Rules of Engagement: Cancelled, No Season Eight

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT renewedThe venerable sitcom has been cancelled after seven seasons on the air. No season eight for Rules of Engagement.

The cancellation doesn’t come as a surprise. The ratings have been down this year and a couple of the actors had been cast in other projects. If CBS and the studio wanted to bring it back for year eight, they’d have to renegotiate contracts which wouldn’t have been cheap.

The series finale, which will also be the 100th episode, airs on Monday, May 20th.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Rules has been cancelled or is the timing right?

Viking July 26, 2014 at 7:30 pm

Why on eath would you cancel this show and replace it with some stupid show that won`t be funny?People at CBS don`t do their job properly!

Anonymous July 8, 2014 at 6:19 pm

This is one of my favourites! I really wish they weren’t cancelling it! :(

Cameron July 8, 2014 at 1:32 pm

NO!!! I freaking love this show. I hate to hear about it being canceled because I had just found out about it. I’m gonna miss it. Season 8 would have been amazing.

Cj July 3, 2014 at 7:58 pm

I am so upset that this show has been canceled I loved watching it it made me laugh every minute of each episode

Murphy July 3, 2014 at 12:10 pm

This show could have been as good as friends.

jenn June 25, 2014 at 3:26 pm

Canceling this show was a HUGE mistake! Between the hilarious puns and the adequate acting, it will be hard to even come close to replacing. It was not only entertaining but also hit home with a lot of the things we go through in our lives. Don’t get me wrong, the last episode was fantastic! Which also opened it up for a new and better season..until it was cancelled. Yeah we had How I Met Your Mother, and the newer more “modern” sitcom, Friends With Better Lives, but none comes close to the humor and character connection that this show had!

Georgia June 24, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Gutted love this show . Problem is its not advertised right.

Denise Lewis June 20, 2014 at 12:20 am

This has become my favorite show, so sorry bit has been cancelled.
Now I have to find a nothing show. Not sure if I will find something as funny !

Joseph Garner June 17, 2014 at 4:28 pm

That was one of the best shows I ever seen in my life I think the option that you guys made the cancel that show is vey stupid and it should be
punishment for CBS

jerry June 17, 2014 at 7:39 am

I LOVE this show and it should stay around for more than just 7 years. I would like to keep it for at least 10 years because it is so hard to find a show that keeps you laughing through the entire episode. PLEASE bring it back.

Gary June 17, 2014 at 7:01 am

This show could be another Seinfeld. Great writing, with great actors. Hate to see it go. Why are so many stupid shows on and they take quality off.