¡ROB!: Premiere Ratings

Rob premiere ratingsThis isn’t the news that Rules of Engagement fans wanted to hear. CBS may actually have a hit with its new sitcom, ¡ROB!.

Starring Rob Schneider, ¡ROB! premiered to a 4.1 in the 18-49 demographic and 13.48 million total viewers. Per the fast affiliate numbers, it lost 21% from its Big Bang Theory lead-in but still outperformed Rules of Engagement by a wide margin.

Compared to the October season premiere of Rules, CBS was up by 14% in the demo and 18% in total viewers. ¡ROB! also gave the network a significant improvement over its numbers from last January — rising 41% in the demo. Roughly one year earlier, an episode of $#*! My Dad Says drew a 2.9 in the demo and 10.79 million viewers.

It’ll be interesting to see if ¡ROB! declines in the coming weeks or if CBS finally has another hit sitcom for its Thursday night schedule.

UPDATE: Here’s our page for updated weekly ¡ROB! ratings.

What do you think? Did you watch ¡ROB!? Is it a good fit with Big Bang Theory? Should it stay on the air or do you think it should be cancelled instead?

Alba Soto April 16, 2012 at 7:54 am

We really enjoyed this serie at home, please, keep it on the air, Hector it’is so funny!!!

Joe P February 24, 2012 at 11:24 am

Great show for that time slot. Lots of laughs. Keep it on the air.

Dale February 24, 2012 at 6:29 am

The episode with the baby from mid-February had one of the funniest moments in tv history!! Up there with ‘I Love Lucy’. Check it out if you don’t believe me!

Melinda January 16, 2012 at 10:24 am

This show stinks. Instead of a show where blacks ridicule clueless whitey they show some real imagination and have Hispanics do the same. Chico And The Man did it better thirty years ago. I made it about five minutes into this show and had to change the channel.

Paul January 16, 2012 at 9:59 am

ANOTHER show about a silly man as head of household that goofs off like a child but loves his wife…

How many story-themes are there like these on TV today?
Is the fact that the familiy is Latino make this different?

Think about it..how many “silly husband” shows are currently on TV?

Erik January 16, 2012 at 7:55 am

This and 2 broke girls are the best new series on TV. This show was hilarious, hope they both stay for along time.

bruce January 14, 2012 at 8:52 am

I did not watch it and don’t plan to. Who needs another lame sitcom?

Bethany January 14, 2012 at 5:11 am

With talent like that in a show I don’t see how it could fail, unless studio execs get too involved and don’t let Cheech and Rob fly with their natural talents. I enjoyed the show personally, and could see it was trying very hard to meet all of the expectations of studio execs who probably thought stereotypes would be funnier than what will, I am sure, become a far better show if given the chance. I plan to see every single episode, and to talk about them with thousands of people who also plan to do the same.

Oh, and for anyone listening in the industry… That Hoarder’s Mansion sounds wonderful. LOL

Rargran January 17, 2012 at 2:33 pm

The problem with Rob is Rob. He’s not known for this sort of comedy. He’s going to go for funny but flawed, and I hope he hits that note. But I could see him go too far and end up like Dave Coulier, a caricature of comedy. I’m glad he’s got the courage to try to evolve his act, and I hope he doesn’t end up like Pauly Shore.

Anthony January 14, 2012 at 1:08 am

The show started off kind of slow, but when Cheech and Rob started interacting something clicked…. The show may decline a bit, but if the other episodes are right in line with this I could see CBS giving it a second season behind Big Bang Theory to see if it can somehow maintain an audience.

David January 13, 2012 at 4:42 pm

The first episode was cute. I don’t feel a good chemistry within the cast. Also, I feel the show material will run out fast

Why January 13, 2012 at 3:12 pm

I found it insulting to my intelligence. It was so bad to me, I’d rather watch the second half of Wipe Out and that is really bad to say.

Craig January 13, 2012 at 2:05 pm

I really enjoyed the first episode too. Rob and Cheech had good chemistry together.

Chris Diaz January 13, 2012 at 12:50 pm

I thought this first episode was hilarious ! Rob and the entire cast did a great job !