Rules of Engagement: Cancelled, No Season Eight

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT renewedThe venerable sitcom has been cancelled after seven seasons on the air. No season eight for Rules of Engagement.

The cancellation doesn’t come as a surprise. The ratings have been down this year and a couple of the actors had been cast in other projects. If CBS and the studio wanted to bring it back for year eight, they’d have to renegotiate contracts which wouldn’t have been cheap.

The series finale, which will also be the 100th episode, airs on Monday, May 20th.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Rules has been cancelled or is the timing right?

Neelam January 24, 2015 at 1:03 am

I love this show. I can’t believe they cancelled such a funny show. I’m totally disappointed!!

Bryan January 20, 2015 at 8:32 am

I too amd upset they discontinued the show. Seems like they do it on purpose. So what if they cast require more money.Thats just the price you have to pay in order to make a good show.

Dexter January 7, 2015 at 1:43 pm

I recently bought a Roku and found this show on Netflix. Watched every episode and cant for the life of me figure out how the execs thought it was I a good idea to cancel the show. I mean, Russell and Timmy married!! Come on, that’s three more seasons right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too bad the execs cant see passed their wallets.

Anonymous January 7, 2015 at 3:29 pm

I can’t agree with you more! The network takes very good quality shows such as ROE and replace them with something that will fatten their wallets more. I think they could have gone as far as 12 seasons or maybe more. I am so upset with the network just yanking the show without a show finale. The cast and crew deserved so much more than this.
Another couple if newer sitcoms got the same slap in the face, Sean Saves The World and The Millers! Both of these shows were extremely hilarious and SSTW was dumped in the 1st season and The Millers got the news during their 2nd season. The networks only care about the bigger profits, that’s why crap like so many reality shows are taking the place of good sitcoms/dramas.

Debbie L. December 27, 2014 at 11:56 pm

This has been one of my top comedies! I am now watching reruns of it (that’s something I never do) because I miss the show and great cast. What makes me mad is the networks get rid of really good shows and replace them with this garbage they call reality shows. The cost of making a reality show is far less than doing a show with actors. Therefore saving the networks much more money to line the executives pockets. They don’t give a crap about the fans of the shows or the actors.

John December 5, 2014 at 8:52 am

My favorite show, Hate that its over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serena November 22, 2014 at 2:52 pm

Please please please bring it back I only started watching it and I love it please bring it back it’s so funny please :-)

Mansion Parker November 12, 2014 at 5:09 pm

I love this show, I’m so sad it is canceled I want to see baby che get bigger and I want to see the new baby to come and I’m sure Adam and Jen will have one of their own. They could do so many more seasons how they left it. I think I speak for us all when I say they need to bring this awesome show back for many more seasons. I know I would watch it! Really miss this show.

Donna DeFreest November 4, 2014 at 4:03 pm

I love this show I truly think it was the funniest show on tv. So glad netflix has it on I have watched every episode at least twice.

Jacob Womack October 28, 2014 at 5:52 am

The actors should be given at least one to two more seasons to seal the deal, the ending was good but upsetting at the same time. Hope they renegotiate contracts sooner than later, gonna miss you guys!

debbie October 27, 2014 at 6:10 pm

i love this show!! this is one of the funniest shows. it is so sad it was cancelled!! they should bring it back even if they have to negotiate contracts. please bring this show back. i love all of the characters.

Jackie October 21, 2014 at 8:12 am

Can’t believe this show is being cancelled :( One of my favourite shows, always made me laugh…not happy!

Leslie Walker October 15, 2014 at 3:50 am

Come on I absolutely love rules of engagement sadface don’t end make like 2 more seasons.