Rita Rocks: Lifetime Sitcom Cancelled, No Season Three

Rita RocksLifetime has decided to cancel their original sitcom, Rita Rocks, after two seasons.

Rita Rocks revolves around an overworked wife and mother who tries to balance the many different aspects of her life, including being in a local rock band. The series stars Nicole Sullivan in the title role with Richard Ruccolo, Tisha Campbell-Martin, Natalie Dreyfuss, Kelly Gould, and Raviv Ullman rounding out the cast.

The show was initially ordered as a companion for reruns of Reba with an eye towards amassing enough episodes to run it five nights a week.

The series debuted in October of 2008 with a 20 episode season. In March 2009, Rita Rocks was renewed for a second season of 20 more installments.

Should Rita Rocks be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

JoAnn Alfano, executive VP for entertainment at Lifetime, said, “Rita Rocks is the first original comedy that Lifetime has launched in 10 years, so you can imagine how delighted we are to welcome it back for a second season. It’s smart, it’s funny, and it appeals to anyone who has ever tried to carve out a little time for herself.”

The second season kicked off in October but apparently wasn’t successful enough for Lifetime. The cable channel has opted not to renew Rita Rocks for a third season. The December 7th episode will end up serving as both the season and series finale.

What do you think? Are you sad to see Rita Rocks go? How would you have liked to see the show end?

Mary December 27, 2011 at 2:28 am

Every time I watch Rita Rocks I just want to call Lifetime and ask, “What were you thinking?” It is the only show that I would watch and feel like it was my life I was watching. And the songs the band would play always seem to fit perfect with something that is going on in my life. I just got Season 1 for Christmas 2011 and can’t wait to get Season 2. I was actually in bed sick on Christmas (yesterday) and today (12/26/11). The only thing that I have done while sick is lay in bed for two days is watch Rita Rocks. Please reconsider bringing it back!

tina November 12, 2011 at 10:38 am

i love this show!! Please bring it back

Kai November 3, 2011 at 11:52 pm

I too just finished the show on Netflix. I really enjoyed watching it and wish they would have aired another season. Please bring it back!

TJ Smith November 1, 2011 at 8:57 pm

I too, just love the show. I remember watching it when it first aired, but I did not watch much of the second season and I wish I would have. I just watched both seasons on NetFlix in about a week. Hope Lifetime will bring it back! Lots of laughs and even some tears watching it.

Lisa October 4, 2011 at 10:43 pm

I am crushed to know there will not be a season three, it was funny, emotional, and family oriented. My fiance, a manly man even liked it. It would have been great to see the family interact with the baby. :0(

Nzuri September 27, 2011 at 6:04 pm

This show is awesome. I to found it on Netflix and fell in love with the reality of the show. I wish Lifetime would bring it back for a 3rd season.

Jeran September 15, 2011 at 12:38 pm

PLEASE bring Rita Rocks back!! Good TV is hard to come by now days….not everyone wants to watch reality shows.

Michelle September 14, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Very sad to see this show go. I had found this on netflix. I really love the show. Disappointed to know it was canceled.

lauren August 24, 2011 at 12:14 pm

i, like most of you, found this show through netflix. i was hooked immediately and now that i watched them all, im very upset that there was no season 3. i wish lifetime would look at this, and make a season 3 now, adding on 2 years, so the baby will be 2, and so on. now that a lot more people know about it, im sure the ratings will be through the roof.

Kali August 22, 2011 at 9:12 pm

I loved Rita Rocks and I could watch it the rest of my life. I wish it was still here today even though Lifetime make a poor decision of cancelling such an amazing show, just to keep it going i would watch it everyday if I had to. I know i am just a teenager but i feel i really connected with the show and I didn’t watch it until recently I wish I would have taken A moment from passing it up on the T.V. all those years ago and really sat and watched it when it really mattered, I am sorry I didn’t stop and see just what an extraordinary show Rita Rocks was and still is today. Even though it ended I will never forget it. I feel this show deserves a 5-STAR RATING! I love Rita rocks and I feel Life-Time should reach out to their fans opinions before deciding something so important. If I worked at Life-Time I would give them a piece of my mind!

Anonymous August 19, 2011 at 4:19 pm

One of the best shows ive seen, like everyone else i found this on netflix also.. really sad there’s no season 3…Just like i got hooked on dexter from netflix

Hope Tucker July 21, 2011 at 8:58 am

I just started watching this show on netflix. I really love show i am sad that their will be no season 3:(

melissa July 14, 2011 at 1:38 pm

Very sad this show is over. I found it on netflix. It seems all the good shows get cancelled and stupid reality tv stays forever ugh.

Glo July 11, 2011 at 7:54 am

I found rita rocks while surfing netflix. My family and i had a week of nightly marathons and watched both seasons. . We were crushed when we realized there was nothing more to look forward to. We didnt even know about this show being on before seeing it on netflix. Ive shared this discovery with many of my friends who have netflix . Its very sad that we will not see how this new child effects them. Our family was attached to them even more then those who watched it nightly one at a time. . We watched 5-8 episodes a night . Now im on this site whining! Something ive never done before.

Kali August 22, 2011 at 9:18 pm

I know I am appalled at what Life-Time has done. Every good show gets cancelled I hate it I wonder which one will get cancelled next..???? The next time a good show comes along we should stick together and speak up!!!!

Sheena January 23, 2012 at 1:32 am

I feel the same way. I would watch like 5 or 6 espisodes a night. Love this show.

liz July 6, 2011 at 8:30 am

This was my favorite show. I think that with the baby that was born the next season could have been amazing. I was very sad to see the show go.