Ringer: Should It Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Ringer canceled or renewed?Tonight marks the last episode of Ringer’s first season — and likely of the TV series as well. Despite being The CW’s most anticipated new TV show of 2011-12, the series hasn’t been able to hold onto its audience.

Ringer revolves around a former exotic dancer named Bridget (Sarah Michelle Gellar) who, after being the sole witness to a professional hit, reunites with her wealthy estranged twin, Siobhan. When Siobhan disappears, Bridget assumes her identity and discovers that her sister’s complicated life rivals her own. The show also features the talents of Nestor Carbonell, Mike Colter, Ioan Gruffudd, Zoey Deutch, Tara Summers, and Kristoffer Polaha).

The series debuted to strong numbers (by CW standards anyway) with a 1.2 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 2.84 million total viewers. That was pretty close to being on par with the smallest network’s most popular show, The Vampire Diaries.

Should Ringer be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Unfortunately, the second episode of Ringer lost 25% in the demo and by the fourth installment, the series lost another 33%. Not good. It didn’t help that the network put the struggling series on hiatus for two months.

The ratings have fluctuated somewhat over the course of the season but have been trending downward overall. The most recent episodes of Ringer have been bringing in a 0.4 demo rating and just over a million total viewers. Even by The CW’s standards, those are very bad numbers.

While The CW gets revenue from other areas besides broadcast advertising — big deals from Netflix and Hulu, for example — the network still has to make choices about what to cancel and what to renew. If viewership of Ringer had been on the rise, it would have a chance at being renewed. As it stands now, it looks certain that tonight’s episode will be the last one.

But what do you think? Is it time for Ringer to be cancelled or should there be a second season?

Anonymous March 27, 2013 at 1:06 am

This show is terrible, ridiculous plot, really bad acting….omg it sucks.

Marie March 16, 2013 at 5:50 pm

Please bring Ringer back. There are way too many crapy shows on, we finally get a good one, and they cancele it. BRRING IT BACK!

Debe March 14, 2013 at 8:39 am

I loved the Ringer, please bring it back!!!!!!!!

Milly J March 12, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Love this showwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :-)

Anonymous March 6, 2013 at 5:08 am

BRING IT BAAAAAACK :(

Eileen March 4, 2013 at 3:10 am

My husband & I both love Ringer & we’re so disappointed that it’s not back this season ! Finally a show that was sophisticated, complex & captivating & the network cancels it ! Makes no sense at all.

Sandra Phillips February 22, 2013 at 10:45 am

When i first started watching the tv series on netflix I didnt think i would like it but as i got ino the movie i loved it .I think their should be a second season.

Anita January 28, 2013 at 3:32 pm

Seen season 1 of Ringer loved it OMG you have to bring Season 2 to to tv you can’t leave us hanging you got to bring it back.

Arda December 28, 2012 at 12:35 am

u really need to UNcancel season 2… this is not fair… I love the show… it is very interesting and unique. I personally rate this series as 5 stars. please please bring it back :(

mandy December 10, 2012 at 12:38 pm

I just watched all of season 1 on netflix and loved it. I was so sad to hear that the cancelled the show. You cant leave us hanging as to what is going to happen with Bridgett/Siobhan now guys, please bring this show back so we can see what happens when the two of them meet again after all this time

victoria December 4, 2012 at 4:17 pm

I just finished watching the whole season the show has to be brought back for season 2 this is one of the best shows i have seen in awhile on tv beside vampire diaries, please bring back

Mariquita December 2, 2012 at 2:38 pm

I just watched all episodes on Netflix…. LOVED it!!! Need to bring it back. I was left hanging! Bummer!

Paul November 27, 2012 at 7:16 pm

I watched the whole season on Netflix, I totally judged it, I was wrong, it was awesome, very sad that it wasn’t renewed for another season. Bring It Back!!!

Janet Cummings November 21, 2012 at 5:30 am

I just watched 22 episodes of Ringer – only to be left hanging!! I thought it was one of the BEST TV shows I’ve seen in a long time…what is the matter with these networks? It should have been advertised more if it was losing ratings…I didn’t even know it was on … just watched Netflix series. Would LOVE to see this show brought back!!!!!

Danielle November 12, 2012 at 6:59 am

Omg!!! This show is so awesome. I need to see more!!