Revolution: Cancelled by NBC, No Season Three

NBC Revolution ratingsHow times have changed. Last year, Revolution looked like it was the big hit of the 2012-13 season. Now, NBC has cancelled it, according to TV Guide.

Revolution revolves around the Matheson family and others who live in a world where there is no longer any power. The cast includes Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Giancarlo Esposito, Zak Orth, David Lyons, JD Pardo, Stephen Collins, and Elizabeth Mitchell.

Following The Voice, Revolution started out very strong last year but the numbers fell as the season progressed. NBC renewed it for a full season off 22 episodes anyway and relocated it to Wednesdays at 8pm. It’s really struggled in that timeslot and this week fell to a 1.2 demo rating with 3.78 million viewers — an all-time low.

Not surprisingly, NBC has decided not to order a third season. There are two installments remaining and they will air on May 14th and May 21st. The final episode of ABC’s Mixology will also air on the latter date.

What do you think? Did you stick with Revoluton? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled the show or renewed it for a third season?

Mike Van Hosen May 14, 2014 at 11:30 pm

Why are you dropping one of the best shows not only on NBC, but on any network?

Grimm is excellent too, glad your company is wisely keeping it!

Revolution is incredibly well done, very human, very real.

Quite frankly it’s scary how close hhumanity would likely react and how society as we know would degrade.

I cannot imagine at the same time the optimism and hope for the world to quit spiraling downward and finally right itself. These characters are the hope!

The possibilities are endless and the storyline and character development Eric Kripke/JJ Abrams have written and their whole team has created, are amazing!

I think an awful lot of people will be sad and disappointed.

Just remember Star Trek was cancelled…..watching the original 60s versions, were hoaky sets, almost 0 special effects (Revolution has pulled this off almost as well) but what happened? Story kept evolving along with the characters. Star Trek impacted generations and still is.

NBC sadly canceled Journeyman a few years back during the writers strike….they did an outstanding job, but then we never got to see how many people Dan was able to save or steer back on track.

Miles, Aaron, Rachel, Charlie….they are the Revolution world’s saviors…..

Please please please reconsider!

My wife (and our 17 year old son) look forward to Revolution each week, please don’t take away the world we and millions of others enjoy so much.

I have to say the crazy weird “seasons” that are so short, throws off people and they lose track of the previous season.

NBC you’re quitting too soon! Move it to Friday or Saturday and watch ratings and numbers increase massively!

Mike Van Hosen

Maritza May 14, 2014 at 11:26 pm

Best show ever bad bad bad tv station boo 100 times

Kevin May 14, 2014 at 11:23 pm

Why would the number 1 rated show on NBC last year be moved from their original time slot. Add 1 more idiotic decision by the network execs.

Audralynuler May 14, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Come on, NBC! This is a GREAT show! Are ya kidding?!

kim May 14, 2014 at 11:06 pm

If I were nbc… i wouldn’t be so stupid to let a great show fail because they take it off air for months and months… and months. Sadly people forget where the hell the show was and lose interest. It’s a damn good show… A shame another network doesn’t pick it up.

Deej May 14, 2014 at 10:47 pm

CANNOT BELIEVE they are canceling one of the best shows on TV!!! Would be so awesome if another station would pick it up and continue filming. NBC is crazy stupid for canceling such a great show!!! Everyone I know watches it.

Denise May 14, 2014 at 9:59 pm

I watch no regular tv station shoes except for Revolution. Very disappointed. Back to cable.

sharon May 14, 2014 at 9:48 pm

I am so angry that they are taking off Revolution! I have been a fan from the start and when they announced series finale I really got upset. This is the only show I even watch on NBC, so rejoice dumbasses you just lost 2 viewers! I could not wait till Wednesday night to watch Miles, charlie and Monroe plus the other cast members I hope another network picks it up and you idiots live to regret canceling Revolution!!!!!!!

Michelle May 14, 2014 at 9:44 pm

Honestly, this is crap. I LOVE this show. Putting it against a mega show like Survivor mid week in a time slot that lets some kids see it was stupid. This show would have done better at a 9 or 10pm est slot. Less kids watching, more parents into it. UGH so few good shows and now the loss of this NBC is going to loose a lot more if they keep this up.

Anonymous May 14, 2014 at 9:34 pm

So sad to see it end!

