Revolution: Cancelled by NBC, No Season Three

NBC Revolution ratingsHow times have changed. Last year, Revolution looked like it was the big hit of the 2012-13 season. Now, NBC has cancelled it, according to TV Guide.

Revolution revolves around the Matheson family and others who live in a world where there is no longer any power. The cast includes Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Giancarlo Esposito, Zak Orth, David Lyons, JD Pardo, Stephen Collins, and Elizabeth Mitchell.

Following The Voice, Revolution started out very strong last year but the numbers fell as the season progressed. NBC renewed it for a full season off 22 episodes anyway and relocated it to Wednesdays at 8pm. It’s really struggled in that timeslot and this week fell to a 1.2 demo rating with 3.78 million viewers — an all-time low.

Not surprisingly, NBC has decided not to order a third season. There are two installments remaining and they will air on May 14th and May 21st. The final episode of ABC’s Mixology will also air on the latter date.

What do you think? Did you stick with Revoluton? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled the show or renewed it for a third season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

893 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. FirstDracNowRev says

First Dracula, now revolution? If your original intent was to lose a giant fan-base, mission accomplished NBC, you’ve done it again! Never again NBC, even if it looks like the best show anyone could ever watch, in the history of film making; nope. Never.

2. Linda says

I can’t believe you cancelled this show. I watch it weekly and it is a very good show. Please consider re-instating it.

3. Divergent says

Really disappointed to wake up this morning and hear the news that you have cancelled an awesome show… I was only a few hours ago trying to obtain the release date of when the DVD set of season 2 would be released to add to my collection… NBC this show was a winner! Time to rethink your decision to cancel this program as there were many loyal fans out there and also people overseas waiting for second season to be aired… Really disappointing when you start watching a tv series only to have it pulled halfway through a series with NO closure :( :( :( Those with the power I hope you take note of the feedback and reconsider your decision to cancel this show!

4. Kathleen says

How can NBC cancel a show without letting the series come to an actual end? They at least should have a few more episodes that gives the loyal fans of the show some closure. With a show like Revolution that was constantly revolving how can they end the show without actually ending it???? NBC thought the ratings were low for Revolution since they moved to a new time slot, just wait till NBC sees how much their ratings can drop by letting down a lot of their loyal viewers. The smart move would have been to move the show back to a better time slot to see if that was the problem. I never really comment on anything like this, but this was a very stupid move on NBC’s part.

5. Sebastian Monroe says

Not good news at All! I will definitely be mobilising the Monroe Militia to march for NBC !

As a fan of the show NBC killed this show on purpose with dodgy time slots and huge gaps between episodes! At the end they are to blame!

I just hope another network picks up the rights to the show!

• Darren Wong says

NBC sucks…..I am not watching this station anymore. Revolution was a winner in many ways, excellent storytelling and superb actors. Shame on you NBC…you conspired to kill off the show by moving it to a Wednesday timeslot and making it take huge breaks…..as many have said you have commited a cardinal sin by not given the fans closure…come on Monroe militia lets boycott NBC and see how they like that!!!!

6. Chuck Lewis says

The suits at NBC killed this show by mucking with the schedule. Ticks me off that, once again, I’ve invested in a series with no closure. If NBC had any hair they’d move this to the WWE Smackdown Channel aka the SYFY channel. My thanks to the cast & crew. Sorry y’all were screwed by idiots posing as morons. One last thing…I hope Kimmel kicks Fallon’s teeth in. We love you Jay!

7. says

With regards to cancelling Revolution.
    I am so upset over this. This is an awesome show and I have watched from the very beginning.
    lf this is how NBC wants to treat its viewers then, I am never going to trust anything you put on TV again, why should I waste my time watching something you put out there knowing you will drop it with out any concern for the viewers.
    Maybe another smart network will pick it up. I will never trust NBC or any other network as far as that goes again. At least AMC lets shows finish cleanly.
    The big networks don’t care anything about the viewers

8. chris says

My belief is that changing the time slot, and/or waiting
    Two weeks or more between episodes, at times, helped
    cancel the series!!!
    Shame on you……needless to say I, too, am very upset about the cancellation. Two others were cancelled, that were new this season (Believe and Crisis), and not given a chance….good shows, too!!!

9. Margaret Sampon says

I can’t believe you cancelled the only great show on NBC. You kept that stupid SUV show with the cow., Hagerty. I will never watch NBC again. I hope NBC goes bankrupt! I hope all your other stupid shows loose their sponsers. First Jay Leno, now Revolution!!!! You people are STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!!!!!!

10. Douglas says

I’m a huge fan of Revolution. I’m upset that it wasn’t renewed and we are all left to wonder how this story would have resolved. But let’s face it, we all wanted to see the lights turned back on permanently. We wanted to see how this new world would have adapted back to electricity after having been without it for so long. But once they started with the nano we started getting into midi-chlorian-ville. That would have been ok, but Aaron started having Matrix like fever dreams and so on. They got lost in the details and forgot that we all agreed to allow our disbelief to be suspended when we tuned in to watch a show about a world with no electricity. I hope the writers will at least YouTube their ideas for how they would like to have wrapped it all up in the end.

11. Sue says

No, what are you? Out of your ******* minds? I am pisssssst. No more NBC for me. You are so stupid to cancel the best show that has been on TV. Don’t you read these comments? Stupid ass holes. I normally do not swear, but you make me really mad.

12. Amcthered says

Have watched this in the UK from the start. Loved it from start. Have started to check viewing figures for new shows now so as not to waste my time anymore. It’s becoming a bit of a joke now, don’t know why UK channels bother to buy unless it is guaranteed for more than one season. Waste of time and money.

13. Martha says

Noooooooo!!!!!!!! I can not believe NBC is doing this. I am so mad that I am not going to watch any other serie on NBC. Once shame in you twice shame on me.