Revolution: Cancelled by NBC, No Season Three

NBC Revolution ratingsHow times have changed. Last year, Revolution looked like it was the big hit of the 2012-13 season. Now, NBC has cancelled it, according to TV Guide.

Revolution revolves around the Matheson family and others who live in a world where there is no longer any power. The cast includes Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Giancarlo Esposito, Zak Orth, David Lyons, JD Pardo, Stephen Collins, and Elizabeth Mitchell.

Following The Voice, Revolution started out very strong last year but the numbers fell as the season progressed. NBC renewed it for a full season off 22 episodes anyway and relocated it to Wednesdays at 8pm. It’s really struggled in that timeslot and this week fell to a 1.2 demo rating with 3.78 million viewers — an all-time low.

Not surprisingly, NBC has decided not to order a third season. There are two installments remaining and they will air on May 14th and May 21st. The final episode of ABC’s Mixology will also air on the latter date.

What do you think? Did you stick with Revoluton? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled the show or renewed it for a third season?

Chris November 20, 2014 at 9:02 pm

Are you kidding!? This was an awesome show!! Take off the stupid, brain dead shows!

Renata November 18, 2014 at 9:53 pm

They really should keep this show! My husband & I looked forward to watching every week. Maybe if they stopped moving the shows around in time slots & days people could find them & they would get better ratings.

Stephanie November 16, 2014 at 3:08 pm

I’m from the Netherlands and I’m surprised that there is no season 3! I liked it and my mom and friend also! We are always Looking up for every episode ! Please let there be a season 3! We are so dissapointed!

carlos loveira November 15, 2014 at 5:20 pm

Is one off the NBC garbage done to TV follower they only care about Obama and democratic party and throw garbage to the republicans

Helen Lepper November 12, 2014 at 11:35 am

It really sucks that nbc took this off the air cuz I looked forward to watching revolutionevery week. It was one of the best shows on tv and nbc has to go and take it off the air and totally ruin my tv shows. But that’s what they do, they get you hooked on a great series and then they take it off the air and totally leave you hanging wondering what’s happening next!!! Which that’s not fair to any of us viewers that are really engulfed in these shows. But always remember, nbc don’t care about us the ones that are engulfed in these shows, they just look at the ones that are not!!!

Anonymous November 11, 2014 at 2:29 am

Really liked the show but what do expect, it’s nbc

Olivia November 9, 2014 at 9:47 pm

Revolution is a good series. What needs to be cancelled are the people that made the bad decisions on promotion of this show and it’s location in the line up. This show truly grabbed at the current interest and beliefs of the population. It also showed, what is will always be, especially when the ruthless for power are still around. I agree with everyone above. You need to see that this is obviously a good story with great creators. So the errors here are not the show, its viewers, its writers. It is those that think they know what the people want. It’s those that believe lack of ratings was the people saying they were ‘t interested versus the obvious. It obviously is a good story. Anyone who watches can say that. It’s the network decision makers and programmers that have been erring. You can ot expect people to have time to see all the new shows that come out. It takes awhile to weed through them. I’ve only discovered this show finally in the last few months. There was too many out there and always is now. Especially since networks kill shows so quickly. In todays world of constant and too much, you should know it will now take much longer then your previous ideas flow of things. The world is bigger. People need more time getting through the weeds, all the junk put in our faces. Just when I thought a low end network was finally getting decent programming. Now I must return to HBO and the other great story tellers.

Kathy November 9, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Always looked forward to watching the show. We could have learned something from it. Shouldn’t take everything in life for granted.

Akyen James November 8, 2014 at 9:20 pm

revolution season 3 should not be cancelled because am eager to watch it.

Teresa Y. November 5, 2014 at 9:07 pm

You know instead of canceling the show because it got less ratings than the first year why not try to make it better.Personaly I enjoyed it and was really looking forward to the 3rd season. Also I don’t think I will watch nbc anymore.Small letters on purpose because that’s what I think about you guys!!!

eric November 2, 2014 at 1:33 am

Let the Revolution live on!

Chuck November 1, 2014 at 9:38 pm

My wife and I were both really disappointed that they cancelled Revolution. It was really a great show. It seems like they always cancel the shows that we get interested in. Especially the shows that build from week to week and are good drama and even better, have a science fiction theme.

Larry November 1, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Really liked this show and I’m 68 yrs old. I’m now back to watching only about 4 or 5 programs per week. Will not watch the stupid reality shows.