Revolution: Quickly Cancelled or Big Hit?

NBC Revolution TV showEarlier this month, NBC released the first episode of Revolution online. They were likely hoping to give viewers a chance to sample the TV series early and get some positive “word of mouth” advertising going. Tonight, the peacock network is airing the pilot on regular television. Will the show be quickly cancelled, a moderate success, or a big hit in the ratings?

Revolution takes place 15 years after an unknown phenomenon disabled all advanced technology and powered devices on the planet. People are forced to adapt and rebuild and, not surprisingly, the world becomes a very different place. Members of the Matheson family seem to have some answers as to what happened and how power might be returned.

The TV show’s cast includes Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Anna Lise Phillips, Graham Rogers, JD Pardo, Zak Orth, Maria Howell, David Lyons, Giancarlo Esposito, Tim Guinee, Elizabeth Mitchell, Derek Webster, and Daniella Alonso.

Once the other networks have their shows in place, Revolution will be airing opposite ABC’s Castle and Hawaii Five-0 on CBS. NBC has ordered 13 episodes of Revolution to start.

Before you share your opinion below, here are some previews and the full pilot:

So, what do you think? Does Revolution look like a hit or a candidate for quick cancellation? Will you tune in, DVR the show, or skip it altogether? Do you think previewing and releasing the first episode online will help or hurt the show’s ratings?

Michael April 12, 2013 at 1:51 pm

The Event was a much better show than this. Stupid NBC!!!

David Baker February 24, 2013 at 11:37 pm

As I endured the first commercial advertising this series, it was apparent that yet another bossy female was being introduced into the already saturated market for that character-type. Once this woman started to speak, I decided to not subject myself to her churlish, unrealistic behavior. Television has become preachy, propaganda-ridden and unabashedly liberal in it’s content. Despite improvements in the general quality of the video presentation, the acting, scripting and condescension which passes for drama and sitcom characterizations and demeanor drag down what could be acceptable entertainment fare. There is a valid reason why many shows are pulled from the lineup so quickly in this era: Because there is still a considerable number of men in the demographic who will not watch them.

Jim Graham February 11, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Great show–for those who say it is not realistic–it’s called ENTERTAINMENT!! Use your noggin’ for a little imagination. It would be a travesty to cancel this one!!

m a s February 4, 2013 at 7:50 pm

good show, writing not keeping up with the plot. it is like they started with a good idea but don’t know where to take it next. i hope they can get it together in time to save the show!i enjoy watching.

Patty Barton January 28, 2013 at 11:55 pm

Love the show. Miss it during the break. It is a good reminder to have back up plans. Personally, NOT unrealistic.

Chenault Darien Lo January 28, 2013 at 7:02 pm

I have never watched this show for one reason : The premise is asinine ! Please; ALL the power in the world goes out and 15 years later,it’s still out ? ? ? What ? Did all the techies in the world die too ? Did all the books,on every scientific discovery in history also disappear ? Along with the “Power” did everybody who ever worked on any kind of technology,suddenly go brain dead ? ? ?
And this passes for good Writing ? ? ? OMG

LJ. January 7, 2013 at 7:08 pm

Please don’t cancel this show too. It seems like every time I invest my time in a show, it’s cancelled! My husband & I decided to get into the show, & are having fun watching it. It has some great actors in the mix. I know quite a few people who are waiting to continue watching. We’d like to know what happens!

Someoone December 9, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Its The Best Show Ever

The Lunatic Spinster December 4, 2012 at 12:42 am

In this day of “reality TV,” NBC’s “Revolution” is too unrealistic. I just can’t watch it anymore, and I hope it’s cancelled. Poor acting. Pitiful writing. Not worth my TV-watching time.

jay marshall November 22, 2012 at 12:04 pm

Revolution would be sooo much better if the chick that plays Charlie could actually act! The other actors are watchable, they just need a better script. I won’t be watching it anymore.

Donna Erlandson November 27, 2012 at 9:55 pm

The best show ever. I record it and watch every show. It has to continue

Anonymous November 22, 2012 at 11:25 am

Shut the heck up! THIS SHOW IS AWESOME!!!!!!

Ripsnick November 21, 2012 at 7:13 pm

Revolution is one of two of the best shows out there right now. I have not missed a second and can’t wait until the next Monday. It’s on late so I record it and watch it Tuesday after work. The best part is that Revolution air during the off season of my other favorite show. I hope, hope, hope, you don’t cancel!!!!!

TIMMAH! November 14, 2012 at 4:25 pm

First off the show is incredibly boring.
Second they throw all laws of science out the window really in 4 weeks I could have a steam generator just scrapping house hold parts
third the acting is the worst ever I mean a highschool theater student could do better acting
please do the world a favor and cancel this show

Donna Klenovich November 10, 2012 at 11:02 pm

I love the show and I am keeping my fingers crossed that they renew it. I haven’t missed an episode and look forward to every Monday night.

BL November 2, 2012 at 1:15 pm

SO DUMB. THIS IS ALL UNREALISTIC STORY LINES AND NOTHING ABOUT REAL SURVIVAL. IN ORDER FOR ME TO KEEP TUNING IN, THEN THE ACTING AND THE TIMING OF THE ACTING NEED TO IMPROVE. AS WELL AS WRITE ABOUT REAL SURVIVAL METHODS AND TECHNIQUES. YOU KNOW… PRETEND THAT YOU’RE WRITING AND ACTING FOR A BUNCH OF PEOPLE THAT ARE SMARTER THAN THE AVERAGE BEAR. GOODLUCK.

Robert March 20, 2013 at 6:49 pm

I love this show best in a long time big mistake to cancel.