Reign

Reign TV show on CWNetwork: The CW
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: October 17, 2013 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Adelaide Kane, Toby Regbo, Torrance Coombs, Megan Follows, Alan Van Sprang, Celina Sinden, Caitlin Stasey, Anna Popplewell, and Jenessa Grant.

TV show description:
This dramatic series takes place in the 16th century and revolves around headstrong monarch Mary Stuart (Adelaide Kane), the teenager who will become known as Mary, Queen of Scots.

Arriving in France with four close friends — Greer (Celina Sinden), Kenna (Caitlin Stasey), Lola (Anna Popplewell) and Aylee (Jenessa Grant) — as her ladies-in-waiting, Mary has been sent to secure Scotland’s strategic alliance by formalizing her arranged engagement to the French king’s dashing son, Prince Francis (Toby Regbo).

But the match isn’t signed and sealed — it depends more on politics, religion and secret agendas than affairs of the heart. Prince Francis is intrigued by the fiery Scot. However, like most young men, he resists the idea of settling down into marriage. He has a history with a lady of the court and his own point of view on the wisdom of an alliance with Scotland. Still, an attraction between Mary and Francis is ignited.

Further complicating matters is Francis’ handsome and roguish half-brother, Bash (Torrance Coombs). He has a history of his own. Despite his illegitimate birth, Bash is his father’s favorite. Though he is all too aware that Francis is the heir to the throne and Mary’s intended, Bash soon develops his own feelings for Mary.

None of the intrigue at Court is lost on Francis’ mother, Queen Catherine (Megan Follows). The strong-willed Queen is aware of Mary’s inflammatory effect on her son and his half-brother. She’s also aware of the dalliances of her husband, King Henry (Alan Van Sprang) — with his mistress as well as other ladies of the Court.

For guidance, Queen Catherine turns to her trusted advisor, the seer Nostradamus. He terrifies the Queen with his prophecy that marriage to Mary will cost Francis his life. As a result, Catherine is determined to save her son, no matter how many others have to pay with their lives.

As Mary learns for herself that fierce foes are conspiring to sabotage her marriage to Francis (and also threaten her life), she becomes aware of other dark forces. There’s a mysterious presence in the castle; a shrouded figure who may become her unlikely ally.

To cope with the brutality of the times, villagers trust in magic and superstition. In the dark woods surrounding the French Court lurk those who offer human sacrifice to a being who seems to require blood.

With danger and sexual intrigue around every dark castle corner, Mary rallies her ladies-in-waiting and steels herself, ready to rule the new land and balance the demands of her country and her heart.

Series Finale:
Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

What do you think? Do you like the Reign TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

367 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Erin says

OMG……Cancel this show and I will seriously die!!!!! Watched all episodes in one day and currently re-watching them.
    Love it sooooooo much.
    MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!!!

2. Anonymous says

I love this show. I am searching the net for more information of the next episodes. It will be hard to wait until January. I just keep playing the same first season episodes over and over again from the cw network app. Hopefully they can see the traffic and how truly interested people are in the show. It even inspired me to read some history about the real Mary Stuart and her sad life.

3. Jessica Kennedy says

I re-watch before the next episode…I love every moment of this show….Please keep it going…I was a devout Tudors fan and watched til the end and then bought it…I will do the same with this…see it til the end….

4. Em says

If reign gets cancelled my whole college campus would be pissed and probably boycott CW, including vampire diaries. I hate history and although it is not accurate as most TV shows aren’t, I am absolutely in love with this show and cannot wait for its return in January.

5. Connie says

Please do not cancel this show I do not like most shows. I just the the time period and love the history of Mary Queen of scots . I am of scot blood so I feel very drawn to this show I also want to find out about the young lady who is hidden in the passageways under the castle.

6. Carole says

I really like Reign. The acting is excellent as is the storyline. Too good to last on the fickle CW. I hope it gets renewed.

7. Ferni says

This Is one of the best shows I’ve watched in a long time. I’m so sad that season 1 is already over. I was hoping that it would’ve had 20 or more episodes. The story line is great, it makes me feel like I’m right there in the show with Mary, Frances and Bash. Love, romance, betrayal, love triangles, heartbreak, murder, war, politics, etc., what more could you ask for? Keep the show, do Not cancel.

8. Charlotte Barrows says

Reign is my favorite TV show. I am 43, me and all my friends watch it every week, please do not cancel it!

9. Danielle says

I wasn’t so sure about this show at first, but I thought hey watch the 2nd episode and then decide…I got hooked! I love it! Thursdays is my favorite night now, you have the vampire diaries then you have reign, two shows that keep you on your toes! I love the romance and the never knowing what could happen next. They cannot cancel this show they have too much going on with it already, I am very curious to know what exactly is in the woods and who the mysterious girl is that keeps helping mary and what the deal is with the kings misstress and her son. there is way too much going on to cancel. I got upset when they canceled the secret circle i loved that show! These critics well they have the worst taste in shows! Most shows are stupid and dont make sense at all and they love them! I dont think they would know a good show if it hit them in the butt!

10. C says

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED REIGN. I CANT WAIT FOR IT TO COME ON EVERY WEEK. SO MANY SERIES ARE BEING CANCELED THAT PEOPLE LOVE!!!!! PLEASE DONT CANCEL REIGN.