Roswell

RoswellNetwork: The WB, UPN
Episodes: 61 (hour)
Seasons: Three

TV show dates: October 6, 1999 — May 14, 2002
Series status: Cancelled/ended

Performers include: Shiri Appleby, Jason Behr, Katherine Heigl, Brendan Fehr, Majandra Delfino, Nick Wechsler, William Sadler, Colin Hanks, Emilie de Ravin, Mary Ellen Trainor, John Doe, Garrett M. Brown, Adam Rodriguez, Jason Peck, Diane Farr, Devon Gummersall, Julie Benz, Desmond Askew, Jim Ortlieb, Steve Hytner, Michael Chieffo, Sara Downing, Jo Anderson, and Nicole Brunner.

roswell past TV show

TV show description:
This show is set at the site of the 1947 UFO crash in Roswell, New Mexico. The US Army finds the alien pods and takes them to a base for study. Four incubation pods are saved by an Air Force pilot who stashes them in a new ship hidden in a nearby rock formation. Some 40 years later, three aliens emerge and appear to be six-year-old humans with little memory of where they came from.

Two are found and adopted by a couple of lawyers named Evans. The aliens lead essentially normal lives as Max and Isabel Evans (Jason Behr and Katherine Heigl). The third young alien is found, placed in a home with an abusive foster father, and raised as Michael Guerin (Brendan Fehr). The three remain close and share secrets as their alien abilities begin to appear.

High school students Liz Parker (Shiri Appleby), Maria DeLuca (Majandra Delfino), and Alex Whitman (Colin Hanks), live in the small town of Roswell. Liz’s parents own the Crashdown Cafe, an alien-themed diner. At one point, Liz is accidentally shot while waitressing there. Max runs over and places his hands on her and heals her. A silver handprint where he touched her is visible for a time afterward. This event begins to raise the suspicions of some, particularly Sheriff Valenti (William Sadler).

In Biology class the next day, Liz gets a sample of Max’s saliva and finds his cells don’t look human. She confronts him and he admits the truth about the three being aliens. Soonafter a romance begins to form between Max and Liz, much to the chagrin of the Sheriff’s son, Kyle (Nick Wechsler).

Despite the fact that Max has sworn her to secrecy, Liz tells Maria, and eventually Alex is let in on the secret as well. They all work together to prevent the Sheriff from finding out the truth and alerting the FBI. Michael and Maria develop a romantic relationship, as do Isabel and geeky Alex.

As the series progresses, the friends discover the fourth alien from the pods, Tess Harding (Emile de Ravin). They also begin to discover the aliens’ destiny as Government and alien forces begin to close in.

Developed, produced, and co-written by Jason Katims, this sci-fi show is based on the Roswell High book series for young adults. Melinda Metz and Laura J. Burns, the writer and editor of the book series, are staff writers for the television series.
space

Series Finale

Episode 61 — Graduation
First aired: May 14, 2002.

space

What happened next?

There hasn’t been any news of plans to revive the show.

space

TieT September 6, 2012 at 1:36 pm

I have season1 on DVD! =) I really like season 1&2, but at some point season3 was going nowhere and personally…I hated the character Tess as the fourth alien. I will never accept the stupid crap about their aliendestiny. Fortunately my fantasy shows Liz and Max are happy together forever ;D

shay W August 4, 2012 at 5:43 am

I just finished the season finale 10 min ago. I too agree they should renew the show for a 10 year later plot and see how well it turns out

Tanya August 3, 2012 at 10:35 pm

I love this show, I got my sisters hooked on it too…very sad it was cancelled. Maybe they can bring it back WITH the SAME actors and show us where they went after leaving Roswell. If they brought it back they would make alot of people happy :)

ebesenhoffer July 6, 2012 at 12:35 pm

rozwell —-so good
just finished rewatching on netflix
forgot how much i enjoyed this show

Zue June 18, 2012 at 9:56 am

Yesssssssssss, Bring it backkkkkkkkkk. Same actorssss.

Jessica kragler April 25, 2012 at 1:11 am

I wish they one day bring back the show Roswell It’s my fav, mybe they return home and to see there family again. I love the show. I miss it dearly.

Retiree April 8, 2012 at 10:15 pm

Another series have thoroughly enjoyed only to find it doesn’t exist anymore.
Netflix has given us a chance to see TV series we never could watch because of lenghtly job hours.

We would love to see Roswell return, especially with the same cast.

celina February 23, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Again one of my favorite shows I found this show on net flix I never knew this show was on t.v or i would have been watching it. I really do think that is the problem with these t.v shows for some reason there is not enough advertising to let people know about them.

I am begging to see this show continue this show was getting so good why did it have to end please WB bring this show back I am going to share this on face book and twitter we will see how big this gets. thanks

Angelo January 2, 2012 at 7:40 pm

I absolutely loved the show if by any chance they should revive the show with the same actors

Kat January 2, 2012 at 8:03 pm

I agree; out of the principle actors (Shiri Appleby, Jason Behr, Katherine Heigl, Brendan Fehr), only Katherine Heigl had a serious commitment and she’s out of Grey’s now, so they can do it. They’d have to all be adults now, well out of college (maybe they could start with a ten-year reunion plot?). Maybe even make it an invasion series; just don’t put it on ABC. ;P

celina February 23, 2012 at 11:19 pm

I agree with kat, ABC is the biggest network to cancel shows, Im telling you ABC you are going to lose people if you don’t stop :(

Anonymous December 17, 2011 at 1:53 pm

I loved Rosewell I wish they would bring it back.

Vilandra September 18, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Meant best, not newt. Stupid auto-correct lol!

Vilandra September 18, 2011 at 11:55 pm

Just got sucked back into Roswell over the Summer since it ended in ’02. Truly the newt chemistry amongst the cast I’ve ever seen on TV. It really was a shame that politics got in the way of its true potential.

jonathan montanez June 23, 2011 at 7:58 am

i do agree. this is my favorite tv series. i started watching it again on netflix im just mad that it got canceled. pleeeeease bring back this show.

Paris April 5, 2011 at 6:06 am

Please bring my show back. This was my favorite show and I miss it.

Anonymous April 6, 2010 at 11:13 am

my favorite tv programme plz start