Resurrection: ABC TV Show Gets Second Season

Resurrection TV show on ABC: season 2This show doesn’t need reviving. ABC has renewed their new Resurrection TV series for a second season.

On Resurrection, a small town in Missouri is turned upside down when deceased loved ones start to return. The cast includes Omar Epps, Kurtwood Smith, Frances Fisher, Devin Kelley, Matt Craven, Samaire Armstrong, Mark Hildreth, Sam Hazeldine, and Landon Gimenez.

Following a lot of promotion, this drama debuted to a very strong 3.8 rating with 13.9 million viewers. The ratings have fallen quite a bit in the last few weeks but it’s still generating positive numbers for ABC. The network has had a tough time filling their Sunday night schedule and this is one of only two new ABC dramas that have had any success in the ratings.

What do you think? Have you been watching this show? Are you glad that it’s been renewed or do you think that it should have been cancelled instead? How long should Resurrection run? For many years or just a few?

Brenda July 30, 2014 at 10:22 am

I was so upset that the show was gone. I thought I had finally found a show I could follow from the beginning and then they left me hanging. I can’t wait for the next season. Keep them coming!

Gordon July 29, 2014 at 10:50 pm

I am extremely pleased it is going to continue

wendy July 29, 2014 at 6:40 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVED the show and am so excited for the Second Season!!! Run it for as long as they can!!! loads of stories to be told in Arcadia!!!

Anonymous July 28, 2014 at 11:55 pm

Love the show, glad to hear it’s coming back for a second season!!!

Shirl July 28, 2014 at 11:15 pm

I think this show is great,please have a second season, Don’t leave us hanging

Genie July 28, 2014 at 7:22 pm

My husband and I enjoy the show very much and are eagerly anticipating the return of it! We would be devastated if it were to be cancelled!

Karen July 28, 2014 at 4:37 pm

Lovvvvvvvvvvvvve this show so glad there not going leave it hanging. I will watch this show till the bitter end. Thanks ABC.

Robert A. Johnson July 28, 2014 at 4:02 am

I like this show because it is not the run of the mill shlock. It has depth and shows ordinary people trying to cope with an extrodinary situation. As for how long it should run that is as long as the story is not watered down with filler. When the story has been told then end the series with class.

Rhonda July 26, 2014 at 11:14 pm

I like this show please dont cancel it

Ms Kitty July 26, 2014 at 9:54 pm

I am very happy to hear Resurrection will be back. The script and plot make you really wonder and think just what the heck is going on. The cast is great and are all very believable. Yes happy happy happy it will be back.

Laura July 25, 2014 at 11:13 pm

I would have been sincerely devastated if Resurrection would have been cancelled.

Janice July 25, 2014 at 4:45 pm

it has been several years since I was interested in watching a series until Resurection came on. I would record it if I was not going to be home to watch it! as long as the story line doesn’t get too incredibly ridiculous, I could watch it for years,

Karen Schultr July 25, 2014 at 9:11 am

I would have been sincerely devastated if Ressurection would have been cancelled.
The cast is just great and the story line is soo believable.

Robin July 24, 2014 at 1:58 pm

I am sooooo glad it was not cancelled. I am looking forward to seeing the next season.

Barbara July 23, 2014 at 4:35 pm

This show is RIVETING! Every episode makes me watch it all over again, and still just HATE the fact that I have to wait a week for the next one! AND NOW I have to wait all summer. Oh PLEASE help me make it until September 29…..I am freaking out here!!!

Robin July 24, 2014 at 1:59 pm

hahahaha – I absolutely feel your pain !