Rising Star: Will the ABC Series Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Rising Star TV show ON ABC: cancel or renew for season 2?Next week marks the season finale of Rising Star and the winner of the singing competition will be named. Has this show been a ratings winner for ABC? Will it be renewed for a second season or will it be cancelled instead?

Rising Star allows the home audience to vote for singers and help determine who will move on in the competition. Brad Paisley, Kesha, and Ludacris are the show’s “experts” while Josh Groban is the series’ host.

The series debuted in late June to a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.2 million viewers. That wasn’t a great start for a new show but, considering it’s summer, the ratings weren’t awful either.

Unfortunately, the ratings started falling in week two and they’ve gotten much worse as the weeks have progressed. Last week’s installment drew just a 0.7 demo rating with 3.17 million viewers. Those are very poor numbers — even by summer standards.

Though many ABC shows have been struggling this summer, it’s highly unlikely that they would risk renewing Rising Star for a second season.

But, what do you think? Have you been enjoying Rising Star on ABC? If you ran the network, would you cancel it or renew for season two?

Canceled and renewed TV show

157 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Charice Markowitz says

I loved the show and Josh Gorden. Best show in that category. Please air I have been missing it. I don’t watch any other reality show.

2. Anonymous says

Totally bring it back!!! We don’t need more reality TV shows or w e else… It was the best singing show ever… It was nice to help pick who stayed or who went.. I always waited for Sundays just to turn it on.. Plus my bf liked it too. And he doesn’t get into stuff like that! :)

3. Garry says

definitely should be back! didnt have enough advertising but was absolutely better then american idol

4. RuthAnne Ray says

They should bring the show back.ABC needs to give it more of time to gain momentum and actually they didn’t have a lot of advertising for it

5. Unknown says

I do believe that there should be another season of Rising Star…. Because it gives talented singers or musicians a great opportunity to show what they got and how amazing they are at preforming etc. So let there be another Rising Star

6. Anonymous says

This show is Amazing. I personally would love to try out for this show in the next year or two. To do that, there would need to be more seasons. I wold love for there to be more seasons of Rising Star anyways. It’s truly a great show. I also think with the problem being not enough viewers, having another season might make the show more popular and in that case the viewings would go up. This show should be renewed.

7. Samantha says

i think this should be renewed and make it fair for the west coast too the ratings would be alot better

8. Vickie says

I loved the show, watched every week to see Jesse Kinch. It would be better if we could all watch live, tho. West coast kinda got left out.

9. Michelle says

Amazing show!!!!! It should be renewed!!! Keep everyone the same, judges and host, there aren’t a lot of shows I love….this is definitely one!!! An awesome family show!!

• Carol Robinson says

It would be OK if they find a way to make it fare to the west coast! I found out who won before it was over! It made me so mad!!