Rizzoli & Isles: Season Five Renewal from TNT

rizzoli and isles season fiveJane Rizzoli (Angie Harmon) and Maura Isles (Sasha Alexander) will be back for new cases in 2014. TNT has renewed Rizzoli & Isles for a fifth season.

The fourth season of the cop drama is currently airing on TNT, averaging 5.66 million total viewers. That’s up by 15% when compared to season three (4.94 million) and is easily the cable channel’s highest-rated drama.

Rizzoli & Isles will finish its summer run on September 10th after airing a dozen episodes. Season four will resume in early 2014. TNT has ordered 15 episodes for season five and that is expected to begin in Summer 2014.

TNT has renewed Major Crimes for a third season and Perception for a third round as well. The fates of Franklin & Bash and King & Maxwell are still uncertain.

What do you think? Are you still watching Rizzoli & Isles on TNT? How long would you like to see it continue?

Carol April 18, 2014 at 7:12 am

This show is brilliant and it cant stop now we know Jane is pregnant. Bring Cassy back and let Jane have some happiness. She is always worrying about everyone else around here and it is time she had some happiness herself. Keep it running guys,…

Sandra March 12, 2014 at 7:08 am

Love this show. Never miss it.

Tammi February 25, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Love this show do NOT stop making it.

Suzanne Jones February 5, 2014 at 11:54 am

I love this show! And I’ll keep watching as long as the show is still on.

Sandra December 30, 2013 at 8:53 pm

The worst thing about tv is the best shows are taken off for boring reality shows that are mostly scripted. Keep Rizzoli and Isles on and I will watch for as long as it is on. The writers have created many interesting characters that make me want to see what happens next.

Daniel December 7, 2013 at 5:34 am

I’ll keep watching it as long as they keep making it.I enjoy the fact that the characters are not stoic clich├ęs like some cop shows.They have real issues and good humor.The people seem more real than some shows.

Deborah November 4, 2013 at 12:02 am

I love the show because I love the books written by Tess Gerritson who created these characters. The actresses do a very good job and I love all the family dynamics of Jane Rizzoli. It’s a funny in many respects, and I love the crime element as well, because I love crime dramas. I have to agree with one of the above comments on not making them lesbians, they are not in the books, and I am getting tired of all the PC of not hurting the gay community’s feelings. It’s not all about them, and this story line is not about lesbian cops. Sorry, read the books if you disagree. I hope it runs a good long time.

Ann October 20, 2013 at 2:40 am

I love this show and the chemistry between Angie and Sasha. I don’t wish for them to have a relationship that seems to be what some folks want. In saying that I think there is a need for new happenings in the show, and maybe Maura and Jane characters to be lucky in love (but not with each other). Just sayin!

teresa October 19, 2013 at 12:59 am

I would love to see it stay on as long as possible, this is my favorite show on TV, and always look forward to the next episode, Jane &Maura are great! So sad about losing Lee Young, he was great on the show.

Mike September 5, 2013 at 12:49 am

Rizzoli & Isles is a very good show Hot chicks who fight crime and kick some ass What more could any one want

Lina September 3, 2013 at 6:51 pm

R.I.P Lee you will be missed!! Yes I will watch Rizzoli & Isles in 2015 can’t wait.

Karen August 22, 2013 at 7:54 pm

I would like to see it continue longer than NCIS has…
I really enjoy the long lasting best friends female characters of Jane & Maura..
And that they have each others backs and would do whatever they could for each other because they are best friends for life..(and not lesbian lovers, just best friends forever ) I mean come on people there is such a thing..stop trying to ruin a tv show that actually started with being normal and was excellent because it was normal and had strong female lead characters that became best friends and trusted and respected each other. I ask Janet Tamaro to keep it normal. I mean why because all of the gay & lesbian e-mails and chats do writers, producers have to write shows leaning to that direction just because you don’t want to offend them. I don’t want to offend them either but what about offending me because you lean the show there way.
I think Angie Harmon & Sasha Alexander have a wonderful chemistry and have since day day one done a wonderful job playing best friend’s that would take care of each other & be there for each other. (I would like this fowarded to Janet Tamaro, Angie Harmon & Sasha Alexander.. I have enjoyed watching Angie &Sasha in anything I have seen them in.)
Also all of the cast members make a wonderful team. My condolences on the death of Lee Thompson Young to Family, friends & co-workers it was very sad and I will miss his character.
God Bless

Jeremy Rynek August 15, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Just surprised it took this long. Nevertheless, it’s an excellent show, and I hope it’s around for a long time. Sasha and Angie have great chemistry, and it’s close to taking down Leverage as being the best show from the network. Still can’t believe they axed Leverage.

Elizabeth September 10, 2013 at 8:45 pm

I want to see last just as long as ncis is

Elizabeth September 10, 2013 at 8:51 pm

I would like to see this show last a very long time they are the best Angie and Sasha .