Rules of Engagement: Cancelled, No Season Eight

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT renewedThe venerable sitcom has been cancelled after seven seasons on the air. No season eight for Rules of Engagement.

The cancellation doesn’t come as a surprise. The ratings have been down this year and a couple of the actors had been cast in other projects. If CBS and the studio wanted to bring it back for year eight, they’d have to renegotiate contracts which wouldn’t have been cheap.

The series finale, which will also be the 100th episode, airs on Monday, May 20th.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Rules has been cancelled or is the timing right?

Matthew May 18, 2013 at 12:10 am

It’s BS that they cancel this great show when Two and a half men cleary needs to go away!

Cissy May 16, 2013 at 11:12 pm

So disappointed. The show has provided me and my husband with so many awesome lines that we quote to each other. It’s like losing friends. Hope all the actors find better shows and they better give them a good send off!!’

Linda May 15, 2013 at 1:13 am

Shoot…I love these people…even the skivy David Spade character…you mean we’re not even going to see the arrival of the surrogate baby??? Why does everything have to be stupid reality shows…this was great…hope to see all the actors in something else soon!

Dan May 18, 2013 at 1:07 am

@Linda and everyone else concerned. (Spoiler alert)

The final episode of the season and the series titled 100th, wraps up the series nicely. Apparently the producers figured that the show was ending (especially with the cast moving on to other projects) So the finale will feature the arrival of Jeff and Audrey’s baby, Adam and Jen’s long awaited wedding as well as the reconciliation of Timmy and Russell.

In other words, Rules of Engagement will get a proper series finale.

frances smih May 14, 2013 at 10:50 am

rules of engagement was best show on tv next to big bang theory.I will really,really,really miss it.soooooofunnyand cleaver

Mastermind May 14, 2013 at 1:29 am

I will miss this show. I liked when they added Timmy as a regular. Spade treated him like Sh*t but he kept it together.

gigi May 13, 2013 at 11:22 pm

This really stinks; television has so few shows that catch our interest anymore. We are always watching reruns of Frasier, or even the sixties and seventies sitcoms in order to have something funny to watch. Must have seen every episode of MASH several times. ‘Rules’ had great characters and actors, and I am going to miss it very much. I agree Jeff brought a lot of funny to the show, but so did David Spade, Timmy, Adam, and Jennifer. Bronx raspberries to the networks!

Frank May 12, 2013 at 6:34 am

Rules of Engagement is one of the funniest shows on TV. Between Putty, David Spade and his assistant – it was as clever as anything “network tv” has these days. Oh well, they just keep pushing me back to cable — History channel is brilliant. Vikings was one of the best shows of the year. Ragnar character was one of the best in recent history. This or the Bible series or Counting Cars or Pawn Stars, etc. all great shows. Even TruTV – with Hardcore Pawn has grown on me and Lizard Lick Towing his hilariously “fun” entertainment.

Instead all we get from network is CSI: whatever city … just keep churning out the same old junk. Oh well… their days are numbered. With all these cable networks really stepping up their game and IPTV gaining traction….

dave May 12, 2013 at 5:35 am

shame its gone. i hope they give it a proper ending now they know its cancelled.

Rhonda May 11, 2013 at 11:17 pm

I love Patrick Warburton on this show. He made it funny. Why do they always have to cancel the funny good shows.

Jodie May 11, 2013 at 10:17 pm

BOO for cancelling another good show. Refuse to watch “reality tv.” Will give up tv first.

Tyra May 11, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Booooo, love the show.

john May 11, 2013 at 4:33 pm

I agree with Flow great show wasted, this why I watch very little regular tv.The clowns running the networks are morons and don’t know a well written and well acted show.A real shame

Craig May 11, 2013 at 4:21 pm

I still liked the show, but I never liked Adam as an idiot. He was much funnier the first couple of seasons.

Flo May 11, 2013 at 11:52 am

While I am sorry to see it go, I think the timing is good. It would be hard to imagine Jeff & Audrey as parents or Adam & Jen as a married couple after all this time. I really don’t think CBS gave this show a fair shot though when they kept turning it in to a mid-season replacement, they did that to King of Queens too and killed it. The networks need to go back to the old way, everything started in the fall, no re-runs until the full season was over with. TV sucks anymore!

holland May 11, 2013 at 5:22 am