Reign

Reign TV show on CWNetwork: The CW
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: October 17, 2013 – TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Adelaide Kane, Toby Regbo, Torrance Coombs, Megan Follows, Alan Van Sprang, Celina Sinden, Caitlin Stasey, Anna Popplewell, and Jenessa Grant.

current TV show

TV show description:
This dramatic series takes place in the 16th century and revolves around headstrong monarch Mary Stuart (Adelaide Kane), the teenager who will become known as Mary, Queen of Scots.

Arriving in France with four close friends — Greer (Celina Sinden), Kenna (Caitlin Stasey), Lola (Anna Popplewell) and Aylee (Jenessa Grant) — as her ladies-in-waiting, Mary has been sent to secure Scotland’s strategic alliance by formalizing her arranged engagement to the French king’s dashing son, Prince Francis (Toby Regbo).

But the match isn’t signed and sealed — it depends more on politics, religion and secret agendas than affairs of the heart. Prince Francis is intrigued by the fiery Scot. However, like most young men, he resists the idea of settling down into marriage. He has a history with a lady of the court and his own point of view on the wisdom of an alliance with Scotland. Still, an attraction between Mary and Francis is ignited.

Further complicating matters is Francis’ handsome and roguish half-brother, Bash (Torrance Coombs). He has a history of his own. Despite his illegitimate birth, Bash is his father’s favorite. Though he is all too aware that Francis is the heir to the throne and Mary’s intended, Bash soon develops his own feelings for Mary.

None of the intrigue at Court is lost on Francis’ mother, Queen Catherine (Megan Follows). The strong-willed Queen is aware of Mary’s inflammatory effect on her son and his half-brother. She’s also aware of the dalliances of her husband, King Henry (Alan Van Sprang) — with his mistress as well as other ladies of the Court.

For guidance, Queen Catherine turns to her trusted advisor, the seer Nostradamus. He terrifies the Queen with his prophecy that marriage to Mary will cost Francis his life. As a result, Catherine is determined to save her son, no matter how many others have to pay with their lives.

As Mary learns for herself that fierce foes are conspiring to sabotage her marriage to Francis (and also threaten her life), she becomes aware of other dark forces. There’s a mysterious presence in the castle; a shrouded figure who may become her unlikely ally.

To cope with the brutality of the times, villagers trust in magic and superstition. In the dark woods surrounding the French Court lurk those who offer human sacrifice to a being who seems to require blood.

With danger and sexual intrigue around every dark castle corner, Mary rallies her ladies-in-waiting and steels herself, ready to rule the new land and balance the demands of her country and her heart.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like the Reign TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Kari January 18, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Needs to stay on! Best tv show out there !!!! Love love love it!

Denise Imbriaco January 15, 2014 at 12:07 am

One of the best shows on TV Fall Season.. DON’T CANCEL.. one of my favorite shows.

Anonymous January 13, 2014 at 12:20 am

Do not cancel. Very good show. Haven’t found a show I liked this much since The Tudors!

gale January 10, 2014 at 2:54 am

and white queen.these are shows i hope are not canceled…

gale January 10, 2014 at 2:51 am

finally a series that get you involved with history of the 14-16 century..often times it is a lot easier to watch and remember the history than many find boring books,,,This ignites your love for history and regenerate your love for history get you reading ,researching and loving history again….great job…reign

Letty January 8, 2014 at 9:30 am

Finally, a show that doesn’t involve blood and gore, sci-fi type demons, outer space, computer crap, or fake reality. And how about the shows that click from scene to scene so fast, you can’t really tell what you’re seeing? They cause me a real headache and I turn them off. Until this show came out, I had totally given up on television, and was considering dropping the dish. This is the best show to come out in years. Why on earth would canceling even be an option?

Cheryl January 5, 2014 at 4:12 pm

Great show, I am trying to catch up on missed episodes. Wish they had 4-6 online!!
Please do NOT cancel…

Anthony January 4, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Just started watching rebroadcast first three great show

Stephanie January 3, 2014 at 11:00 am

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SHOW!!! Best new show on TV!

Sarah c December 31, 2013 at 8:02 pm

I have really enjoyed this series. It is one of the few shows I look forward to watching. Every night my husband and I look on Hulu to see if a new episode is available.

Sarah December 31, 2013 at 6:33 pm

I LOVE Reign. My first obsession ever! And i’m serious. I’ve been wanting an old time show like this for the longest, once they’ve stopped showing legend of the seeker I lost all hope. But now that Reign is on, i’m in love. I will be DEVASTATED if it is cancelled.

Jim Lemon December 30, 2013 at 2:19 pm

Can you please tell me when REIGN will be televised in the UK?

Patty December 30, 2013 at 12:57 am

Reign is the best new series on television. I look forward to watching it every week. PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL IT!!!

Elizabeth December 27, 2013 at 8:15 pm

Looove Reign!! I am older and love the romance. Please don’t cancel until Mary marries Frances and they live happily ever after!!

Donna December 26, 2013 at 10:35 pm

do not cancel Reign, its excellent show.