis is intrigued by the fiery Scot. However, like most young men, he resists the idea of settling down into marriage. He has a history with a lady of the court and his own point of view on the wisdom of an alliance with Scotland. Still, an attraction between Mary and Francis is ignited.

Further complicating matters is Francis’ handsome and roguish half-brother, Bash (Torrance Coombs). He has a history of his own. Despite his illegitimate birth, Bash is his father’s favorite. Though he is all too aware that Francis is the heir to the throne and Mary’s intended, Bash soon develops his own feelings for Mary.

None of the intrigue at Court is lost on Francis’ mother, Queen Catherine (Megan Follows). The strong-willed Queen is aware of Mary’s inflammatory effect on her son and his half-brother. She’s also aware of the dalliances of her husband, King Henry (Alan Van Sprang) — with his mistress as well as other ladies of the Court.

For guidance, Queen Catherine turns to her trusted advisor, the seer Nostradamus. He terrifies the Queen with his prophecy that marriage to Mary will cost Francis his life. As a result, Catherine is determined to save her son, no matter how many others have to pay with their lives.

As Mary learns for herself that fierce foes are conspiring to sabotage her marriage to Francis (and also threaten her life), she becomes aware of other dark forces. There’s a mysterious presence in the castle; a shrouded figure who may become her unlikely ally.

To cope with the brutality of the times, villagers trust in magic and superstition. In the dark woods surrounding the French Court lurk those who offer human sacrifice to a being who seems to require blood.

With danger and sexual intrigue around every dark castle corner, Mary rallies her ladies-in-waiting and steels herself, ready to rule the new land and balance the demands of her country and her heart.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like the Reign TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

snowbright December 2, 2013 at 6:54 am

This is a great series it is keeping my hunger for period drama sated till game of thrones returns. My husband who after much convincing to watch game of thrones has also really enjoyed this series, enough good series have been canceled because of so called “ratings” it’s the 21’st century and the world is full of poor people and alot of them will download stuff instead of paying or viewing (why sit through all those adds, or pay for something expensive just to skip them). This series is worth keeping

Patricia November 29, 2013 at 5:17 am

We were upset that Reign wasn’t on this Thursday! We can’t wait for Thursday ‘s to watch our favorite show. Please Don’t cancel Reign we Love that show! Please give it more Season’s Please! We are really happy that CW now have great shows on. We Love Reign, the Originals, the Tomorrow People , Arrow, Ravenswood . Please DON’T CANCEl any of these shows PLEASE!!!

Patricia November 29, 2013 at 4:38 am

My whole family Loves it! We hope Reign gets more Seasons!

Paul Allen November 24, 2013 at 4:30 pm

As a big fan of spectacle and pageantry, absolutely love this new show! It’s the best new show of the 2013 season, and maybe our favorite on TV altogether ( since Nikita is sadly about to leave our screens). Charming and beautiful cast, picturesque, and tons of delicious intrigues. Mary, Queen of Scots, Long May She Reign!

Karen November 20, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Really love this show and hope it will survive. I think it’s a slow starter with an audience that will grow as people discover it. No, it’s not historically accurate but it’s entertaining and may inspire some to actually research these characters. Be warned though, the truth ends badly. As a sidenote, the real Mary was six feet tall, an extraordinary height for a woman of her time.

Anonymous November 11, 2013 at 11:38 am

Reign is the best show ever! My friends got me hooked on Vampire Diaries but now , if I had to choose one, it would definitely be Reign. I’ve gotten so many of my friends hooked on it. Instead of Vampire Diaries beginning our lunch topic, its now Reign. Don’t get me wrong, Vampire Diaries is a great show but I do agree with the people that have said that Vampire Diaries could potentially get topped by Reign. Please don’t cancel Reign! So many people would be disappointed.

Anonymous November 9, 2013 at 3:34 pm

AMAZZZING! DONT CANCEL IT!

