Round Three: Which TV Show Should Be Saved from Being Cancelled?

Chuck Vs CastleWell, after more than 4,600 votes in our game, it all comes down to two TV shows — the pair that the most people think should be saved. Is your favorite one of them? Can you choose between the two?

In round one of the game, we asked you to select from a list of 30+ shows that were of danger of being cancelled. Tough as it was to decide, more than 1,600 people made a choice and we came up with six clear favorites: Better Off Ted, Castle, Chuck, Fringe, Medium, and Trauma.

We’ve now closed round two and found some interesting surprises. Though shows like Better Off Ted, Medium and Trauma have very passionate fans, their tallies were far lower than the other three.

Round Three: Which bubble show should be saved?

• Chuck (38%)
  • Castle (62%)

Total Votes: 2,372

Loading ... Loading ...

Chuck and Fringe — who both have lots of sci-fi fans — were nearly tied for second place but Chuck ended up the winner by about 30 votes. Did the shows split the sci-fi fan vote?

Castle was the clear winner of round two but, will the ABC show be victorious in round three? Now that Fringe is out of the running (and has actually been renewed), will the Fringe voters switch to Chuck? We’ve had upsets before so it’ll be interesting to see how you vote. It’s Chuck vs. Castle!

Don’t delay, this round closes on Monday, March 15th. Come on, tell us which bubble show would you save if you had the power to do so?

After you’ve voted, leave a comment below and share your decision. You might just convince someone to follow your lead! Do the final two surprise you?

UPDATE: Sorry. Voting has now closed. Go here to read the final results.

deez March 16, 2010 at 12:49 pm

I AM BACKING WHAT SUE SAID/WROTE CANCEL SOME OF THESE
VARIETY SHOWS THEY ARE FILLING IN THE TIME SLOTS WITH
STUPID REALITY SHOWS.THAT ARE A BIG WASTE OF NETWORK TIME
NOBODY WATCHES THESE STUPID REALITY NONSENCE LIKE MINUTE TO
WIN IT WHAT A BORE.

Icey M Bowie March 15, 2010 at 7:58 pm

I like Chuck and Castle. But, I like Castle a little bit more than Chuck.
Speaking of Chuck, what’s going on with Casey? Is he leaving the show?

vivian cole March 15, 2010 at 7:08 pm

HELP! I LOVE NUMB3RS AND SO DOES MY SPOUSE…IT IS A SMART SHOW AND WE
HAVE ENJOYED EVERY FRIDAY EVENING……I AM DEVESTATED THAT ONE MORE WELL WRITTEN AND INTELLIGENT SHOW MUST GO……..SO SORRY

MY SPOUSE IS A PHD AND TV IS A WASTELAND BUT LOVED THIS ONE…
WHAT CAN I DO……

Patricia Catalno March 15, 2010 at 6:10 pm

Why would either be cancelled. I love both shows. Let me know what I can do to keep them!

Elizabeth March 15, 2010 at 5:14 pm

Please keep Castle on the air. Those of us who are tired of realty shows don’t have much to chose from. It appears that they have already canceled one of my favorite shows, The Deep End. Please don’t cancel this one.

Lou Ann March 15, 2010 at 4:06 pm

I think Trauma should be saved. I do not watch Castle. I was a huge Medium fan in the beginning but I feel as though it is getting a little dull. If something is cancelled, I think that Medium would be the one. Medium’s original storyline was great but they have gone off of the original story line since then.

Mona March 15, 2010 at 3:53 pm

My family and I count Castle as one of our two favorite TV shows this year. There is just enough humor, along with the suspenseful story lines. We love all the characters, but especially the relationship between Castle and his daughter.

Jeremy Rynek March 15, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Castle is like CSI but just has an extra ingredient: comedy. I don’t think the same can be said about Chuck honestly.

Debbie March 15, 2010 at 11:12 am

I love CASTLE!! I think its funny and fun-great chemistry and I actually like all of the characters-a feat that is hard to accomplish nowadays!

Judy Molina March 15, 2010 at 10:55 am

I watched Castle the very first time it aired and have watched ever since. Why? because it is a suberb show. I love the actors, plots etc. This show puts a smile on my face. I also enjoy the banter between Becket and Castle. It also has suspense and sometimes the murderer is the last person I would have suspected. I surely hope that this show is kept on the air for years.

