Revolution: Cancelled by NBC, No Season Three

NBC Revolution ratingsHow times have changed. Last year, Revolution looked like it was the big hit of the 2012-13 season. Now, NBC has cancelled it, according to TV Guide.

Revolution revolves around the Matheson family and others who live in a world where there is no longer any power. The cast includes Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Giancarlo Esposito, Zak Orth, David Lyons, JD Pardo, Stephen Collins, and Elizabeth Mitchell.

Following The Voice, Revolution started out very strong last year but the numbers fell as the season progressed. NBC renewed it for a full season off 22 episodes anyway and relocated it to Wednesdays at 8pm. It’s really struggled in that timeslot and this week fell to a 1.2 demo rating with 3.78 million viewers — an all-time low.

Not surprisingly, NBC has decided not to order a third season. There are two installments remaining and they will air on May 14th and May 21st. The final episode of ABC’s Mixology will also air on the latter date.

What do you think? Did you stick with Revoluton? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled the show or renewed it for a third season?

Charlotte December 15, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Hey im from denmark and i sad too see there isnt going to be a sesaon 3 of revolution my family and friends love that serie because it is an awesome and very good series. Hope that we can get a closer for what going to happen love from denmark

Jason December 5, 2014 at 10:08 pm

Don’t stop, really giving up to soon. It’s a hit.

Mike H December 4, 2014 at 2:12 pm

I have mixed feelings about this show being dropped. I did enjoy the show a lot BUT it was starting to get a bit old. Same old same old same old. Miles and Monroe in impossible situations again and again. They could have give it a third season then wrapped it up something like Battle Star Galactica. At least give us fans some closure. ( Or give the world power back) Letting everyone hang was what I call an “O shit” ending. Meaning O shit I watched the whole thing!

Arthur December 1, 2014 at 3:16 am

Don’t cancel the best show on TV !

Tracy Siironen November 30, 2014 at 2:57 am

I AM SO UPSET BY YOUR CACNCELING THE SERIES REVOLUTION. I LOVED THIS SERIES. I AM NOT WATCHING YOUR STATION ANYMORE. I THINK IT WAS CRUEL THING TO DO TO YOUR FANS. I KNOW IM JUST ONE PERSON AND IT DOESNT MEAN ANYTHING TO YOU. BUT IF MYSELF AND THEN SOMEONE ELSE DOES THE SAME THING. YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE A COMPANY LEFT. THEY SURVEY THAT IS SENT OUT WILL HAVE ALL NEGATIVES TOWARD YOUR STATION.

Jennifer November 29, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Are you kidding me?? Cancelled the show. This show was the best I ever see and I want to see more to come.. the people are not using cable anymore.. remember this is 21st century and we use internet..

Larry C. Luna November 26, 2014 at 5:38 pm

Revolution, a quality show. Very creative and entertaining. You, have done poor research and cancelled this show. It is always so normal to think that because a show isn’t a smash hit right away, that it won’t be one. Shows like modern family, housewives of dirtdom seem to be done over and over, go get your big bucks on the depravity on modern mankind. There are still people in this country who want quality program. Next time, don’t put these programs to air on Wednesdays or Sundays. We are at our local churches and would enjoy programs such as Revolution on any other day. We Christians are not ignorant, we know good writing, acting and directing when we see it. So go ahead and put your money on shows depicting women of extreme poor morals or shows depicting families without moral fiber. May I add, Shows like Preachers of LA, are just as immoral, no thanks.
Good luck with that,
Larry C. Luna

Kirsi H. November 24, 2014 at 3:40 am

even we get the season 2 to Finland at the beginning of next year I am very sorry to hear that there won´t be season 3 at all. I do hope it will continue.