Ilena November 7, 2013 at 10:40 pm

Oh I LOVE, LOVE,LOVE REIGN! :) The feel of the show is powerfully moving; the feelings alone/scenes between Francis/Mary -& ‘Bash are so emotionally/electrically pulling, it’s the best thing on the show. #1! The show as a whole in itself can hold up its own, and having someone like Francis with Mary is brilliance- You don’t have to ask questions when it’s so obvious; the people, the looks, chemistry,ect are. Just. There. (Some can have trouble knowing the difference between real and ‘not so much’

darice November 5, 2013 at 11:08 am

this is the best show so far i have fallen in love with the show and the character i truely can say i would cry if this show ended it is soooo amazing and after each episode ends i wanna see more and i am in love with vampire diaries too but i think this show can easily out top vampire diaries soon

Siva November 4, 2013 at 9:53 pm

It’s very interested greatly filmed, excellent choice of cast and best performance.
I will truly be disappointed it its get cancelled..

M November 2, 2013 at 8:31 pm

It’s absolutely inaccurate, but so are most of the current medical dramas, cop series, heck reality TV is not even reality, lol, frankly I’m not watching for historical accuracy, I’m watching for fun, adventure, romance…can it keep my attention, etc. yes. Okay, modernizing the costumes to the extent they do is A BIT jarring at times, but truthfully reign is my guilty pleasure! I will be VERY disappointed if they cancel this show without giving it the true chance it deserves!

Marisela October 31, 2013 at 12:17 am

I really enjoyed the two episodes so far I really hope it dose not get cancelled

Marissa October 28, 2013 at 10:34 pm

If “Reign” were to be cancelled I would be extremely crushed and dissapointed in the CW Network. Yes, it is historically innacurate and yes, it’s more targeted towards teens and young adults, but what is SO wrong about that? Honestly? So what if the writers and the creators of the show decided to take a different take on this story? That’s what keeps TV interesting, people! I am a teenage girl and my friends and I adore this show and there has only been two episodes thus far. Honestly, it’s one of those shows that you CANNOT stop thinking about and I am counting down the days until the next episode…that’s got to count for something. I cannot stop talking about, blogging about it, and altogether thinking about it! IT’S WONDERFUL. At the very least, please let it run for atleast two seasons and please let me know if Francis and Mary get married….I will be pleased if this is ever actually resolved (this whole Francis/Mary vs. Bash/Mary love thing). CW people, I hope you are reading this, I LOVE your new show…and I can only see it getting better from here. From what I can see many people will be willing to cause a revolution if it is ever cancelled…..there are some very impassioned Reign fans out there!

Alex Byers October 28, 2013 at 8:35 pm

Since this is a “teenage show” the history itself must be modernized. Reign, in my opinion, is spunky, interesting, thrilling, and down-right amazing. I can’t believe that people are complaining about the wardrobe and lines because I think they are just right. I feel like this is becoming my new addiction, and hope that it will be renewed for a second season!

Linda V October 19, 2013 at 6:40 pm

Although “Reign” takes place in the 1500’s, I feel like I’m watching current-day teenagers. it is too modernized (clothes, makeup, script) and lacking in its history telling. It is not even close to the level of writing, acting and excitement of ‘The White Queen”, which was inexplicably cancelled! If “Reign” makes it past the first season, I’ll be surprised and disappointed.

javonna October 28, 2013 at 2:55 pm

i think that you are very wrong this is the best tv show ever i think its better than the vampire diaries and it also has a better love story from what i can see so plz stop make false accusations about this tv show.every since i watched it the first time i could’nt stop thinking about it………

M November 2, 2013 at 8:42 pm

The white queen was stunning, and truly one of my favorite historical dramas to watch. But it followed (as it should) the book very loyally. It was not inexplicably cancelled. It did not air in America first, and when it was announced (to air here) it was announced to be a “limited mini-series” like event. It was not going to run as normal shows do, be picked up cancelled etc. it was also on a pay channel, thus there was A LOT more they could “get away with” and it was geared toward a slightly older audience, thus they weren’t trying to modernize it. I’d have been crushed if they did! it HAD to remain true to the book, in my opinion. The good news for The White Queen, is that since it did so well, hopefully they will continue and perhaps to The White Princess etc. or some other tale in the series in much the same manner

M November 2, 2013 at 8:46 pm

Reign is not trying to be “The White Queen” and it’s geared toward a slightly younger audience. I believe that the are trying to think “outside the box” and that it’s definitely entertaining in just the way it’s marketed. Comparing the white queen and Reign is like comparing apples and oranges. And in my case, I happen to like both apples AND oranges :)