Ringer

Ringer TV seriesNetwork: The CW
Episodes: 22 (hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: September 13, 2011 — April 17, 2012
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Sarah Michelle Gellar, Nestor Carbonell, Ioan Gruffudd, Mike Colter, Tara Summers, Kristoffer Polaha, Zoey Deutch, Justin Bruening, Billy Miller, Jason Dohring, Nicole Anderson, and Gage Golightly.

TV show description:
A former exotic dancer, Bridget Kelly (Sarah Michelle Gellar) has been sober for six months and is starting to turn her life around. That plan gets messed up when she becomes the sole witness to a professional hit. Despite the assurances of her FBI protector, Agent Victor Machado (Nestor Carbonell), Bridget knows that her life is still in great danger. She flees to New York City and doesn’t tell a soul, not even her Narcotics Anonymous sponsor, Malcolm Ward (Mike Colter).

Once in the Big Apple, Bridget reunites with her estranged twin, Siobhan Martin (also Sarah Michelle Gellar). She’s wealthy, pampered, and married to the strikingly handsome Andrew Martin (Ioan Gruffudd), a self-made millionaire who has a teenage daughter named Juliet (Zoey Deutch). Siobhan lives what appears to be a fairy tale life -– a life where no one even knows that Bridget exists.

The sisters seem to be mending their troubled relationship, until Siobhan suddenly disappears overboard while on a boat trip. Still worried for her own safety, Bridget makes the split decision to take on her sister’s identity. It turns out however that Siobhan’s life isn’t as idyllic as it first appeared. Bridget discovers shocking secrets, not only about her sister and her marriage, but also about Siobhan’s best friend Gemma (Tara Summers) and her writer husband, Henry Butler (Kristoffer Polaha).

When someone tries to kill Bridget in her sister’s penthouse, she realizes that she’s not any safer posing as Siobhan than she was living as herself.

Series Finale:
Episode 22 — I’m the Good Twin
As the vow renewal ceremony gets closer, Bridget realizes she first needs to tell Andrew the truth about who she really is. Meanwhile, just as Bodaway Macawi (guest star Zahn McClarnon) starts to close in on Bridget, Agent Machado is forced off the case and Henry decides whether he should tell Bridget the truth about Siobhan.
First aired: April 17, 2012.

Canceled and renewed TV show

53 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Sandra says

I can not believe you cancelled this show!!! What are you thinking?? I hope some other network picks this show up. I could not wait until the next week to see what was going to happen. I am so disappointed.

2. Tracy says

I was really looking forward to watching Ringer this fall. I don’t what YOU qualify as a good show but I thought this was a GREAT show!!

3. Adele says

I am very disappointed that they cancelled Ringer. I was so looking forward to the next season and what the storyline would be. I’m also sick of all the reality shows that are out there……….how many different frigging Big brothers can we watch!!!
    Bring back really good shows like Ringer , a show with substance.

4. Jennifer James says

I was tryig to find out when thge seson 2 premiere was scheduled for, and was so disappointed to find out the show is cancelled. What a disapointment! Their best show gone, and didn’t even have a proper ending. I’m not watching CW again!

5. Rosi says

I cannot beleive they are going to cancel one of the best shows in a long time. This was like watching a new suspense movie every week. I have been anticipating the new one beginning, and then I hear this. Let’s just bombard the tv stations with all reality, crap, and forget about the good shows that really get you interested, and enjoy. this is really upsetting.

6. kay says

Unfortunately I got rid of Sky and didn’t see the last few episodes. I was hoping to buy the series on dvd so am shocked to find it was cancelled ‘cos I really enjoyed it. I hope they at least ‘finish’ it properly but would prefer a continuation …. I can then buy the ‘box set’!

7. stacy says

I couldn’t wait for the next episode. Very sad that they cancelled a show that always kept you guessing.

8. laurie says

you get into to the story line and look forward to the following week and then they
    cancell the series. What a disappointment. I won’t watch this station again.

9. janie says

I enjoyed ringer I am Sorry to see it go. I would of like to see the twins meet up and work out their problems.

10. Mark says

Ringer was good. I’m sorry they dropped it. I liked the whole cast, but
    please bring SMG back in something. It was a very clever show.

11. Dave says

I thought maybe CW was smarter than NBC and would relize when they had a great show and give it a chance. Let me give you dummys at CW some advise. Don’t match your good shows up against the major networks hit shows and maybe you will get more viewers. I will not be watching this network again.