Revolution: Cancelled by NBC, No Season Three

NBC Revolution ratingsHow times have changed. Last year, Revolution looked like it was the big hit of the 2012-13 season. Now, NBC has cancelled it, according to TV Guide.

Revolution revolves around the Matheson family and others who live in a world where there is no longer any power. The cast includes Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Giancarlo Esposito, Zak Orth, David Lyons, JD Pardo, Stephen Collins, and Elizabeth Mitchell.

Following The Voice, Revolution started out very strong last year but the numbers fell as the season progressed. NBC renewed it for a full season off 22 episodes anyway and relocated it to Wednesdays at 8pm. It’s really struggled in that timeslot and this week fell to a 1.2 demo rating with 3.78 million viewers — an all-time low.

Not surprisingly, NBC has decided not to order a third season. There are two installments remaining and they will air on May 14th and May 21st. The final episode of ABC’s Mixology will also air on the latter date.

What do you think? Did you stick with Revoluton? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled the show or renewed it for a third season?

Anonymous October 30, 2014 at 10:49 am

wow, really? keep cancelling all the good shows…Revolution, Life, Southland, etc. Pretty soon I’ll just watch movies so as to not be let down but another dumb decision!

victoria October 29, 2014 at 8:40 pm

I just finished season 2 on Netflix . and was looking forward to season 3 , wishing that maybe that Aaron and them could stop the nano but now I’ll never get the chance so Booooo you NBC ! at least if you was gone cancel it cancel it without any loose ends ✌

Graham October 27, 2014 at 6:18 pm

Revolution was sooo good! Can’t believe it was cancelled…Please bring it back!!

Alyssa Haner October 27, 2014 at 12:53 am

I wish I had watched it from the beginning. I just finished it on Netflix and am heartbroken it is cancelled. It is honestly the GREATEST show I have seen in a long time. It’s a show that everyone would love if they watched it. The story lines are great, full of action and quick paced. There really isn’t another show like it. I pray to God it gets picked up by another network like TNT. This show does not deserve to be cut so short.

Brayden Bartlett October 26, 2014 at 10:29 pm

Well this show brought my family together to watch a show and relate to it this show changed our lives and now that it has been canceled there has been much to much crazy things I would just love it if you guys could renew it thanks and please consider this.

Loretta Holmes October 26, 2014 at 6:43 pm

I just cannot believe they have cancelled this show. Please reconsider, I think it has a message we all need to hear. Thank you.

Anonymous October 26, 2014 at 12:34 am

Love this show. I was really looking forward to season 3.
I am so disappointed!!!!!

Jepgrl October 22, 2014 at 10:36 pm

Please bring this show back!!!! It was a fantastic show. Maybe you think it was too real..

payne October 22, 2014 at 4:58 pm

although i just started watching the show on netflix i love it. and regret that i missed it while it was on television. i didn’t know about the show. i started watching it “october 12, 2014 and i recently finished both season 1 and 2 on October 22, 2014. bring the season 3 back

Anonymous October 20, 2014 at 10:03 pm

I really enjoyed this show :(

sofia October 20, 2014 at 3:46 pm

please bring revolution back !!!!!!

gdog October 20, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Sigh. Boo NBC, now MUCH less likely to start watching any of your new shows, because you won’t let them develop. With streaming services, millions of people can now get hooked on shows and “catch up”, but you’re too stupid to realize it.

Rob Hiles October 19, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Good ol’ NBC, at it again. This is the same network that also cancelled Start Trek TOS, so I am not surprised by this news. Too bad this network seems to like to pull the plug on good shows. Been doing it for a long time.