Resurrection: Season One Ratings

Resurrection on ABC ratingsABC has not been having an easy time on Sunday nights. Their existing shows have been dropping in the ratings and their new ones have tanked. Will Resurrection help revive the night for them or will it be cancelled as well?

On Resurrection, a small town in Missouri is turned upside down when deceased loved ones start to return. The cast includes Omar Epps, Kurtwood Smith, Frances Fisher, Devin Kelley, Matt Craven, Samaire Armstrong, Mark Hildreth, Sam Hazeldine, and Landon Gimenez.

5/5 update: You can see the latest night’s ratings in context here.

5/8 update: Resurrection has been renewed for a seconf season by ABC.

What do you think? Do you like the Mind Games TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or be renewed for a second season?

Baby Cakes May 15, 2014 at 8:28 am

Every Sunday night I watch Resurrection and Once Upon a Time with my mother.The show gets better every time for me.If the show has to be cancelled,please give some form of ending.Weather they all die or live.I want to know an ending!But as said in a former comment,ABC adversized to much.The first time I saw it on a commercial it looked amazing,but after the 10th time I was alittle sick of seeing the show!(Ad this was one Lifetime movie)BUT IF IT HAS TO BE CANCELLED,PLEASE GIVE SOME TYPE OF ENDING FOR THE VIEWERS THAT HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING!!!

Baby Cakes May 15, 2014 at 8:28 am

Dawn May 6, 2014 at 12:16 am

The problem is not with the shows. The problem is how ABC handles it’s new shows. They promote the crap out of them for months until people are sick of the show before it even airs and then they cancel it before it has time to build an audience. I’ve never seen a network cancel so many shows. I’ll just start getting into something and then they’ll cancel it. Hence what I said about them not giving the shows time to build an audience. Their programming has been all over the place for the past few years and honestly, it’s driving me crazy. They need to pick a line up and stick to it before they lose all viewership except for their few crowd pleasers. I like Resurrection. I think it has gotten better since the first few episodes. It was kind of dull at first but then it picked up and I was just really starting to like it. It’s something different and it’s a mystery. I want to find out how the dead came back and why. I certainly don’t want to see another cop show or reality talent show. They should cancel Motive because that show is just LAME.

Anonymous April 27, 2014 at 10:14 pm

IF…YOU…HAVE…WATCHED…BELIEVE…BUT…HAVE…STOPPED…NOW…IS…THE…
TIME…TO…GET…BACK! THIS SHOW IS AWSOME!!! SO…MUCH…BETTER…THAN…THE SO CALLED…RESURRECTION?!!!

KEVIN April 26, 2014 at 5:51 pm

[ FROM ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY ]
As if everyday life weren’t FUBAR enough for the bewildered residents of Arcadia, Mo.
the arrival of more dead folks from the early 1900′s and suspicious officers from the Army sparks a fresh wave of paranoia that forces Agent Bellamy ( Omar Epps ) to find
refuge for “the Returned” in the season final. Although ABC’s sudsy sci-fi hour was never
meant to be completely believable, the once-promising series has gone from a drama rooted in humanity to a full-blown supernatural soap ( a la Under the Dome ) that teeters
dangerously close to out-and-out schlock. But if you’re still watching, you already knew that, didn’t you? C+

GrandmaPat April 23, 2014 at 7:21 pm

I love this show, watch Once Upon a Time, Resurrection, and Revenge all in a row. I caught Believe, so now I am recording that for later viewing-as it is also very good. Having lost a son, I am emotionally vested in this one. Please, wrap it up intelligently if you are going to cancel it.