Rising Star: Will the ABC Series Be Cancelled or Renewed for Season Two?

Rising Star TV show ON ABC: cancel or renew for season 2?Next week marks the season finale of Rising Star and the winner of the singing competition will be named. Has this show been a ratings winner for ABC? Will it be renewed for a second season or will it be cancelled instead?

Rising Star allows the home audience to vote for singers and help determine who will move on in the competition. Brad Paisley, Kesha, and Ludacris are the show’s “experts” while Josh Groban is the series’ host.

The series debuted in late June to a 1.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 5.2 million viewers. That wasn’t a great start for a new show but, considering it’s summer, the ratings weren’t awful either.

Unfortunately, the ratings started falling in week two and they’ve gotten much worse as the weeks have progressed. Last week’s installment drew just a 0.7 demo rating with 3.17 million viewers. Those are very poor numbers — even by summer standards.

Though many ABC shows have been struggling this summer, it’s highly unlikely that they would risk renewing Rising Star for a second season.

But, what do you think? Have you been enjoying Rising Star on ABC? If you ran the network, would you cancel it or renew for season two?

Rose November 23, 2014 at 9:31 pm

I love it! My 6 year old son is begging for the show to come back on!!

George November 20, 2014 at 8:56 pm

The show was absolutely HORRIBLE! I pray that it’s canceled. Definitely no one needs to waste anymore $$$$ on that show, that’s for sure.

Marcia Teer November 20, 2014 at 12:57 am

Rising Star is great but I like it so it will get cancelled. big brother, top model, batcher, crap like that they keep, but dump the good shows. There is no accounting for taste. There are so many dumb shows that have been renewed while the good get cancelled its sad.

John stowe November 18, 2014 at 10:10 pm

Yes keep the show. I really got into the voting and want to see e it again.

Meachelle November 12, 2014 at 8:11 am

Well i think it was really good, my friend entered it “Amy-jane” :) And She Did Amazingly… I Was Thinking of entering if there was a season two… i vote for a season two and you’ll see me there!

pat November 9, 2014 at 1:51 am

Rising Star is one of the best ones l watch. Unlike many of the others it is a class act. There are no untalented idiots taking up the time that should be dedicated to those who are serious about their auditions. Also it’s nice to be able to participate in the program. I hope you will bring it back for another season.

My Info November 9, 2014 at 1:50 am

Rising Star is a terrific show. The show has a lot of class and is far more serious than some of the others. You don’t have to watch half a season of idiots taking the time away from the real talent. Also the viewer input is novel and makes the show interesting. I hope you will bring it back