Revolution: Cancelled by NBC, No Season Three

NBC Revolution ratingsHow times have changed. Last year, Revolution looked like it was the big hit of the 2012-13 season. Now, NBC has cancelled it, according to TV Guide.

Revolution revolves around the Matheson family and others who live in a world where there is no longer any power. The cast includes Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Giancarlo Esposito, Zak Orth, David Lyons, JD Pardo, Stephen Collins, and Elizabeth Mitchell.

Following The Voice, Revolution started out very strong last year but the numbers fell as the season progressed. NBC renewed it for a full season off 22 episodes anyway and relocated it to Wednesdays at 8pm. It’s really struggled in that timeslot and this week fell to a 1.2 demo rating with 3.78 million viewers — an all-time low.

Not surprisingly, NBC has decided not to order a third season. There are two installments remaining and they will air on May 14th and May 21st. The final episode of ABC’s Mixology will also air on the latter date.

What do you think? Did you stick with Revoluton? If you ran the network, would you have cancelled the show or renewed it for a third season?

Revolution NBC May 10, 2014 at 2:41 pm

I am furious with NBC. Finally a show that is not a sophomoric comedy where everyone is an idiot or another retread of a idiotic reality show. The show had character, and even a little political commentary. The show was just starting to come into itself. With such quality shows that NBC is putting together anymore, I am sure the will just remake another version of Law and Order. I am done with NBC.

Anonymous May 10, 2014 at 2:38 pm

I will definitely miss watching Revolution that is my husband and I’s favorite show!

bill May 10, 2014 at 2:12 pm

once again the American populice shows it true mindless self, numbers do not lie People prefer veiwing mindless junk over something of interest I gather a full scale on going plot is too much for them to follow or at least it would seem those that watch NBC have this problem

Leonard May 10, 2014 at 2:03 pm

Not surprised. Moving it was a death sentence. More of a nail in the coffin was the fact that NBC would preempt Revolution for whatever program they feel like showing. It’s wishful thinking that another network pick Revolution up, but it’s unlikely. TNT has it’s own post apocalyptic show in Falling Skies, and NBCUniversal owns USA Network and SyFy, so that ain’t happening. It’s unlikely that A&E would pick it up. I don’t know who Bad Robot Productions and Warner Bros. Television could shop it to, so it’s dead. Too bad. Great cast, great stories, and would have been interesting to see where it would have gone.

April Spaniol May 10, 2014 at 1:49 pm

I don’t know how it all works but why is 3.78 million people watching something not enough?

April Spaniol May 10, 2014 at 1:45 pm

Definitely renewed it. I look forward to it every week. Hope another network picks it up!

Anonymous May 10, 2014 at 1:44 pm

NBC won’t get my company’s advertising dollars anymore

Lorne Michaels May 10, 2014 at 1:11 pm

They cancel shows that are interesting and replace them with GARBAGE like the Amazing Race, Survivor, Bachelor, Bachelorette, American Idol, Real Housewives, Undercover Boss, Exteme Makeover Home addition, etc.

Try shows instead of this reality garbage.

Chris May 10, 2014 at 12:37 pm

This is ridiculous, Revolution was one of my favorite shows. I made sure that I never missed an episode, even if I had to DVR it. This sucks that NBC is cancelling this show and its newer shows that I liked, now I’m going to have to be forced to watch more Bachelor type shows or Big Brother type shows which are all a disgustingly pitiful waste of film and time. I’m afraid to see what other crap they are going to put on the air. Enough with these so called “reality tv” shows, they are painful to watch and insulting to the american public. It’s no wonder we are the most uneducated industrialized country in the world.

Vivienne May 10, 2014 at 12:03 pm

This was our favourite show. It seems at the moment America is cancelling more shows than renewing them and they never finish them off just leave you not knowing!!!!

Anonymous May 10, 2014 at 11:07 am

Very dispointed

James Cohee May 10, 2014 at 10:43 am

I am really disappointed that NBC is cancelling Revolution. It is one of the best TV series I have ever got involved in. Just shows that when NBC moved it to a new time slot, they killed it. Had they left it alone, it would still have the audience it needed to be renewed.

Anonymous May 10, 2014 at 10:39 am

Should not have cancelled! It showed more promise than any other show on air. Had great actors as well. Highly disappointed will stop watching NBC all together, especially since it seems to cancel the best of the shows.

erin May 10, 2014 at 10:28 am

U should have not cancelled revolution it was mine and my husband’s favorite show. We are very disappointed.

Cheryl May 10, 2014 at 10:10 am

Again disappointment with the ‘big’ networks. Someone there must start reading comments!!!