Rules of Engagement

Rules of Engagement Network: CBS
Episodes: 100 (half-hour)
Seasons: Seven

TV show dates: February 5, 2007 — May 20, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Megyn Price, Patrick Warburton, Bianca Kajlich, Oliver Hudson, David Spade, Andrew Aguilar, Heather Locklear, Richard McGonagle, Sharon Brathwaite, Candace Kroslak, Sean Abbott, Katie Cleary, Vera Kopp, and Diane Sellers.

TV show description:
A look at the different phases of relationships, as seen through the eyes of newly engaged couple Adam (Oliver Hudson) and Jennifer (Bianca Kajlich), long-time married pair Jeff (Patrick Warburton) and Audrey (Megyn Price), and single guy on the prowl Russell (David Spade).

They discover that relationships are like a roller coaster — people can describe the ride to you, but you really have to experience the ups, downs, and thrills for yourself.

Series Finale:
Episode #100 — 100th
Surrogate Brenda gives birth so Audrey and Jeff will have their baby, Shea. Actually, they’ll have two babies because they discover that Audrey is now pregnant.

The wedding of Adam and Jennifer is interrupted by the birth so Adam arranges an impromptu ceremony in the hospital.

Russell is to blame for a bureaucratic glitch that causes Timmy’s work visa to expire. In a rare selfless act, Russell proposes to Timmy and marries him so that he can stay in the country.
First aired: May 20, 2013

What do you think? Do you like the Rules of Engagement TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for another season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

68 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Jean k says

I think it’s one of best & funniest sitcom
    I even watch the reruns on CW, TBS and WGN
    I really hate to see it go.

2. Kenny Rosen says

Few shows make a name for themselves but those that do have one thing in common: character development and good writing. This show has what it takes. I’d love to see it get the longevity it deserves. I guess we’ll be stuck with more reality shows. Whoopee.

3. ZEPHYRA says

I just read that ‘Rules Of Engagement’ has been cancelled. Please say it isn’t so! It’s one of the best comedies on TV and highly underrated. Promote it more, if anything. I cannot go on without Warburton (Jeff & formerly Puddy on Seinfeld) or Spade (Russell)! Actually, the entire cast is perfect and I love them all. I have never missed an episode and will continue to watch as long as it stays on the air. Don’t deprive us!

4. says

I certainly hope CBS is considering renewing Rules of Engagement.I have always loved
    this show and I think all the actors do a wonderful job bringing comedy into the living rooms across the country. I would hate to see this show end and something else replaces it.
    It’s one night a week I can watch 2 great shows Rules of engagement and the Big Bang Theory.

5. Sandra says

My husband and I just discovered this show a few months ago we watch the reruns every chance we get. We love it! Can’t wait to see new episodes

6. Lisa says

My husband and I love this show. We so hope that it gets renewed.
    With so many stupid shows on tv … This ones a winner – please keep it coming.

7. Jan says

Are you kidding me? What’s to think about?! Great writing (although I’m not sure that the baby was the way to go), and the characters complement each other perfectly. This show makes me laugh. Bring it back!

8. jen says

Rules of Engagement is hilarious, I truly hope it’s not being cancelled, what a disappointment that would be. The powers that be really need to rethink a decision to cancel this one especially since there is so much crap on tv as it is.

9. Julia says

This is a great show! It needs to be put back on ASAP please! The characters are hilarious, especially Jeff/Patrick Warburton.