Rizzoli & Isles: TNT Series Returns for Season Two in July

Rizzoli & Isles returnsPolice detective Jane Rizzoli (Angie Harmon) and medical examiner Maura Isles (Sasha Alexander) are back on the trail of some of Boston’s most notorious criminals. The pair certainly share some quirky chemistry and their series, Rizzoli & Isles, is returning to TNT for season two on Monday, July 11th.

Featuring the talents of Harmon, Alexander, Jordan Bridges, Lee Thompson Young, Bruce McGill, and Lorraine Bracco, Rizzoli & Isles debuted last July. The premiere attracted a 1.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 7.55 million total viewers. The subsequent installments dropped a bit but the 10 episode season still managed to average a 1.5 rating in the demo and 6.86 million viewers. That’s quite good by TNT standards and is essentially double what some of the cable channel’s other shows attract.

Rizzoli & Isles was renewed for a second season of 13 episodes in July. The first 10 installments will run over the summer months. TNT hasn’t announced when they’ll air the remaining three episodes yet. If they follow a schedule similar to that of Leverage, they’ll end up debuting some time next winter.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear Rizzoli & Isles is returning? What do you like about the TNT series?

Sam April 7, 2011 at 9:46 pm

im so glad! i love this show its amazing i just love it! <3 :D

jeff April 7, 2011 at 12:02 am

Glad to hear the show will be back. We need more shows like this instead of this reality junk

gloria April 6, 2011 at 6:11 pm

Cannot wait until July 11! What a great show!!!! Bring it on!!!

Jeanine April 5, 2011 at 7:58 pm

I love Rizzoli and Isles and cannot wait for it to come back. The Closer is also a terrific show, witty, serious, and have not missed an episode of these great shows which are too few and far between these days!

Sabina April 5, 2011 at 2:31 pm

I’m so happy its coming back! its one of the best shows. I have been waiting so long!

Ann April 5, 2011 at 8:14 am

So glad Rizzoli and Isles AND The Closer are back…..good going TNT!!

LITTLEDANCER115 April 4, 2011 at 12:03 pm

I’m thrilled Angie & co.will be returning…..one of the best shows on TV…..I wish more quality shows were on the regular networks……..maybe they could sit up & take notice?

Kat April 3, 2011 at 3:08 pm

Love the series! Can’t wait for season 2….

Larry April 3, 2011 at 10:10 am

This is a great show. I wish they would give it 52 episodes per year. Sorry ladies. Maybe you do need some vacation.

Anonymous April 3, 2011 at 7:17 am

I’m really glad this show will return this summer. It’s well done and each episode is over too quickly!

Allison April 2, 2011 at 9:05 pm

I am excited it’s returning. I would like to know why good television shows are being canceled. I guess more people like reality TV and trash over TV that makes you think a little bit

Anonymous April 2, 2011 at 7:15 pm

Glad it’s coming back. Can’t wait for it to start.

Anonymous April 1, 2011 at 11:46 am

I love this show glad its comin back

Cindy Maher March 31, 2011 at 3:11 am

I love the show. The characters are smart, witty, interesting and have a real personality. The writing is fast paced and clever. Billie Burke doesn’t hurt the story line either. Mostly, the rapport between the two female characters is dynamic. The heroines show that women can have both a professional relationship and best friend relationship without resorting to cheap sexual tricks. The show has a maturity you don’t find on the three stanard networks.

mary nowak March 30, 2011 at 3:31 pm

Estatic! Love this show but worried it wasn’t going to come back. Every time there is a great new show on it just dissapears into the sunset. New show about a medical coroner aired on channel three. Its a cross between Jordan and Isles without the talent! Please keep this show on, it’s right up there along with bones and charmed. Before long I won’t ever have to turn the channel.