Ringer: Ioan Gruffudd on Season Two Chances

Ringer canceled or renewedAt the start of the season, Ringer looked like it had a very good chance of being renewed for a second season. Unfortunately, the ratings really started to slide once it returned from a two month hiatus. Now, the CW TV series looks more likely to be cancelled.

TVLine recently spoke to co-star Ioan Gruffudd, who plays Sarah Michelle Gellar’s brother-in-law/husband on the show, about the prospects of a second season. This is what he had to say:

As far as knowing [about Season 2] in an official capacity, nobody knows right now. I think everybody’s vying for that attention from the network. We’re very aware of the numbers and that it’s a numbers game. Creatively, we think we have a very strong chance, but as far as numbers, they might reflect a different story. From a personal standpoint, I haven’t even wavered. I was recently cleaning out my trailer and I was trying to remember things to bring back with me next year. It’s the first time I’ve been in this situation where I’ve been on a show for the full 22 [episodes] and we don’t know anything; there are no indicators. As far as the storyline is concerned, we’ve set it up as if we are coming back. We’re not shying away from anything and we haven’t been asked to tie things up neatly — we’ve been given leeway to present new ideas for next season. So, I haven’t wavered in my belief that we are coming back. But you know, I’ve been wrong in the past. [Laughs]

Check out the full interview for the actor’s thoughts about his character and the latest shocking developments on Ringer.

What do you think? Will Ringer be back for a second season? Does it still have a chance or will the show be cancelled?

Canceled and renewed TV show

88 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Extreemly Disapointed says

Along with Vampire D., and TSC, I also taped Ringer. I enjoyed the plot and I think there is more to be told. Brig it back a few more seasons, please.

2. Jen says

Please don’t cancel the show! I loved this series and it was the only show that I actually watched or taped on my DVR! I want to see a season 2, I think the ratings would be good because I have never heard anyone say anything bad about the show!

3. Nina says

Please don’t leave us hanging! I won’t rest until I know Bridget and Andrew will live happily ever after…

4. Helen Harrod says

Me and my two grown up daughters have been watching Ringer right from the start to the end. PLEASE bring it back, We always got excited leading up to our weekly showing!! WE LOVE IT so much. All the twists and turns very cleverley put together and all the great actors complimented each other, it kept us hanging on the edge of our seats every week. There is nothing showing on the TV that comes this close. PLEASE PLEASE give us SEASON TWO!!!!! Helen UK

5. Brandon says

Ok seriously, do not cancel Ringer. I’m only 12 years old and i still love this show. I dont see why some people are saying, “Ringer is bad,(whine,whine,whine), when its really an amazing show. Its only at the end of its first season, and maybe if u renew it it will get better ratings, let it catch up, who knows it could turn out to be the greatest show on the CW Network, well to me it already is. Sarah Michelle Gellar is just amazing and i love watching the shows that she is in, Ringer and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, amazing actress. Please, renew the show, for Ringer fans and Sarah Michelle Gellar fans!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Anonymous says

Ok seriously, do not cancel Ringer, im a 12 year old and i love this show, the series is just amazing so far, i dont see why some people are saying, “Ringer is boring, (whine,whine,whine), and i mean its just the first season and its not a complete ripoff-show, its actually very good, you never know it might get some better ratings in season 2 if they even have a season 2. Every episode of Ringer always has an exciting twist or scenario or whatever. Please, I think it would be the right decision to renew this show, and if season 2 is good, i would say let the show keep on airing till its final season, you know?

7. Britty says

So what is it CW? Renew? PLEASE!!!!!!! Just do it! RENEW! It seems like it is a show that a lot of people really enjoy and anxiously await!

8. Sally Wong says

This is the only one show that I LOVE to watch every week on TV, nothing else besides the news and weather. Please do not cancel it and give it a chance for a second season. I look forward every Tuesday night to watch it or record it when I cannot watch it on time. Sarah Michelle Gellar is a brilliant actress, I’ve been a fan of hers since the Buffy days. The writing and twists at the end of each episode are incredible. I will get many more people to watch it if I can, just don’t cancel this show. It is way too good to end after just one season.

9. Robin says

I agree with all the other comments. I’m also in my mid-40’s and find this show orginal, interesting, and engaging. My guess is that the ratings are lower because it’s opposite Biggest Loser, which I also watch. I started watching it one night when BL was only an hour, and I knew I had to see the previous episodes. Unfortunately, I never got to see the pilot, because it’s not available anywhere. But, I’ve caught every episode since, and I love it. I am so looking forward to Season 2. Please don’t cancel!!

• Jeri lynn says

You can watch the pilot on Amazon if you have a Kindle and it might even be on Netflix. I’m sure you could also find it online somewhere. Good luck!