Revolution: Cancelled by NBC, No Season Three

NBC Revolution ratingsHow times have changed. Last year, Revolution looked like it was the big hit of the 2012-13 season. Now, NBC has cancelled it, according to TV Guide.

Revolution revolves around the Matheson family and others who live in a world where there is no longer any power. The cast includes Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Giancarlo Esposito, Zak Orth, David Lyons, JD Pardo, Stephen Collins, and Elizabeth Mitchell.

Following The Voice, Revolution started out very strong last year but the numbers fell as the season progressed. NBC renewed it for a full season off 22 episodes anyway and relocated it to Wednesdays at 8pm. It’s really struggled in that timeslot and this week fell to a 1.2 demo rating with 3.78 million viewers — an all-time low.

Not surprisingly, NBC has decided not to order a third season. There are two installments remaining and they will air on May 14th and May 21st. The final episode of ABC’s Mixology will also air on the latter date.

What do you think? Did you stick with Revoluton? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled the show or renewed it for a third season?

Emily Batchelor May 9, 2014 at 6:24 pm

I will no longer watch NBC,every time I get interested in a show you cancel it…You have made a really bad mistake cancelling Revolution.It was a wonderful show and people wanted to see it,first you screwed them by moving there day so of course the ratings would drop because most people are at church at that time…THINK PEOPLE…What is wrong with all of you…I am so upset and disgusted with NBC I cant hardly stand it…All the Actors are wonderful and the plot of the show was great…Ya’ll totally screwed up..AGAIN !!!

Amanda C May 9, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Noooooo!! This is the worst news ever. I absolutely love this show. The time slot it was moved to from last season hurt this show’s chance so bad. Plus throw in the fact that there are breaks in the broadcasting. This show didn’t even have a fair chance!!
I hope another network picks it up and proves to NBC that they lost money for dropping this show. So mad right now :(

James May 9, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Total and utter bull shit, this was a great series with even greater potential! NBC I think you have made a very big mistake and by the looks of things so do many others!

Hawk 7426 May 9, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Once again NBC has pulled the plug on a great show. I’m done watching anything new on this network. I refused to get involved in another show that NBC puts on, just to get disappointed again.

Kim May 9, 2014 at 4:36 pm

I love this show. It has become one of my all-time favorites. I mean, NBC is surprised that ratings have dropped?! Half the time, people don’t know if and when the show is airing, because they kept putting it on prolonged hiatuses. They also never should have messed with the time slot. The show was doing so well where it was originally. This show is too GOOD not to be given another chance. Many so-called “hits” took a few seasons to find their stride, and I think the same would be the case with Revolution…if it were to be treated fairly by the network. I hope NBC reconsiders, and if not, I hope another network picks it up. And really, what a slap in the face to fans who have been loyal to the show – to leave us with no concrete resolution. They may wrap up part of this season’s story line, but there will be so much left unanswered, I am sure.

Ellen May 9, 2014 at 4:31 pm

This show should have and could have been great. I stopped watching after the first few episodes.

Yorkie. May 9, 2014 at 4:31 pm

A sad day. (From England). Will be missed

Roman Darien May 9, 2014 at 4:23 pm

NBC, You’re kidding, right? Cancel “Revolution”? So how does the story end? Will it be open resolution & viewers can figure it out any way we want?
There are shows I’d like to see cancelled…none currently on NBC, however. One show that could be cancelled at CBS for my money would be “Elementary”. The characters mumble & they can’t be understood (bring back “Vegas”, CBS! That was a good show).
There’s zero network primetime on Thursday nights. “Black Box”? Oh, Plu-ee-ze!!
To cancel “Revolution” is a bad idea!!!!!

jennifer May 9, 2014 at 4:08 pm

This is such bullcrap!! I love this show. I have watched every episode. Please stop cancelling the good shows and keeping the crap.

Ah Crap May 9, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Lets everyone send NBC guitar picks (worked for Jericho) so that they will at least bring it back long enough to give us a conclusion. It’s rude not to end a story properly.

William Schroedter May 9, 2014 at 3:54 pm

How do they know how many or who is watching any show? A sampling of a comparitivly few people can’t possibly determine how many people are actually watching or recording a show. This is just one of many shows cancelled that people like.

Sue May 9, 2014 at 7:27 pm

I agree with you. I do not know how they know who is watching what. They should go to Facebook and see the following this show has on it. I Hate NBC now. They can Fuxxoff.

Nikolett May 9, 2014 at 3:29 pm

that’s the fourth show i love and have been watching since the first episode that got cancelled. great. THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVOURITE TV SHOWS!

carol gelfand May 9, 2014 at 3:07 pm

i like this show and never miss an episode. every show i like is being cancelled. at this point i really don’t think i will invest anymore time in new shows. the shows are being cancelled by tv executives that probably don’t even know how to write cursive and don’t have a clue about what is a good show or not. also the demographics they are aiming for don’t even watch tv. they are much too busy taking selfies

Jane May 9, 2014 at 3:00 pm

I have been watching since it first aired. Please let us have another season! Almost four million viewers and that’s not good? Don’t let us down!

Cassandra May 9, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Bull crap. I love this show. Networks are to worried about money instead viewers. I’m disgusted