Resurrection: ABC TV Show Gets Second Season

Resurrection TV show on ABC: season 2This show doesn’t need reviving. ABC has renewed their new Resurrection TV series for a second season.

On Resurrection, a small town in Missouri is turned upside down when deceased loved ones start to return. The cast includes Omar Epps, Kurtwood Smith, Frances Fisher, Devin Kelley, Matt Craven, Samaire Armstrong, Mark Hildreth, Sam Hazeldine, and Landon Gimenez.

Following a lot of promotion, this drama debuted to a very strong 3.8 rating with 13.9 million viewers. The ratings have fallen quite a bit in the last few weeks but it’s still generating positive numbers for ABC. The network has had a tough time filling their Sunday night schedule and this is one of only two new ABC dramas that have had any success in the ratings.

What do you think? Have you been watching this show? Are you glad that it’s been renewed or do you think that it should have been cancelled instead? How long should Resurrection run? For many years or just a few?

Canceled and renewed TV show

492 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. says

I loved this show, please don’t take it off the air. It keeps my interest from start to finish, if they don’t go off in an unreal fashion–this by far is the best tv show ive seen in years!!!!

2. firefall says

This show was interesting one of the few new ideas without a brain dead plot. Then it just disappeared. What the heck????

3. christine mikos says

loved the show, cant wait for more, i was on the edge waiting to see what was going to happen next. very glad there will be a second season, please dont let us fans down by changing your mind

4. Sonya Burns says

I love tbe program. I find it very intertaining.
    I think it’s very well written. I appreciate the fact
    that it’s purely fictional and takes you on an
    unbelievable ride. I can’t wait for season 2
    to begin.

• wayne says

Its very clear to me that the show is very real and based on fact, THE RESSURRECTION OF THE DEAD AT CHRISTS RETURN, THANKS, WAYNE

5. Leonard says

Poorly written show with a confused plot and sub-par acting. It seemed like the writers had no clue what they were doing and were simple making it up and adding more and more characters for no apparent reason. I lost interest after the third or fourth episode and won’t be watching season 2.

• Ben Gonzales says

Love the show it keeps you thinking what’s going to happen next? Lost my mom last year and my mom sister told me about this show and I’m not into watching tv shows on ABC or NBC(just law n order svu) or CBS just a WASTE of my time but I took a chance and watch it with my Tia(in Fresno California) and I was hook! Came back home to Zapata Tx told my wife and bother about this great show resurrection and we where all hook can’t wait for season 2 hopefully it’ll be SOONER THE LATER