Rules of Engagement: Cancelled, No Season Eight

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT renewedThe venerable sitcom has been cancelled after seven seasons on the air. No season eight for Rules of Engagement.

The cancellation doesn’t come as a surprise. The ratings have been down this year and a couple of the actors had been cast in other projects. If CBS and the studio wanted to bring it back for year eight, they’d have to renegotiate contracts which wouldn’t have been cheap.

The series finale, which will also be the 100th episode, airs on Monday, May 20th.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Rules has been cancelled or is the timing right?

Frank June 8, 2013 at 10:52 am

I’ll miss the show–it was quite funny, but at least they wrapped up loose ends and put together a good finale. Like Seinfeld, ROE was getting a little long in the tooth and the characters were becoming caricatures.

Rlr June 5, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Loved Rules. Will miss it.

lawrence senior June 5, 2013 at 7:14 am

‘For me one of the funniest comedy shows of all time, sad to see it end, R.O.E R.I.P.

Lori June 1, 2013 at 12:36 am

This show has been one of my all time favorites. I’m sad to see it come to an end. If there is any way CBS or even another channel could bring it back it would be amazing! If there is anyone out there that can make it happen, please do!!!!

julie May 27, 2013 at 11:18 pm

I can’t believe CBS would cancel a great ; fun show. It was about time there was a fun adult humerus show; we could watch and enjoy. I have seen every episode and enjoyed everyone. Shame on you CBS. Ratings yea. I’ll still watch refund on CW.

Diana May 26, 2013 at 12:39 am

I can’t believe it!!! This show rocks. Thanks cbs

Carrie May 24, 2013 at 11:30 am

Dang every time a good show is on they fricking cancel it. I just watched the 100th episode and so excited that Audrey was Pregnant and now they cancel it. I think I should just quit watching TV. Ugh makes me so dang mad!!!!! :(

mats May 22, 2013 at 3:15 pm

This is the best show currently running – how can you cancel it? It´s REALLY hurting me !!! Soo sad now !!!

karen May 22, 2013 at 12:34 pm

This sucks! They always cancel the good show

Pam May 21, 2013 at 7:07 pm

I love rules of engagement. Why take off the best show on TV. The actors are the best!!! I never missed rules now I never get to see it again!!! This just can’t be so. I am going to miss this show terribly. I will hope for a miracle that someone comes to their senses and saves this show.

rosa May 21, 2013 at 3:28 pm

I watched that show religiously!! I am sooooooooooooooooo sad that they
cancelled it…watched last night’s episode and cried…..now that everyone is in a
happy place they go and cancel?
why do you they do that???
bring back RULES OF ENGAGEMENT!!

Lindsey May 21, 2013 at 1:31 am

I’m sad the show is cancelled. This was my favorite show running. Bring it back for an 8th season please!!!

Steve May 21, 2013 at 12:22 am

Soooooooo bummed! Great show! How does two broke girls get renewed? Rules of engagement smokes that show.

Melva Brunt May 20, 2013 at 11:05 pm

I am so sorry this show is ending. I just can’t believe it. Why do they cancel such great comedies?? It was a great final show though. I appreciate that they ended it so well.

Cheryl May 20, 2013 at 9:02 pm

I am soo sad this show is over. I love them all . I just watched final episode , could go on for quite a few more seasons….. just saying