Ringer: Should It Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Ringer canceled or renewed?Tonight marks the last episode of Ringer’s first season — and likely of the TV series as well. Despite being The CW’s most anticipated new TV show of 2011-12, the series hasn’t been able to hold onto its audience.

Ringer revolves around a former exotic dancer named Bridget (Sarah Michelle Gellar) who, after being the sole witness to a professional hit, reunites with her wealthy estranged twin, Siobhan. When Siobhan disappears, Bridget assumes her identity and discovers that her sister’s complicated life rivals her own. The show also features the talents of Nestor Carbonell, Mike Colter, Ioan Gruffudd, Zoey Deutch, Tara Summers, and Kristoffer Polaha).

The series debuted to strong numbers (by CW standards anyway) with a 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.84 million total viewers. That was pretty close to being on par with the smallest network’s most popular show, The Vampire Diaries.

Should Ringer be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Unfortunately, the second episode of Ringer lost 25% in the demo and by the fourth installment, the series lost another 33%. Not good. It didn’t help that the network put the struggling series on hiatus for two months.

The ratings have fluctuated somewhat over the course of the season but have been trending downward overall. The most recent episodes of Ringer have been bringing in a 0.4 demo rating and just over a million total viewers. Even by The CW’s standards, those are very bad numbers.

While The CW gets revenue from other areas besides broadcast advertising — big deals from Netflix and Hulu, for example — the network still has to make choices about what to cancel and what to renew. If viewership of Ringer had been on the rise, it would have a chance at being renewed. As it stands now, it looks certain that tonight’s episode will be the last one.

But what do you think? Is it time for Ringer to be cancelled or should there be a second season?

Alexandra May 13, 2012 at 12:49 pm

PLEASE DON’T CANCEL IT!!!!! I have tried to watch MANY series and this is the ONLY one I kept on watching and I really love it!!!! A request from Barcelona.

Pirate May 13, 2012 at 10:30 am
Yvette Mays May 12, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Please don’t cancel Ringer I love the tv show. You have to bring season 2 of Ringer because for me I don’t watch tv that much only when Ringer tv show is on.

Sandra Knetig May 11, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Dont cancel ringer. If its gonna be cancelled at least finish the story and dont leave us hanging. thats whats wrong with all the networks now they start a show and leave it hanging. many people dont start to watch new shows bc of getting hooked to it just to have it dropped especially with the story left hanging

Sandra Rhodes May 11, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Please don’t cancel Ringer. I loved the show and watched every episode. You never knew what was going to happen or who did it. The writers are great. PLEASE, PLEASE DON’T CANCEL.

Lacey May 11, 2012 at 1:51 pm

RINGER IS AMAZING! Ringer is one of only two shows that the CW currently airs that is worth watching!!

Anonymous May 10, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Ringer is awesome

Sarah George May 9, 2012 at 7:59 pm

I definitely think ringer should come back on, it’s amazing!!!! Sarah Michelle Geller did a great job on the show. I have been following her since All my Children so I’m a huge fan.

Jean May 9, 2012 at 9:07 am

I’m in my 60’s and I just love the show, I really hope you renew it for more seasons !

Anonymous May 8, 2012 at 4:38 am

Should differently be a second season. Great show, can’t just leave it like that :(

Al V anderwall May 7, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Honestly, given the shows’ time-slot and the very nature of the show (somewhat complex, hard to pick up from the middle~), it’s doing well. Ringer’s massively popular online and via other “convenience” viewing methods (sitting down in front of the tv is hard to do nowadays — who has the time?) and it’ll do great with DVD/digital sales. It’s already been picked up by several international stations, and has to be doing better than both Nikita and Hart of Dixie when those things are taken into consideration. Cancel those shit shows and keep Ringer on the air. My future wife (sorry Freddie!) Sarah Michelle Gellar and I thank you.

estila May 6, 2012 at 5:06 am

Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,Renewed,. I LOVE RINGER!! THE BEST!

Anonymous May 5, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I really liked Ringer and wonder how the characters will play out with “Bridget” as “Bridget”. I’d like it to be renewed.

tony jemmott May 5, 2012 at 11:49 am

we have watched ringer from the begining, what a let down that there is no follw up. even just a few episodes to tie up those loose ends, you definetely need to do it.

Tiffany May 5, 2012 at 4:11 am

Ringer better be renewed, seriously there is nothing else on the CW that is worth watching.