Rita Rocks: Lifetime Sitcom Cancelled, No Season Three

Rita RocksLifetime has decided to cancel their original sitcom, Rita Rocks, after two seasons.

Rita Rocks revolves around an overworked wife and mother who tries to balance the many different aspects of her life, including being in a local rock band. The series stars Nicole Sullivan in the title role with Richard Ruccolo, Tisha Campbell-Martin, Natalie Dreyfuss, Kelly Gould, and Raviv Ullman rounding out the cast.

The show was initially ordered as a companion for reruns of Reba with an eye towards amassing enough episodes to run it five nights a week.

The series debuted in October of 2008 with a 20 episode season. In March 2009, Rita Rocks was renewed for a second season of 20 more installments.

Should Rita Rocks be cancelled?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

JoAnn Alfano, executive VP for entertainment at Lifetime, said, “Rita Rocks is the first original comedy that Lifetime has launched in 10 years, so you can imagine how delighted we are to welcome it back for a second season. It’s smart, it’s funny, and it appeals to anyone who has ever tried to carve out a little time for herself.”

The second season kicked off in October but apparently wasn’t successful enough for Lifetime. The cable channel has opted not to renew Rita Rocks for a third season. The December 7th episode will end up serving as both the season and series finale.

What do you think? Are you sad to see Rita Rocks go? How would you have liked to see the show end?

Jenna August 19, 2012 at 7:28 pm

Love…love ..love this show, I didn’t know it excess til I watch it n Netflix and I finished watching the 2 seasons, Now trying to find out when is the show time and was shock to read that it was cancelled 2 years ago! sucks!!!! Bring back please, it was a good family show…

Joshua August 4, 2012 at 12:39 am

I am extremely saddened that there is not a 3rd season, there is no telling how the baby is doing is kip goes to college or hallie. I want a third season please.

Maddie May 5, 2012 at 8:44 pm

Love this show! Saw it on Netflix for the first time. Didn’t think it would be good but since I like Nicole, I decided to give it a shot. Well, I watched every episode, then the baby was born and I was so excited. So you can probably understand how sad I was when I find out it’s not coming back. Come back!

mat June 1, 2012 at 11:17 am

what is this netflix thing, i see people mention it many times. i dont live in usa so i dont know?

Justin April 19, 2012 at 10:05 pm

I found this great tv show on netflix. This show is a show that you can sit down and watch with the entire family. It’s our” I love lusy” of our geniration. I wish the show would have ended next year. I wish that life can be as smart as MTV (for bringing pun’k back) to bring Rita rock’s back.

Nipz April 18, 2012 at 1:23 pm

love the show so much i watch it over and over in netflix

jen April 10, 2012 at 8:47 pm

I love this show. Found it on netflix. Wish it had a 3rd season reminds me a lot of king of queens. Wish it would come out again and be put immediately on netflix

Martin March 11, 2012 at 6:43 am

The show failed to utilize Nicole Sullivan’s talents to the fullest. She wasn’t funny at all. She was trying to be deadpan when she’s the comic. I kept waiting for her to act silly, like Lucille Ball. She was more like Alice Cramden. Poor decision making on the creator’s part.

Inna March 4, 2012 at 2:41 pm

I love this show. I discovered it on Netflix. I was more than sad to find out there were no more seasons. I really hope lifetime reconsiders. It’s never too late to bring a classic back to life.

Julie February 28, 2012 at 3:26 pm

My husband and I also found this show on netflix and absolutely love it! I don’t get why it was cancelled, its hilarious. You can actually sit and watch this as a family and enjoy it. Its way better than all those garbage shows they now have on tv, those should be the ones cancelled. I really do hope they bring this show back. We need more shows like this on tv.

dito! February 10, 2012 at 10:48 pm

I found it on netflix and LOVE it wish there was more! Lip is my favorite. Is rather watch this with my 6 yr old them most of the stuff on tv now

Fanof RR February 4, 2012 at 4:18 pm

I think that it got low ratings because not alot of people watch lifetime and I loved the show on netflix. They probably won’t put the show on a year later.

Sheena January 23, 2012 at 1:28 am

I also started watching this when I found it on Netflix. This show is so funny. I hope lifetime will consider having a season three.

Aly January 15, 2012 at 2:41 pm

We found it on netflix and we love it hope lifetime puts it back on

Yvette January 13, 2012 at 7:49 pm

So I just found the lifetime page showing the most memorable moments of Rita Rocks and guess what, there is a section to leave comments on the page. I know this is a long shot but I am pretty sure if we leave enough comments on the page and make a big enough fuss something is bound to happen. I just discovered Rita Rock this Christmas break and it was amazing. I was bummed to find out it only had two seasons. This show is better than reality TV.

Maretta December 27, 2011 at 11:41 am

I found this sitcom on netflix and I love it! I just started season 2 and now I realize there is no season 3?!!? I hope Lifetime would reconsider their decision because Rita Rocks is a refreshing comedy with genuine wholesome modern family humor! I enjoy the sitcom more than that reality tv junk out there.