Revolution

Revolution TV series on NBCNetwork: NBC
Episodes: 42 (hour)
Seasons: Two

TV show dates: September 17, 2012 – May 21, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Anna Lise Phillips, Graham Rogers, JD Pardo, Zak Orth, Maria Howell, David Lyons, Giancarlo Esposito, Tim Guinee, Elizabeth Mitchell, Derek Webster, and Daniella Alonso.

current TV show

TV show description:
This dramatic science-fiction TV series explores the question “What would you do without it all?” A family struggles to reunite in an American landscape where every single piece of technology — computers, refrigerators, air conditioners, planes, cars, phones, lights — has mysteriously stopped working. Electrical power has simply gone away. The show also revolves around the idea of family — both the family you’re born into and the family you choose.

Charlie Matheson (Tracy Spiridakos) is the headstrong, curious and daring daughter of Rachel (Elizabeth Mitchell) and Ben Matheson (Tim Guinee). Ben is hiding a mysterious secret about the blackout. Maggie (Anna Lise Phillips), a medical doctor, became involved with him following his wife’s death.

When Charlie’s younger and thoughtful brother, Danny (Graham Rogers), is kidnapped by militia leaders, she must reconnect with her estranged uncle Miles Matheson (Billy Burke), a former US Marine and warrior who’s living as a recluse.

Together, with a rogue band of survivors, they set out to rescue Danny, overthrow the militia and ultimately re-establish the United States of America. All the while, they explore the enduring mystery of why the power failed and how or if it will ever return.

The rebel group includes fighter Nora (Daniella Alonso); General “Bass” Monroe (David Lyons), a former Marine who served alongside Miles; and Aaron (Zak Orth), a former Google executive and a computer genius who’s ill-prepared for the rigors of the technology-less world.

Captain Tom Neville (Giancarlo Esposito), a cultured former insurance adjuster turned Monroe Republic leader and Nate Walker (JD Pardo) is a member of the militia who has conflicted feelings for Charlie.
space

Series Finale

Episode #42 — Declaration of Independence
Miles (Billy Burke), Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos) and Monroe (David Lyons) launch an attack on the Patriots, but must improvise a risky new plan in order to halt the oncoming war between California and Texas. Out for revenge, Neville (Giancarlo Esposito) sets his sights on President Davis (guest star Cotter Smith). Meanwhile, Aaron (Zak Orth) and Rachel’s (Elizabeth Mitchell) efforts to save Priscilla (guest star Maureen Sebastian) from the nano-tech has unexpected consequences.
First aired: May 21, 2014.

space

What do you think? Do you like the Revolution TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Jenn December 26, 2012 at 8:22 pm

The show would’ve been a lot better if they’d just gotten S.M. Stirling to agree to let them make a series out of his Change novels, starting with Dies the Fire. Seriously–if alien space bats are going to take away our toys, Stirling is the man to look to for the story and Dies the Fire is without peer in this category. I had high hopes for this show based on the early previews, only to find that they decided to pick and choose what was going to make ‘sense’ in this new world and what wasn’t, and it ends up as a jumbled, discordant mess.

John Siercks December 17, 2012 at 10:28 pm

I watched the show from the pilot to the last show aired. I was looking forward to more, but now I’ve heard the show has been cancelled. What a shame if it has. This show is one of the better ones and should be renewed.

Anna December 17, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Show is ok. Can NOT stand Charlie!! Want to just smack her every time she opens her snotty know-it-all mouth!

Justin December 28, 2012 at 8:31 pm

True. The girl can’t act, and the character is annoying.

starr December 14, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Please don’t cancel the show. I love it, I cant never wait till the next one shows. I wished it would play more then one time a week. It seems like all the good shows get canceled thats not fare to the veiwers that really get into them. I think this show is a really big hit and it should not been canceled at all please dont take it away please!!!

Gordon Brown December 13, 2012 at 10:16 pm

I have watched this show from it’s inception and think it is excellent. I’ve been waiting to see when it will resume and was shocked to see it was cancelled. Now I hear it has not been cancelled but have not heard when, if ever, it will resume. I really hope it will resume.

Carol December 11, 2012 at 6:10 pm

Really great show. I’m looking forward to the next season. My son-in-law really likes it too. It’s something different and if I can’t watch it, I record it for later.

Pauline December 9, 2012 at 9:14 pm

I have enjoyed revolution and would like for it to be continued.

aztecace December 6, 2012 at 6:58 am

I think the show is badly scripted, have to many throw away scenes, had to finally give up on it because of the holes in the storyline, could have been written way better.

Lindy December 4, 2012 at 8:45 pm

I love Revolution. Sci fi is my favorite subject. Love the people in the cast. It reminds me of armageddon….

ROBERT December 4, 2012 at 3:01 pm

IT IS AN EXCELLENT SERIES OF TV . MY FAMILY ENJOY THE SHOW ALLTHE TIME. YOU COULD NOT CANCEL THIS OUTANDING SERIES W THESE GOOD. . ACTORS. THANKS.

jake starling December 4, 2012 at 12:34 pm

The show needs more ethnicity. Also, there needs to be more plot than just the Militia against the rebels. The pendant thing is just not credible, and weren’t there originally supposed to be twelve of them? Electro-mechanical gear that has been mothballed for a number of years is very unlikely to be functional just because electricity has been restored. This is especially true for aircraft. Where is the renewable power capability by the way? Certainly solar panels would be operational after just 15 yrs. There are 1950s era solar panels on satellites in Earth orbit that are still operational. Batteries might be available and operational…That might be a problem after 15 yrs. Hopefully, if this show gets a 2nd season, it’ll have something more to offer than an ongoing conflict of rebels vs militia.

Lora December 3, 2012 at 7:58 pm

I enjoy the show very much, to the point I have recorded every show. I will probably watch re-runs when the show isn’t on. It has mystery, drama, substance, excitement and many other attributes! It is such a treat instead of ‘not-so-funny’ comedys and the typical crime dramas that are pretty much predictable–the villian is always caught and the good guys always figure out such. The way the world is and possibly going in an off-course direction, the show may not be that far fetched, expecially in an nuclear attack on the United States. I and many of my friends, a few with no computer access, enjoy the show very much and have hope it remains on TV for quite some time. Thanks

Lou Procacci December 3, 2012 at 4:59 pm

best of new shows! this stretches the imagination and there is plenty of action without the silliness of most episodic shows.
Actors are very good and the plots/episodes leave you wanting more!

WJC November 27, 2012 at 5:12 pm

I really like the show and would be disappointed if it were cancelled. I think it needs more time. I like the characters too.

Gilda November 27, 2012 at 2:06 am

I like it, and it has a little bit of everything, action, drama, good vs bad…