Rules of Engagement: Cancelled, No Season Eight

RULES OF ENGAGEMENT renewedThe venerable sitcom has been cancelled after seven seasons on the air. No season eight for Rules of Engagement.

The cancellation doesn’t come as a surprise. The ratings have been down this year and a couple of the actors had been cast in other projects. If CBS and the studio wanted to bring it back for year eight, they’d have to renegotiate contracts which wouldn’t have been cheap.

The series finale, which will also be the 100th episode, airs on Monday, May 20th.

What do you think? Are you sorry that Rules has been cancelled or is the timing right?

Canceled and renewed TV show

217 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. belgium says

Just discovered the show a few days ago and LOVED it. Its one of the better sitcoms I watched lately wich made me watch 7 years of tv in a few days =D
    Very sad to see the show taken off the air.

2. Michelle Patterson Oliveira says

Please, pretty please bring it back. I love this show. But, my 33 keeps playing someone’s over & over. Can you start it from the very beginning and play in order. Thanks

3. Louise Parry says

Iam very disappointed that thay are not bring a season 8 I love the programme there is not enough comedy on now thay should bring it back its a very entertaining programme

4. Pennie Lane says

This show was my favorite. I can’t believe they bring back mindless dribble like Honey Booboo, Mafia Housewives and so many other horrible reality shows. This was one show that made me laugh please bring it back.

5. Kim says

I was looking sooo forward to actually having a great sitcom come back on…..with all the crap they play now. This show was refreshing and every character got even screen time. The 2 shows I enjoyed most are gone and lately so is my love for CBS. CSI-NY with my favorite character Lieutenant Dan from Forest Grump, was also another heart-break!!! The new CSI is filled with a bunch of mismatched character that really SUCK!!! No chemistry just a hobcobble of boring and washed up actors….funny CBS use to set a standard for tv viewing, but not so much now. You have lost yet another loyal watcher, but it seems these days the networks just don’t care what we think, do they?

• Anonymous says

I totally agree with you. I used to watch CBS more than any other network, but, now the programming is terrible for the most part. Two and a Half Men is terrible now without Charlie Sheen and now Rules of Engagement has been canceled too.

6. Lynn Williams says

I am really disappointed in CBS cancelling ROE! Maybe the ratings would have risen if you could have kept it in the same time slot and day for more than a minute! One of my favorite shows, pretty bummed it was canceled.

7. valerie boyd says

Best comedy show ever. I watch it every night. I have all the seasons and they make me laugh even though I know what is coming. Best cast around. Hard to believe the crap that they keep on TV yet get rid of one of the best written shows ever. I think that TNT or someone like them should pick it up and bring back the laughs.

8. dez says

I loved this show , well me an my husbend both did. we were waiting for it to come back .
    this cast is werth the money! they bring the endless funny life.

9. crissy says

BRING IT BACK! I JUSY FINISHED ALL 7 SEASONS IN 3 WEEKS! ITS ALL I WATCHED!!! I neeeeed to know what happens as a family!

10. Brittany says

Please bring the series back!! I love this show and was really looking forward to season 8. I watch it every time it’s on. Please bring it back.

11. Daleen says

This is by far the best series next to “friends” that could have ever been made. Not cool for cancelling the show, every character has been well received and I really am sad that all I will have of Rules are the re-runs of every episode.

You guys where awesome, I am really sad that you will not be in my daily routine anymore and yet to say I will not be able to watch anything regarding these characters as their characters has blown me away in rules of engagement and the thought of seeing you play another role just makes me sad for the re-runs on days in.
    Great run and God’s speed.

12. Teresa says

I love this show. Please bring it back. Season 8 will be great! The baby, Russel and Timmy is married, motherhood for Audrey, Brenda baby weight maybe or a relationship, Jen and Adams real wedding, Liz. It is endless PLEASE BRING IT BACK!

13. Kriss says

That really sucks. This was a great show and adding sarah larue and a bsny would have opened up so many great story lines. There was also the wedding of jenn and adam to look forward to. A ehole season or 2 watching them plan it. Also love david spade and russell. His and sarahs characters totally complete the group. Not to mention so many stories about how “caveman” jeff is with a baby. And the trials of being a new mom with audry. Its like friends ( during last season), seinfeld, happy endings ,the new old christine, cougartown, and men at work all rolled into one! Shame on you for taking it away !! Pay those people what they deserve and get them back on the air. Hey TBS are you listening????