Revenge: Season Two Ratings

ABC TV show Revenge ratingsIt looked like Revenge might be cancelled due to mediocre ratings last May. ABC gave the TV series a renewal instead, likely in part because the network’s other new dramas didn’t perform as well. Will Revenge’s ratings fall lower this season or will this nighttime soap’s numbers rise instead?

The second season of Revenge typically airs Sunday nights on ABC. The network has ordered 22 episodes. The cast includes Emily VanCamp, Madeleine Stowe, Henry Czerny, Joshua Bowman, Christa B. Allen, Gabriel Mann, Nick Wechsler, Connor Paolo, and Ashley Madekwe.

Here are the TV show’s ratings for the 2012-13 season, the best way to tell if Revenge is going to be cancelled or renewed for season three.

Final season averages: 2.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 7.02 million total viewers.

Episode 02-21: Sunday, 05/12/13
1.7 in the demo (-6% change) with 6.12 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 2.16 in the demo with 7.02 million.

UPDATE: ABC has renewed this show for a third season for 2013-14.

Episode 02-20: Sunday, 05/05/13
1.8 in the demo (+6% change) with 6.28 million (+4% change).
Season averages: 2.18 in the demo with 7.07 million.

Episode 02-19: Sunday, 04/28/13
1.7 in the demo (+13% change) with 6.05 million (+10% change).
Season averages: 2.20 in the demo with 7.11 million.

Episode 02-18: Sunday, 03/31/13
1.5 in the demo (-17% change) with 5.49 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 2.23 in the demo with 7.17 million.

Episode 02-17: Sunday, 03/24/13
1.8 in the demo (0% change) with 6.31 million (-4% change).
Season averages: 2.27 in the demo with 7.27 million.

Episode 02-16: Sunday, 03/17/13
1.8 in the demo (-10% change) with 6.57 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 2.30 in the demo with 7.33 million.

Episode 02-15: Sunday, 03/10/13
2.0 in the demo (+11% change) with 6.96 million (+16% change).
Season averages: 2.33 in the demo with 7.38 million.

Episode 02-14: Sunday, 02/17/13
1.8 in the demo (+29% change) with 5.99 million (+15% change).
Season averages: 2.36 in the demo with 7.41 million.

Episode 02-13: Sunday, 02/10/13
1.4 in the demo (-18% change) with 5.20 million (-10% change).
Season averages: 2.40 in the demo with 7.52 million.

Episode 02-12: Sunday, 01/20/13
1.7 in the demo (-15% change) with 5.75 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 2.48 in the demo with 7.71 million.

Episode 02-11: Sunday, 01/13/13
2.0 in the demo (-17% change) with 6.17 million (-13% change).
Season averages: 2.55 in the demo with 7.89 million.

ABC TV show ratingsEpisode 02-10: Sunday, 01/06/13
2.4 in the demo (0% change) with 7.12 million (-7% change).
Season averages: 2.61 in the demo with 8.06 million.

Episode 02-09: Sunday, 12/02/12
2.4 in the demo (+9% change) with 7.65 million (+11% change).
Season averages: 2.63 in the demo with 8.17 million.

Episode 02-08: Sunday, November 25, 2012
2.2 in the demo (-12% change) with 6.92 million (-11% change).
Season averages: 2.66 in the demo with 8.23 million.

Episode 02-07: Sunday, 11/11/12
2.5 in the demo (-7% change) with 7.73 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 2.73 in the demo with 8.42 million.

Episode 02-06: Sunday, 11/04/12
2.7 in the demo (0% change) with 7.94 million (-3% change).
Season averages: 2.77 in the demo with 8.54 million.

Episode 02-05: Sunday, 10/28/12
2.7 in the demo (-4% change) with 8.18 million (-6% change).
Season averages: 2.78 in the demo with 8.65 million.

Episode 02-04: Sunday, 10/21/12
2.8 in the demo (+8% change) with 8.71 million (+5% change).
Season averages: 2.80 in the demo with 8.77 million.

Episode 02-03: Sunday, 10/14/12
2.6 in the demo (0% change) with 8.28 million (-1% change).
Season averages: 2.80 in the demo with 8.79 million.

Episode 02-02: Sunday, 10/07/12
2.6 in the demo (-19% change) with 8.36 million (-14% change).
Season averages: 2.90 in the demo with 9.05 million.

Episode 02-01: Sunday, 09/30/12
3.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 9.74 million total viewers.
Season averages: 3.20 in the demo with 9.74 million.

