Running Wilde: Will Arnett’s New Sitcom; Cancel or Keep It?

Running WildeMany believe that Arrested Development is one of the best sitcoms in TV history. Part of that can be attributed to the talents of Will Arnett. He’s now back on FOX with a new show called Running Wilde. Will it last longer than Development did?

Running Wilde revolves around a spoiled playboy (Arnett) who’s in love with a beautiful environmental activist (Keri Russell). Both try to change the other to see their point of view.

The rest of the cast includes Mel Rodriguez, Peter Serafinowicz, Robert Michael Morris, Stefania Owen, and David Cross.

What do you think of Running Wilde?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

The first episode garnered a disappointing 2.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 5.6 million viewers. That put the new series in fourth place in both categories.

It lost more than 20% of its lead-in audience from Raising Hope and almost 10% of viewers didn’t watch the whole episode.

The show’s future will ultimately be decided over the next several weeks but this wasn’t a good start and certainly doesn’t bode well for its future.

So, what do you think? Is Running Wilde a show that you’d watch, week after week? Keep it or cancel it?

Darren December 7, 2010 at 12:35 pm

This show is fantastic. I love the humor, the irony, the silliness, it is jut a real fun show. PLEASE, DO NOT CANCEL!

Diana November 21, 2010 at 3:15 pm

I love this show except for Keri Russell. She comes off flat, no cleverness, boring. I realize it’s the writing, not her, but I’m disappointed in her role every week. I was really pulling for this show b/c of Will Arnett’s genius but I couldn’t understand why they made her role so blah.

nala November 19, 2010 at 7:03 pm

I only discovered this show a few weeks ago (that’s why I’m posting a mont late) and I loved it. It was funny and silly and wonderful.

Gretchen Gill November 14, 2010 at 1:12 am

I would really like FOX to give this show longer to develop an audience and for the characters to establish themselves.
Arrested Development continues to be my favorite show and this new vehicle has some wonderfully funny moments.
Hollywood is so impatient, did they not learn from Seinfeld? That show took awhile and now it is an iconic opus that has informed a lot of our cultural lexicon.
Mitch Hurwitz is clever and funny!
Besides, I have grown attached to the show and will not watch FOX if they pull this.

Rachael October 28, 2010 at 8:26 pm

I love this show. I really hope it makes it! Give it a chance.

jack October 20, 2010 at 9:39 pm

CANCEL THIS SHOW IS SO BORING AND NOT FUNNY IS JUST WASTE OF TIME TO WATCH THIS. CANCEL PLEASE

Shane Anderson October 14, 2010 at 2:54 am

For those of you who have not given this show it’s fair chance…you are probably all ill-educated. Its this ignorance that keeps “Dancing with the Stars”, “Desperate Housewives”, and so much other lesser-quality programming than “Arrested Development” on the air. A disgrace, and nations abroad have a right to be appalled. We have lost our aesthetic edge and will never get it back. We are sinking.

Susan October 7, 2010 at 11:41 am

Can’t believe Keri Russell signed on for this disaster. Just another sign of a lousy economy on all income levels !!!!!!!!!

Marie November 24, 2010 at 9:52 am

Keri Russell is the only weak point in the show.

lana franklin October 5, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Hey, I think this show is awesome. Will Arnett is doing a bang up job carrying this show. Its humor is on point, and I think it will be interesting to see how the writers develop Steve’s character over time. I think it’s funny, and I love the moral to the story. It’s a love story that’s quick and witty. We need more sitcoms during prime time!!

Josh B. October 5, 2010 at 1:07 pm

Seriously, people need to give this show a chance! Im a die-hard Arrested Development fan but Im not the type of fan that spurts out “Oh man, dude, Running Wilde isnt Arrested Development, like at all!”….you know why its not Arrested Development? Because its NOT Arrested Development, it’s its own show! The awkwardness, sharp humor, not to mention the hilarious genius of Will Arnett, David Corss, & Peter Serafinowicz! Its seems people nowadays need sitcom-y humor (including a lame laugh track) or expect to be laughing at every word that comes out of the actors’ mouth. I love that this show has great humor as well as heart. Stop trying to compare it to AD (which started shaky too in its first run), and give it a chance to thrive!

rocklady September 30, 2010 at 11:01 am

Worst tv show in years!!