Rizzoli & Isles: TNT Series Returns for Season Two in July

Rizzoli & Isles returnsPolice detective Jane Rizzoli (Angie Harmon) and medical examiner Maura Isles (Sasha Alexander) are back on the trail of some of Boston’s most notorious criminals. The pair certainly share some quirky chemistry and their series, Rizzoli & Isles, is returning to TNT for season two on Monday, July 11th.

Featuring the talents of Harmon, Alexander, Jordan Bridges, Lee Thompson Young, Bruce McGill, and Lorraine Bracco, Rizzoli & Isles debuted last July. The premiere attracted a 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 7.55 million total viewers. The subsequent installments dropped a bit but the 10 episode season still managed to average a 1.5 rating in the demo and 6.86 million viewers. That’s quite good by TNT standards and is essentially double what some of the cable channel’s other shows attract.

Rizzoli & Isles was renewed for a second season of 13 episodes in July. The first 10 installments will run over the summer months. TNT hasn’t announced when they’ll air the remaining three episodes yet. If they follow a schedule similar to that of Leverage, they’ll end up debuting some time next winter.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear Rizzoli & Isles is returning? What do you like about the TNT series?

Debra Stacks February 10, 2013 at 6:32 pm

You know it’s amazing when you get a awesome show like Rizzoli and Isles the network finds a way to screw it up. With all the garbage that we as the viewers have to endure the network has the ordasity to play with our emotions by canceling or putting long stints in between playing the good shows. It’s not fair to your viewers. Yet you{ the networks} will cancel shows like CSI Miami and keep CSI NY who has far less punch. We have to channel surf through all the BS like all those stupid Housewives, Honey Boo Boo, and now the new waste of time Holluwood Husbands. Give us a break. Give us back the suspense, drama, and intrigue of real television. TNT use to be the station to go to for real drama, most of us viewers are starting to rethink this. Stop playing with the best show on TNT, Rizzoli and Isles. Bring them back PLEASE. I would TIVO the shows and watch them when I got off from work and on the weekends. I didn’t intend to be so wordy but this is SERIOUS. WE THE VIEWERS WANT MORE OF RIZZOLI AND ISLES. After all it’s us who you’re doing this for , RIGHT? I do thank you for the opportunity to give my opinion. In summation I love Rizzoli and Isles, the real dynamic duo, by the way Frost and Corsack play a significant role also. Finally please, please please bring back Rizzoli and Isles soon, Thank You in advance.

Shelley April 21, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Can’t wait to have Rizzoli & Isles back. Love the show.

merlita August 15, 2011 at 2:02 am

Love this show. The best..this girls are amazing i love them both.. Good luck RIZZOLI AND ISLES..

patty August 7, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Everytime these programs play the gay card they go down the tubes…won’t miss this one either. cancel it

Dox August 5, 2011 at 5:30 am

I really enjoy this series….Hope it doesn’t get cancelled….It’s always the good series that get cancelled not the bad ones…..They need to get rid of these stupid reality shows…This show has a lot of punch and intrigue…The difference of personalities of the main characters is refreshing and in the manner they interact is really amazing…TNT don’t be stupid in cancelling this show…There is nothing else decent to watch…

lynn July 13, 2011 at 8:48 pm

I am glad they are back as a team. i remember miss alexander on ncis . i remeber harmon on law & order .

Greta June 14, 2011 at 6:19 pm

Rizzoli & Isles is the BEST show on TNT, & one of the BEST shows on tv. It is smart, entertaining & humorous. I certainly hope TNT KEEPS Rizzoli & Isles for many more seasons. It’s a great show for any network.

Tea June 10, 2011 at 11:43 am

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! bravo!!!!!!!

Ana June 3, 2011 at 9:17 pm

I am delighted that Rizzoli & Isles is coming back for a second season. This show became an instant favorite last year. There is nothing good on TV during the summer so I definitely look forward to the upcoming season. Leaving the last three episodes for later is kind of weird…

mary curci May 19, 2011 at 8:46 pm

My husband and I have been patiently waiting for the return of Rizzoli & Isles, it is our favorite show.

Sarah May 19, 2011 at 10:47 am

I love the show but I don’t like the release style that leverage and some of TNT’s other shows have where they release most of the season and then finish it later. I always feel like I’m forgetting key plot points or intricacies of the story since I haven’t seen it in so long.

Tbird May 18, 2011 at 8:11 am

We are delighted that Rizolli & Isles are coming back, we keep going online to check on it!

Peg May 17, 2011 at 11:14 pm

My husband and I are so glad this series is coming back. We have missed seeing it and have been watching the re-runs over again. Ordered the series from Netflicks and watched all of them.