Year-to-year, the season debut of Revenge was down slightly from the series premiere, by 3% in the demo (vs a 3.3 rating) and down by 3% in viewership (vs 10.02 million). These were the highest numbers since last year’s premiere. A very positive start.

Reference point: The 2011-12 season averaged a 2.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 7.82 million viewers.

What do you think? Do you still like the Revenge TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a third season?

js33 January 20, 2014 at 10:52 am

Used to be one of my top shows but it’s slipped. I still watch but am disappointed with the story line. The French woman adds nothing in her relationship with Jack and I find it annoying. Emily is now being betrayed as a shrew and hard to warm up to. I’m sure WRITERS that it was false that Emily could not have children. Warm up the characters or you’ll lose me.

Marianne November 15, 2013 at 9:30 pm

My husband and I enjoy the show but it seems to be dragging on too long. Waiting for the final season to be announced.

jazmin September 12, 2013 at 8:02 am

OMG revenge was amazing and I would love to see more of it.. Enjoyed it all the way to season 2 ep 22 and would love to see a season 3,4, and 5 if its possible. I really want to know what happens after Emily tells Jack she is really Amanda. Cant wait to see more from it

p Morris June 30, 2013 at 6:40 pm

please keep Revenge on for another season. I enjoy watching a interesting night soap.

Lizzy June 9, 2013 at 10:47 pm

Revenge is my favorite show – Give it a PERMANENT DAY and TIME and NO start stop crap and the SHOW is AWESOME. If I know EVERY Wednesday at 9:00 pm its on I am their my friends my family JUST GIVE IT its own day and time without interruption.
The show has a great storyline and totally awesome intrigue, Its got what it takes. BEST SHOW ON TV!!!!!!!

Sera Liam May 23, 2013 at 9:06 pm

No please don’t cancel it I love this show so much

Almaha May 23, 2013 at 9:03 pm

Revenge is like The best show now days all my friends watch revenge all my teachers watch revenge my family everyone watches revenge please don’t cancel the show

Anonymous May 21, 2013 at 6:21 am

We PVR the show….can’t miss an episode. Best show in years. Scheduling sucks…we thought the finale was weeks ago b/c it wasn’t aired for so long. Ratings are down b/c the show is on for a couple weeks, then off.

Jen May 18, 2013 at 10:13 pm

My mother and I started watching this show together since episode 1 and we are addicted! We have a revenge night every week and watch it ON DEMAND. We were disappointed during season 2 how t was on a couple of times and then would go off for weeks. It’s not the show that has the caused any low ratings, it’s the fact that it had so many off weeks. Just watched seaon 2 finale and it was AWSOME!!! Best cliff hanger ever after Emily told Jack her real identity. Can’t wait to Season 3.

gema rodriguez May 14, 2013 at 12:51 am

I love this show dont cancel it I want to see the real Amanda marrying Jack ♥

Sarah May 7, 2013 at 8:22 am

I LOVE Revenge, It’s amazing. I think the reason why the ratings are fluctuating, is because It constantly starts up again for 2/3 episodes, and then goes off for a month, then starts up again & off. I think It will work better starting a little later, and having a little longer mid- season break, so there won’t be so many breaks between multiple sets of episodes! ( Scheduling needs improving)

Liz Walton May 6, 2013 at 9:01 am

Revenge is unlike other shows in that it covers a broad spectrum of ideas making the intrigue more palatable .

RINIJG May 2, 2013 at 12:23 pm

I love, love, love this show. Always has twists and turns. One of those shows, that you have to follow from the beginning. Love the characters. Also hate that they moved it around. Loved it on Wednesday night. HOWEVER, DON’T CHANGE AGAIN. Please renew.

Curzon Dax May 1, 2013 at 9:22 pm

I couldn’t care less for this show, I could barely keep interested in it.

Lizzy June 9, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Is it that you could care less about the show because it was on again off again and in doing so was almost impossible to get follow the show because their were/are so many facets to keep up with.
OR you REALLY watched the show and didn’t care for it?
Personally every show left me on the edge & waiting hysterically for the next show… but MANY & I MEAN MANY times it wouldn’t be on it would be another week then 2 weeks then a month then 3 weeks that I would literally WANT to quit watching!

Regina April 29, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Please don’t take revenge off! I absolutley love this show!
I think season 2 had too many reruns! I think that is why
The ratings are down. I am a dedicated viewer and would
Be terribly upset if it is cancelled!