Revolution: Cancelled by NBC, No Season Three

NBC Revolution ratingsHow times have changed. Last year, Revolution looked like it was the big hit of the 2012-13 season. Now, NBC has cancelled it, according to TV Guide.

Revolution revolves around the Matheson family and others who live in a world where there is no longer any power. The cast includes Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Giancarlo Esposito, Zak Orth, David Lyons, JD Pardo, Stephen Collins, and Elizabeth Mitchell.

Following The Voice, Revolution started out very strong last year but the numbers fell as the season progressed. NBC renewed it for a full season off 22 episodes anyway and relocated it to Wednesdays at 8pm. It’s really struggled in that timeslot and this week fell to a 1.2 demo rating with 3.78 million viewers — an all-time low.

Not surprisingly, NBC has decided not to order a third season. There are two installments remaining and they will air on May 14th and May 21st. The final episode of ABC’s Mixology will also air on the latter date.

What do you think? Did you stick with Revoluton? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled the show or renewed it for a third season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

884 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Rita says

Revolution was the only TV show I looked forward to watching, sad to see it that it wasn’t renewed. I will now boycott NBC, will never watch another program on that network.

2. Chris says

My husband and I are so angry that they cancelled this show!!!! It was our favorite popcorn night, on the couch, glued to the TV, sound system on volume 50 show!!!! I DON’T UNDERSTAND HOW THEY CAN DO THIS TO PEOPLE!! We get involved and invested in the characters and the story line and then BLAM we get a two by four to the head and we can’t figure out what the heck has happened. Only 2 episodes left and they better have some sort of conclusion!!!! I don’t want to fee like we have wasted our time. I am SO DISAPPOINTED with NBC and as some else said…….NBC SUCKS!!!! Some other network needs to pick this one up and finish it off right!!!

3. says

Infantile Network execs, cannot make a solid decision these days, at all. They killed this one with their own failure to schedule it with any degree of continuity. Netflix or Hulu or Amazon one should pick this up and fund it. The Networks must be producing content, airing it to market it, and the new business plan is to sell the content to the Netflix’s of the world. Otherwise, nothing they are doing right now makes any sense. The irrationality of their decisions reflects their desperate and precarious circumstances – they are about to go the way of the dinosaurs. Goodbye, good riddance, tell the record label execs FU for me when you see them in hell.

4. Anonymous says

Don’t cancel Revolution…This is one of my favorite shows.. Tired of loosing shows I look forward to seeing each week.

5. Beth says

I liked it the first season, but I’ve slowly lost interest in the second season. Charlie’s character changed too much, the plot seemed floundering, they killed off characters I liked, etc.

6. Phil T says

I agree with all those that love Revolution.. I eagerly awaited each weeks episode..I will not be watching the other crap that replaces it.. I will go to other shows on ABC, CBS, etc..NBC has failed me!!!! Maybe another local channel like CW will pick them up…….

7. Robert says

Revolution is a great show, it was very original and very realistic. Why move a show that is getting high ratings to a time spot that, is the hardest to compete. The scheduler’s at NBC are to blame. NBC set Revolution up to fail, by airing the show at the same time as Survivor and American Idol. NBC should have put one of their Law & Order shows in that spot and left Revolution alone. Maybe NBC will bring Revolution back next year as Law & Order: Revolution and give Miles and Monroe badges. I just hope that the writers don’t screw up the last two episode so bad, that another network will not pick Revolution up. Have hope people, Cougar Town was picked up by TBS so anything is possible. Final thought: Everybody hates cops, so why do they watch the shows…….

• gail says

Don’t cancel Revolution it is the best show in t v. If it isn’t doing well it is because it is on too early for children to see and a bad night to much competition. Pleas don’t cancel Revolution. Just move it to a night with less competition and later as I said before.

8. Peggy says

Another show with no finale…why should anyone get hooked on any show anymore?
    This was a good show and the move cost it it’s renewal…now I’m afraid the same thing will happen to another great show Blacklist!

9. john boor says

no wonder nbc (note the lower case) is at the bottom of the ratings list. With the clowns at 30 rockhead running things what else can you expect. This is the network that has Matt Lauer and that donkey (no profanity here) on Meet The Press. Bad move now I only have The blacklist to watch on nbc.

10. fan says

I think it was a great show. People do not realize that could happen n the real world look how crazy it is now