Revolution

Revolution TV series on NBCNetwork: NBC
Episodes: 42 (hour)
Seasons: Two

TV show dates: September 17, 2012 — May 21, 2014
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Billy Burke, Tracy Spiridakos, Anna Lise Phillips, Graham Rogers, JD Pardo, Zak Orth, Maria Howell, David Lyons, Giancarlo Esposito, Tim Guinee, Elizabeth Mitchell, Derek Webster, and Daniella Alonso.

current TV show

TV show description:
This dramatic science-fiction TV series explores the question “What would you do without it all?” A family struggles to reunite in an American landscape where every single piece of technology — computers, refrigerators, air conditioners, planes, cars, phones, lights — has mysteriously stopped working. Electrical power has simply gone away. The show also revolves around the idea of family — both the family you’re born into and the family you choose.

Charlie Matheson (Tracy Spiridakos) is the headstrong, curious and daring daughter of Rachel (Elizabeth Mitchell) and Ben Matheson (Tim Guinee). Ben is hiding a mysterious secret about the blackout. Maggie (Anna Lise Phillips), a medical doctor, became involved with him following his wife’s death.

When Charlie’s younger and thoughtful brother, Danny (Graham Rogers), is kidnapped by militia leaders, she must reconnect with her estranged uncle Miles Matheson (Billy Burke), a former US Marine and warrior who’s living as a recluse.

Together, with a rogue band of survivors, they set out to rescue Danny, overthrow the militia and ultimately re-establish the United States of America. All the while, they explore the enduring mystery of why the power failed and how or if it will ever return.

The rebel group includes fighter Nora (Daniella Alonso); General “Bass” Monroe (David Lyons), a former Marine who served alongside Miles; and Aaron (Zak Orth), a former Google executive and a computer genius who’s ill-prepared for the rigors of the technology-less world.

Captain Tom Neville (Giancarlo Esposito), a cultured former insurance adjuster turned Monroe Republic leader and Nate Walker (JD Pardo) is a member of the militia who has conflicted feelings for Charlie.
space

Series Finale

Episode #42 — Declaration of Independence
Miles (Billy Burke), Charlie (Tracy Spiridakos) and Monroe (David Lyons) launch an attack on the Patriots, but must improvise a risky new plan in order to halt the oncoming war between California and Texas. Out for revenge, Neville (Giancarlo Esposito) sets his sights on President Davis (guest star Cotter Smith). Meanwhile, Aaron (Zak Orth) and Rachel’s (Elizabeth Mitchell) efforts to save Priscilla (guest star Maureen Sebastian) from the nano-tech has unexpected consequences.
First aired: May 21, 2014.

space

What do you think? Do you like the Revolution TV series? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Jamie Warrner August 13, 2014 at 11:51 pm

I truly enjoyed this show. It was one of few I could get my husband to watch with me. PLEASE!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!!! Bring it back!! Why are soo many shows, not just with NBC, but TV wide, are they canceling good shows.

NBC,
How do expect us to become loyal followers if you keep canceling shows. This is the third one you have canceled that I watch on YOUR network. Believe, Dracula and now Revoltion. I may have to say, “I’m done. Why even bother watching your shows, get hooked and then you cancel it on me. I’m done.”

Len Monsey August 13, 2014 at 12:44 pm

Loved this show. PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!! One of the few series I really got in to watching. Next I will be hearing Under The Dome has been cancelled – go ahead and make my day worse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carroll Logue August 11, 2014 at 6:36 pm

I previously pleaded with the Network not to cancel this show. My wife & I found Revolution to be very entertaining, well written and just enjoyable to watch. I recorded the series, just in case I wasn’t able to watch it. This insured I did not miss any episodes. In my opinion by airing a few episodes, take a break & then start airing again is NO WAY to gain a loyal audience. Ratings aren’t everything but GOOD TV show are & this was one really good TV show.

Thirza August 10, 2014 at 8:35 pm

This was one of the few current shows that I have enjoyed watching. The only problem is the current practice of showing a few episodes, then waiting for weeks before showing a few more. It is hardly the way to build and keep an audience.

William A Thorman Jr August 10, 2014 at 10:34 pm

I agree totally that this modern idea of broadcasting a few episodes followed by a long hiatus and then a few more episodes broadcasted is a terrible way to develop a loyal following Revolution does have a good audience in spite of that practice. I wonder how much progress is being made awakening NBC or one of the other networks to the value of listening to us.

KJC3101 August 10, 2014 at 1:57 pm

Great Show, watched nearly every episode that was available. Wish the show could be brought back to out screens, even if it means new writers, directors or producers or whoever needs to do the work to make it happen, find them and get them on board. Such a shame that a good show comes to an end and reality shows bite back even though they are extremely boring.

Penny Dudley August 8, 2014 at 8:50 pm

Renew please!! Awesome show!!!!

William Wallice August 8, 2014 at 7:16 pm

The show is awesome! Find a way to keep it on! !!!

C. Johansen August 7, 2014 at 2:34 am

I have loved this show from the beginning. Why a show with excellent writers, actors and variety of scenery and story lines is canceled is beyond me. It was one of the few network shows I watched because the rest out there is crap. Reality shows are everywhere and I’m sick of it. If there is any chance of bringing this back I wish it would happen.

Vivian August 5, 2014 at 11:47 pm

Its not fair to end this great show, maybe the writers just couldn’t come up with a believable ending.

Richard August 5, 2014 at 6:59 pm

Another great show, that falled to the wayside. I felt the writing, and the acting was excellent. The story line had a variety of directions it could have gone, with very interesting reslults.

Jeanne Dommer August 5, 2014 at 4:16 pm

I love the show and to just end it leaving everyone hanging is just wrong! At the end of each show it left me wanting more and I could hardly wait for the next week’s show. What happens to Miles, Charlie and Bass when they went to kill the president? What about the town the nano’s take over? If your going to end it at lease give us one more season so we can have closure.

Elaine August 3, 2014 at 5:31 pm

There should be at least a few more episodes made to at least give us closure. I have seen a petition that had over 40,000 signatures to bring it back or beg another network to pick it up. That was over two months ago. Who knows how many more signatures are on it now. I believe this is a show that is worth saving. I wish I were a writer on this show. The ideas I have.

lynda August 3, 2014 at 4:03 pm

Bring it back, loved the show.. Tired of shows like duck and smo.

Liz Brock August 2, 2014 at 11:15 pm

I was shocked that Revolution was cancelled! It had unexpected plots and twists to the story line….we sci fi fans turned in weekly to your channel not sci fi. Plus you left us up in the air about the nano’s and what they were doing.

Too many shows about “reality”, zombies, teens, vampires…it was exciting, unexpected, appealed to kids and adults…Bring it back!!!

Connie adkins July 31, 2014 at 10:49 pm

This is one of my favorite shows. There wasn’t anything else like it . I’m very upset that it has been taken off the air. Then u leave it like that ,that was so unfair. We have enough cop shows on tv or reality shows. This was something totaly different and it was great. You should bring it back.