Rubicon: AMC TV Show Cancelled, No Season Two

RubiconAMC has decided to cancel Rubicon after one season of 13 episodes.

Billed as a conspiracy thriller, Rubicon is set in a government intelligence agency where nothing is as it seems. The cast includes James Badge Dale, Dallas Roberts, Jessica Collins, Christopher Evan Welch, Lauren Hodges, Arliss Howard, and Miranda Richardson.

The TV show was previewed back in June and attracted a 0.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 1.07 million viewers. When the series officially kicked off in August, the demo dropped to a 0.3 rating with 1.9 million viewers. The demo dropped to a 0.2 after that and the whole season averaged a 0.3 rating and 1.25 million viewers.

That wasn’t enough for AMC to want a second season and the cable channel has now cancelled the series.

Of the cancellation decision, AMC released the following statement, “Rubicon’ gave us an opportunity to tell a rich and compelling story, and we’re proud of the series. This was not an easy decision, but we are grateful to have had the opportunity to work with such a phenomenally talented and dedicated team.”

The 13th and final episode of Rubicon aired on October 17th.

What do you think? Are you sorry to hear that it’s been cancelled? What would you liked to have seen in season two?

Sandra Karbowski December 5, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Hello Again,
I would like to purchase the First season-Cannot Find, Amazon is Out -we would love to See the Ending to this Fantastic Show…… I know I am a few years too late.

Sandra Karbowski December 5, 2014 at 9:27 pm

Hello,
We have been looking for Rubicon for a while, not knowing that it was canceled. We loved the show…Please reconsider putting the show back on.WHy Would you leave Everyone hanging????????

cann April 14, 2014 at 6:47 pm

I just watched season 1 on amazon prime. The series held my interest. AMC should reconsider since many shows airing on cable or T.V. are poorly done.

nicol March 17, 2014 at 6:08 am

It’s possible I suppose, that the reasons stated for ending ‘Rubicon’, are valid to a degree. But, I also believe that the show perhaps got too close to reality, where a cabal of individuals in and out of the United States Government actually were and still are (Military/Industrial/and Ideological Complex) playing such deadly games, of Power and Greed with little or no concern for people or the environment to this day.

BarbL October 19, 2013 at 3:53 am

I’m really mad. Why can’t we ever have decent TV in this country? MI-5 lasted for years, as did other shows of that caliber on BBC-TV.
Corporations ruin everything here!

Mammag May 11, 2013 at 12:09 pm

The reason it was cancelled was because it hit “too close to home” if you know what I mean. I loved that show and it is too bad that quality television has been replaced with “mindless” sitcoms and reality television.

Ziggi08 November 27, 2012 at 11:15 am

Really enjoyed this series and I’m finding it difficult to obtain the boxset here in the UK!

val November 19, 2012 at 11:57 pm

OMG! this is a very good show. to bad. i hope some one will pick up this show, i was always perched on my easy chair with this one.

Mark November 17, 2012 at 9:20 am

I’m late getting to this, but I find it frustrating that quality shows can’t seem to make their way in the land of “The Simpsons”! Rubicon represented a fresh and welcome look to American TV programming, and it is a crying shame that it is no longer available to us! We have fewer and fewer reasons to turn on our TV sets.

Dave November 13, 2012 at 5:34 pm

Oh, it was such a great serie….why doesn’t ever any other station pick it up? If you are a smart channel you would pick this up, together with for example alcatraz and men of a certain age and you would have perfect shows!