Revolution: Cancelled by NBC, No Season Three

NBC Revolution ratingsHow times have changed. Last year, Revolution looked like it was the big hit of the 2012-13 season. Now, NBC has cancelled it, according to TV Guide.

Revolution revolves around the Matheson family and others who live in a world where there is no longer any power. The cast includes Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Giancarlo Esposito, Zak Orth, David Lyons, JD Pardo, Stephen Collins, and Elizabeth Mitchell.

Following The Voice, Revolution started out very strong last year but the numbers fell as the season progressed. NBC renewed it for a full season off 22 episodes anyway and relocated it to Wednesdays at 8pm. It’s really struggled in that timeslot and this week fell to a 1.2 demo rating with 3.78 million viewers — an all-time low.

Not surprisingly, NBC has decided not to order a third season. There are two installments remaining and they will air on May 14th and May 21st. The final episode of ABC’s Mixology will also air on the latter date.

What do you think? Did you stick with Revoluton? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled the show or renewed it for a third season?

Anonymous October 1, 2014 at 2:35 am

I am going to make sure that I do not watch NBC.They get you involved in a show then they cancelled it be fore it is done.This is not the first time that they do this.

HANK October 1, 2014 at 9:24 am

I totally agree! I also am going to make sure that I do NOT watch NBC.They get you involved in a show then they cancelled it be fore it is done.They NEVER give YOU CLOSURE! This is not the first time that they do this. NBC = The NO BROADCAST CHANNEL!

Anonymous September 30, 2014 at 12:07 am

Thy should at least finish the show and then no one will hate hem for canceling it!! And no one will get upset that hey didn’t know what was going to happen next

Anonymous September 30, 2014 at 12:05 am

This was a amazing show I don’t see why they would want to cancel it. I’ve loved watching this show for a while now it’s amazing my family wild sit in our living room and watch it together while we were on the edge of our seats wondering wha would happen next. Please bring this show back!!

Priscilla September 28, 2014 at 10:48 pm

Revolution needs to be back in the air! It was an awesome show! Great characters very sad

Veronica September 28, 2014 at 6:11 pm

My husband and I so liked this show. This show with the wonderful story lines of alliances and back stabbing could have gone on for years. The cast was just great! Please bring it back!

kenneth Hickman September 27, 2014 at 8:50 pm

revolution was a great show filled with suspense and action I cant understand why nobody watched it. the actors and actresses were fantastic how can you not make a third season that’s ridiculous. I don’t even watch tv I just watch Netflix so Im hoping Netflix will take up where nbc left off.

nadine September 27, 2014 at 2:15 pm

I absolutely loooooooove revaluation there must be a season three I was really looking forward to it hopefully Netflix will pick it up and continue the show I hope :(

Anonymous September 27, 2014 at 1:59 pm

That’s why I got rid of cable and satellite cause all the good shows get taken off the air for crap shows. I only watch Netflix now. Maybe ABC, NBC, CBS, FX and all those other networks should just sell the rights to Netflix to keep the good shows going.