Rufochingkiddingme May 14, 2014 at 9:32 pm

REALLY ??? I HOPE U INBREDDED MAGGOTS AT NO BODY CARES (NBC) ALL DROPPED DEAD .YOU MORONS DONT KNOW CRAP STILL THERE WAS ALMOST (4) FOUR MILLION PEOPLE WATCHING THIS GREAT SHOW EVERY WEEK AND THATS NOT COUNTING DVR FIGURES SET BY PROBABLY ANOTHER 2 MILLION PEOPLE .WHAT KIND ASSSSHOLES RU ALL .YOU HAVE PULLED THIS SHIIITTT EVERY YEAR WITH COUNTLESS OF OTHER GREAT SHOWS U KILLED .AND OF ALL OF THEM THE ONLY ONE THAT WAS AN ASTOUNDING SUCCESS AFTER U HAD IT ON FR ONE YEAR THEN CANCELLED IT .WAS THE SHOW JAG IN WHICH CBS ( BY THE WAY THE NUMBER ONE NETWORK) REAPED THE REWARDS OF PICKING IT AND DONALD P. BELLARIUS PRODUCTIONS CO UP AND BLESSED THEMSELVES WITH NCIS AND NCIS LOS ANGELES AS SPIN OFFS AS RESULT OF JAG AND STILL KICKING YOUR ASSSES TO THIS TODAY SINCE THEY ARE STILL ON TV .SO TO THE HNIC (CEO) AT NO BODY CARES NETWORK (NBC) YOU BETTER START LOOKING FOR A NEW JOB IN SOUTH BEACH AS A DRAG QUEEN . BECAUSE ITS OBIVIOUS YOU LIKE FOCHING THE PEOPLE IN THE ASSSS . YOU MUTT

Patricia Murray May 14, 2014 at 9:31 pm

I LOVE THIS FRIGGIN SHOW!!! I have not missed an episode since it first aired last year. First of all NBC should not have moved it to Wednesday Nights they should have left it on Mondays moved the Blacklist up to 9est/8cst and let it lead in to Revolution. Make the voice a 1 hour show cause really I am sick of all this talent shows on TV. The Voice, American Idol, America’s Got Talent, The X Factor its all over rated now, so they could cut that show to an hours and left Revolution on Mondays. Just when it is really starting to get good, they want to cancel it. I say lets start an online petition to bring it back ! They keep all of these stupid so called reality shows on TV and get rid of really good acting shows. I dont get it, I just don’t get it!

Deej May 14, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Totally agree! SICK SICK SICK of reality TV crap!!!

DSM May 14, 2014 at 11:22 pm

Agree!!!!! So over reality show. It’s your fault – NBC – that you moved Revolution to a sucky time slot. Get a friggin’ clue!!! Who’s running your scheduling anyway? Fire them! Get in touch with your audience reality and give us what we want – not what you “think” we want.

Fonda May 15, 2014 at 12:16 am

Thank you for saying everything I wanted to!

branden shepherd May 15, 2014 at 1:43 am

This is a bad decision and business move. This is a great show. My wife and I look forward to it weekly because of the great action and drama. We love the show.
I can’t believe that there was a sudden cancellation. Obviously NBC doesn’t consider the time of year with all the sports. This happens to a lot of shows during this time of year and networks cancel. Hey guess what networks it’s called planning.
I really hope NBC reconsiders or another network picks up, because honestly we just watched last week’s episode and this week’s because we are obsessed.
Please reconsider.

branden shepherd May 15, 2014 at 1:53 am

I agree all reality shows are the same but let’s continue to entertain teenagers with the bachelor and the same inner circle with survivor and 29 judge changes on American idol. This show was just getting really really good. I’ve watched from day 1 and have loved it. I got my wife hooked this season as well as my brothers. NBC execs don’t understand consumers in 21st century. It’s a fast paced world with dvr. People may not here about a show for a few seasons but it takes that one person to get their friend hooked. For example I started “Lost” in season 3, “Entourage” in season 3, “True blood” season 2 and that’s because someone told me. I mean crap I started watching “the walking dead” season 2. People these days don’t have time and may be disconnected but when they hear about Revolution they get hooked and set it on dvr. # c’monNBC be smart

ChiTownFan May 14, 2014 at 9:14 pm

This is the only show I watch on NBC. So disappointed!!! I will miss the characters ….especially Sebastian. Bad call NBC!

Dan Sorbie May 14, 2014 at 7:53 pm

One of the better shows on tv. Can we start a petition to save it?

branden shepherd May 15, 2014 at 1:44 am

I think we should…because this is ridiculous

Roger May 14, 2014 at 4:46 pm

Boooooo! Another great shows bites the dust at the hands of single-digit IQ TV executives. TV will die at the hands of these morons.

Patricia Murray May 14, 2014 at 9:33 pm