Rising Star: Will the ABC Series Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Rising Star TV show ON ABC: cancel or renew for season 2?Next week marks the season finale of Rising Star and the winner of the singing competition will be named. Has this show been a ratings winner for ABC? Will it be renewed for a second season or will it be cancelled instead?

Rising Star allows the home audience to vote for singers and help determine who will move on in the competition. Brad Paisley, Kesha, and Ludacris are the show’s “experts” while Josh Groban is the series’ host.

The series debuted in late June to a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.2 million viewers. That wasn’t a great start for a new show but, considering it’s summer, the ratings weren’t awful either.

Unfortunately, the ratings started falling in week two and they’ve gotten much worse as the weeks have progressed. Last week’s installment drew just a 0.7 demo rating with 3.17 million viewers. Those are very poor numbers — even by summer standards.

Though many ABC shows have been struggling this summer, it’s highly unlikely that they would risk renewing Rising Star for a second season.

But, what do you think? Have you been enjoying Rising Star on ABC? If you ran the network, would you cancel it or renew for season two?

Anonymous October 17, 2014 at 11:34 am

bring it back!! bring it back!! BRING IT BACK!!

Joel Brocker October 16, 2014 at 2:01 pm

I LOVE the judges the host and the show! Please bring it back

gloria October 16, 2014 at 11:25 am

i did not like rising star

Randall October 15, 2014 at 7:27 pm

Thank god it was cancelled! Poor poor. The judges and host were pathetic.

Trina Patton October 11, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Um,
I feel the rating wasnt the views fault, it was the Networks. I liked the show. And it was something me and my teenage son was able to bound over. Im a single mom i work and go to school. My son does his teenage thing has school and friends. It was something to bring us together once a week. And we was able to really talk. Summer is not a good time for premiers. The most famous shows always start in the fall. Summer people is mistly outside rising star caught me and my son, was it aired on Sunday. Thats the day we rest spend time together. Fall. People are back to thier schedual. It gets cold people are inside. Do season 2. Make it a little bit hotter. Luda stays. Toyr ratings will go up. Season one was just bad timing.

Bre Tangman October 9, 2014 at 12:30 am

Give it a second chance! I loved that show!!! Please please please!!!

Anonymous October 8, 2014 at 1:49 pm

i hope the show does not get renewed. The show seemed fake. They selected the singers who got to join the show. The beat thing about singing shows are the bad auditions. i didn’t like the show at all.

Anonymous October 8, 2014 at 1:47 pm

i hope

Sofieynot October 5, 2014 at 8:01 pm

I liked the show, and even though people complain about too many singing competitions, my dad and I are waiting for the next season.

brian chaput October 5, 2014 at 1:08 am

Kesha was a big reason I didn’t watch and relagating a singer of Josh Groban’s caliber to host was another reason. Besides, enough singing competitions, how about a songwriting and performance competition with bands and different genres included?

G c October 1, 2014 at 10:30 pm

Don’t cancel

Caroline September 23, 2014 at 1:52 pm

I would love for this show to be renewed!!! I think it is worth a second chance!! I was planning on auditioning for season 2 if it goes! So I hope it does!

Phillip Wood September 21, 2014 at 10:51 pm

I’d like to see it renewed, it’s only the first season, I want it to be given another chance and maybe we will get different experts this season to take brad and kesha’s place maybe. I’m wanting to audition for that show, only if the record deal offered is legit.