Brenda Johnson March 15, 2010 at 9:10 am

Please do not cancel this series. My husband and I have been faithful viewers since the series premiered. The actors in the lead rolls are both doing an excellent job. It will be very unfortunate if the series is not renewed.

Shannon Todd March 15, 2010 at 8:12 am

I’ve not watched much of “Castle,” but from what I’ve seen, it looks like a good program.
Having said that, I would vote to keep “Chuck” on the air. Here is this seemingly average guy with an average job who is suddenly given a tremendous gift/power. He uses this to benefit a greater good, and stays the same person he was before: A good-hearted person who knows who and what he cares about.
I would like to see an everyday hardworking character – like “Chuck” – stay on the air, and a spoiled writter with more money than sense – like the male lead in “Castle” – go off the air.

Mary Sagor March 15, 2010 at 8:28 pm

Shannon, how many times have you seen Castle? Yes, he is a spoiled writer, but Beckett, his wife and mother, all played by wonderful actresses, keep him in line! And that is one of the things that is so fun to see!! The chemistry he has with each of the three females in his life is superb and offers a variety of different views of the character. I have never watched Chuck, I admit, but the fact that even the ads are not enticing enough to make me want to watch it tells me the show could not possibly be as entertaining as CASTLE. (yes, I know I sound close-minded! And yes, you probably feel the same way about Chuck.) But, if you really watch Castle and Beckett in action, you will see why we are all rooting for him to stay on the air.

Doobie March 15, 2010 at 8:09 am

Castle for sure. I haven’t even bothered to see an episode of Chuck.
As for the previous castings of votes:
–I agree with Better Off Ted, Medium, Castle, and Fringe (as part of the 6 favorites)
–Better Off Ted is very funny but I didn’t start watching it until its second season & my family and I watch Medium for not Allison (the main character of the show) but her husband Joe. Whoever writes his script is a genius. I’m saddened though, if they leave.
–If Fringe doesn’t come back for a third season, there will be anarchy (at least with the small sci-fi community I know). The plot, although staying on the same course or progression, is in continual flux leaving the audience captivated by the in-expectancies yet to occur. The science is believable (at least most of it), and as a cast they are to the point where they can work together seamlessly as these characters. I can’t believe that Chuck, which is based on this guy that downloaded information into his brain when he shouldn’t have, is being chosen over Fringe, a mind boggling, plot twisting, we can anticipate in the near future science surrounded by the fact that Olivia (the main character) is a catalyst in this ever-changing, creepy environment.

Mary Sagor March 15, 2010 at 8:20 pm

RE: Fringe – I read that it has been renewed already. So don’t fret yourself over it. Right now, CASTLE is the one still in question. Fox has already stopped production of SAVING GRACE (or, at least says it will not continue for the next season), so unless we can save her, I am already losing one of my favorite shows and the thought of losing Castle is too sad for words.
And now I just heard an ad for Law and Order Criminal Intent that indicates Goren is leaving the show! Granted, Jeff Goldblun will be on, and he’s a fabulous addition (I have always loved his work and this character is a hoot!), but it should be an addition to the team, not a replacement!! Goren is unique abd should not be killed off!

Lynn March 15, 2010 at 5:01 am

My husband and I enjoy watching Castle every Monday night. It provides a short escape for the mind from all the stresses this economy has brought to our family. Our children and their families are struggling to make ends meet and are down sizing in every way. We wish we were able to do more to help them. Please keep this show on the air to give people a mental respite while dealing with these challenging times.

Stacy March 14, 2010 at 9:08 pm

Lol, Castle is for sure getting renewed. They’ve already ordered more eps for a very full season. No worries. :)

Mary Sagor March 15, 2010 at 1:35 pm

Stacy, IF you’re teasing us about more episodes having been ordered for a “very full season” I will be more disappointed than when I found out there is no Easter Bunny (yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!)!! I sincerely hope that your information is correct!! Where did you get it? Is it an accurate source?
If it is true, then I will say to the powers that be: ” Thank You, Thank you, Thank You for listening to your viewers and respecting our desires! And, keep those good vibes comin’!!! –When does the new season begin?”

admin March 15, 2010 at 2:21 pm

It hasn’t been renewed for next season yet. This season is made up of 24 installments.

Mary Sagor March 15, 2010 at 2:26 pm

So we still have to wait untiol mid-May to find out if we will be able to see this wonderful show in the fall?
PLEASE, tell me what we can do to ensure its continuation!!