Revolution: Cancelled by NBC, No Season Three

NBC Revolution ratingsHow times have changed. Last year, Revolution looked like it was the big hit of the 2012-13 season. Now, NBC has cancelled it, according to TV Guide.

Revolution revolves around the Matheson family and others who live in a world where there is no longer any power. The cast includes Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Giancarlo Esposito, Zak Orth, David Lyons, JD Pardo, Stephen Collins, and Elizabeth Mitchell.

Following The Voice, Revolution started out very strong last year but the numbers fell as the season progressed. NBC renewed it for a full season off 22 episodes anyway and relocated it to Wednesdays at 8pm. It’s really struggled in that timeslot and this week fell to a 1.2 demo rating with 3.78 million viewers — an all-time low.

Not surprisingly, NBC has decided not to order a third season. There are two installments remaining and they will air on May 14th and May 21st. The final episode of ABC’s Mixology will also air on the latter date.

What do you think? Did you stick with Revoluton? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled the show or renewed it for a third season?

JOHN July 27, 2014 at 12:27 pm

I DONT WATCH NBC ANYNORE NBC Cancelled Revolution I Cancelled NBC ………..

Anonymous July 27, 2014 at 7:29 am

bring it back! my favorite show

Marit Mølmen Øien July 26, 2014 at 5:11 am

What! It can’t be! I need to know what’s going to happen next. I need closure, you can’t stop it before we find out what is going to happen next. Please!!! Just give it a nother time slot and it will gett many viewers again.

Janie July 25, 2014 at 2:26 pm

OMG, I ate, drank and slept Revolution!! It is so true to life in our future…this story line could really happen in our near future. Please reconsider your decision to cancel. This is one loyal fan.

Deb July 23, 2014 at 2:53 pm

are you kidding me? This is a great show and there are not many on the basic channels. Please reconsider…..this show can and will take off again, in the proper time slot!
Great acting! There are too many reality shows on, come on people, get a life.
NBC needs a better focus group! This story line is relevant and can live for many years.

Sharon July 26, 2014 at 9:15 pm

I totally agree with you and everyone else!!!! It seems like all the networks cancel shows that are well liked and followed. What the hell is the matter with them. They certainly didn’t ask me or any of the followers of this show what they thought about it!! All I see when I turn on the TV now is those damn, stupid reality shows!!!!

Kim July 20, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Why not change the day or time slot? I hate when shows cancel and there is no ending!! Bring it back!!!

yds July 18, 2014 at 10:13 pm

I want to watch Revolution Season 3!!!!!!!

Stelios Svks July 18, 2014 at 5:08 am

It just ended without a sight?
You’ve got to be kidding me…
Bring it back …

Theano July 18, 2014 at 5:00 am

too bad… :(

Rach July 17, 2014 at 5:45 pm

I cannot believe you (NBC) have canceled Revolution. What is wrong with you? NBC didn’t really have any tv shows worth watching and you cancel it. LOOSERS you at the network SUCK!