Rules of Engagement: Cancelled, No Season Eight

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT renewedThe venerable sitcom has been cancelled after seven seasons on the air. No season eight for Rules of Engagement.

The cancellation doesn’t come as a surprise. The ratings have been down this year and a couple of the actors had been cast in other projects. If CBS and the studio wanted to bring it back for year eight, they’d have to renegotiate contracts which wouldn’t have been cheap.

The series finale, which will also be the 100th episode, airs on Monday, May 20th.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Rules has been cancelled or is the timing right?

Mansion Parker November 12, 2014 at 5:09 pm

I love this show, I’m so sad it is canceled I want to see baby che get bigger and I want to see the new baby to come and I’m sure Adam and Jen will have one of their own. They could do so many more seasons how they left it. I think I speak for us all when I say they need to bring this awesome show back for many more seasons. I know I would watch it! Really miss this show.

Donna DeFreest November 4, 2014 at 4:03 pm

I love this show I truly think it was the funniest show on tv. So glad netflix has it on I have watched every episode at least twice.

Jacob Womack October 28, 2014 at 5:52 am

The actors should be given at least one to two more seasons to seal the deal, the ending was good but upsetting at the same time. Hope they renegotiate contracts sooner than later, gonna miss you guys!

debbie October 27, 2014 at 6:10 pm

i love this show!! this is one of the funniest shows. it is so sad it was cancelled!! they should bring it back even if they have to negotiate contracts. please bring this show back. i love all of the characters.

Jackie October 21, 2014 at 8:12 am

Can’t believe this show is being cancelled :( One of my favourite shows, always made me laugh…not happy!

Leslie Walker October 15, 2014 at 3:50 am

Come on I absolutely love rules of engagement sadface don’t end make like 2 more seasons.