Rules of Engagement: Cancelled, No Season Eight

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT renewedThe venerable sitcom has been cancelled after seven seasons on the air. No season eight for Rules of Engagement.

The cancellation doesn’t come as a surprise. The ratings have been down this year and a couple of the actors had been cast in other projects. If CBS and the studio wanted to bring it back for year eight, they’d have to renegotiate contracts which wouldn’t have been cheap.

The series finale, which will also be the 100th episode, airs on Monday, May 20th.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Rules has been cancelled or is the timing right?

belgium March 10, 2014 at 11:05 am

Just discovered the show a few days ago and LOVED it. Its one of the better sitcoms I watched lately wich made me watch 7 years of tv in a few days =D
Very sad to see the show taken off the air.

Michelle Patterson Oliveira March 5, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Please, pretty please bring it back. I love this show. But, my 33 keeps playing someone’s over & over. Can you start it from the very beginning and play in order. Thanks

Louise Parry February 25, 2014 at 10:22 am

Iam very disappointed that thay are not bring a season 8 I love the programme there is not enough comedy on now thay should bring it back its a very entertaining programme

Pennie Lane February 17, 2014 at 7:11 pm

This show was my favorite. I can’t believe they bring back mindless dribble like Honey Booboo, Mafia Housewives and so many other horrible reality shows. This was one show that made me laugh please bring it back.

Kim February 13, 2014 at 4:16 pm

I was looking sooo forward to actually having a great sitcom come back on…..with all the crap they play now. This show was refreshing and every character got even screen time. The 2 shows I enjoyed most are gone and lately so is my love for CBS. CSI-NY with my favorite character Lieutenant Dan from Forest Grump, was also another heart-break!!! The new CSI is filled with a bunch of mismatched character that really SUCK!!! No chemistry just a hobcobble of boring and washed up actors….funny CBS use to set a standard for tv viewing, but not so much now. You have lost yet another loyal watcher, but it seems these days the networks just don’t care what we think, do they?

Anonymous April 1, 2014 at 10:18 am

I totally agree with you. I used to watch CBS more than any other network, but, now the programming is terrible for the most part. Two and a Half Men is terrible now without Charlie Sheen and now Rules of Engagement has been canceled too.

Lynn Williams February 13, 2014 at 1:47 am

I am really disappointed in CBS cancelling ROE! Maybe the ratings would have risen if you could have kept it in the same time slot and day for more than a minute! One of my favorite shows, pretty bummed it was canceled.

valerie boyd February 12, 2014 at 7:54 pm

Best comedy show ever. I watch it every night. I have all the seasons and they make me laugh even though I know what is coming. Best cast around. Hard to believe the crap that they keep on TV yet get rid of one of the best written shows ever. I think that TNT or someone like them should pick it up and bring back the laughs.

dez February 7, 2014 at 8:26 pm

I loved this show , well me an my husbend both did. we were waiting for it to come back .
this cast is werth the money! they bring the endless funny life.

michelle February 3, 2014 at 6:18 pm

Please bring back rules of engagement the new series will brilliant!

Amy February 8, 2014 at 8:38 am

I totally agree!! Definitely should bring it back! CBS has cancelled to many good shows!

crissy January 30, 2014 at 1:07 am

BRING IT BACK! I JUSY FINISHED ALL 7 SEASONS IN 3 WEEKS! ITS ALL I WATCHED!!! I neeeeed to know what happens as a family!

Brittany January 29, 2014 at 9:24 pm

Please bring the series back!! I love this show and was really looking forward to season 8. I watch it every time it’s on. Please bring it back.

Daleen January 29, 2014 at 7:11 am

This is by far the best series next to “friends” that could have ever been made. Not cool for cancelling the show, every character has been well received and I really am sad that all I will have of Rules are the re-runs of every episode.

You guys where awesome, I am really sad that you will not be in my daily routine anymore and yet to say I will not be able to watch anything regarding these characters as their characters has blown me away in rules of engagement and the thought of seeing you play another role just makes me sad for the re-runs on days in.
Great run and God’s speed.

Teresa January 25, 2014 at 2:55 pm

I love this show. Please bring it back. Season 8 will be great! The baby, Russel and Timmy is married, motherhood for Audrey, Brenda baby weight maybe or a relationship, Jen and Adams real wedding, Liz. It is endless PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

Anonymous February 9, 2014 at 3:16 pm

Only have seen half of season 7 and fell in love with the show BRING IT BACK CBS

Kriss January 25, 2014 at 9:50 am

That really sucks. This was a great show and adding sarah larue and a bsny would have opened up so many great story lines. There was also the wedding of jenn and adam to look forward to. A ehole season or 2 watching them plan it. Also love david spade and russell. His and sarahs characters totally complete the group. Not to mention so many stories about how “caveman” jeff is with a baby. And the trials of being a new mom with audry. Its like friends ( during last season), seinfeld, happy endings ,the new old christine, cougartown, and men at work all rolled into one! Shame on you for taking it away !! Pay those people what they deserve and get them back on the air. Hey TBS are you listening????

SLEEPY January 25, 2014 at 6:38 am