Running Wilde: FOX Not Ordering Back Nine Episodes, Cancelled?

Running WildeTo no surprise, FOX has officially decided not to order any more episodes of Running Wilde. While the Will Arnett sitcom has not been officially cancelled, with ratings this bad, there’s no reason for the network to order season two.

Running Wilde debuted to a 2.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic and 5.59 million viewers. The next week’s installment dropped more than 20% in the demo and the numbers continued to tumble each week, hitting a 1.1 rating low. The numbers perked up a little after that but they’re still terrible.

The sitcom has been benched for November sweeps and but is scheduled to return on November 30th. The network has seven original episodes and will air them all before the end of the year on selected Tuesday and Sunday nights. You’ll be able to see them on November 30th and December 7th (Tuesdays), December 12th, 19th and 26th (Sundays), and December 28th (Tuesday). Two episodes will air on the 28th as the “Winter finale.”

There are no plans to bring Running Wilde back to primetime right now and, based on the ratings, the network has no reason to want do so. Fans can however catch repeats on Saturday nights at midnight.

What do you think? What went wrong with Running Wilde? Simply not funny or something else?

Luis September 22, 2011 at 9:51 pm

I love this show, I am so bummed they stopped it, hopefully another network will give them a chance and for that quote from that girl they actually got more and more connected towards the end of the show….. this is very depressing btw if anyone has netflix they offer all 13 episodes.

Dawn June 15, 2011 at 5:35 am

Loved this show!! Had good hearty laughs every episode. Took me 1or 2shows to warm up to the bizarre nature of it. Puddle was too grimy at first but that improved over time…or did I just warm up to her? Witty, different, creative, fun show with a fresh concept. I’m sad that it’s gone.

Anonymous May 26, 2011 at 5:53 pm

I love it!
bring it back!!

leslie May 14, 2011 at 10:37 pm

This is one of the funniest sitcoms in a long time! I watched on sidereel, not on fox, and I stayed up watching every episode I could find that night! I am still waiting for the rest! A big mistake FOX just like when they canceled Family Guy!!!! Stupid,Stupid mistake! Give it a chance!

Janice April 25, 2011 at 5:44 pm

I thought it was a funny show!

HeatherC April 24, 2011 at 4:50 pm

I watched it and found it dry and lacking, but could never put my finger on what was lacking. Kerri Russell and Will Arnette were great together, maybe not enough action. Was a bit slow moving. I basically watched it to see footage of the Sands Point Hempstead House. I was married there.

Jess March 10, 2011 at 7:00 pm

This show was hilarious. Probably one of the better shows on TV. Honestly talk about ratings, most of the junk that FOX puts out is absolute garbage, I mean how is American Dad still running?? Most sitcoms are pretty unfunny, hence why they add the “audience laughter” in the background. But Running Wilde had a great script and phenomenal acting. Admittedly the plot doesn’t and can’t really thicken but come on, Seinfeld never had a plot and it was brilliant. FOX definitely didn’t want this show to succeed. Those rating aren’t that bad, considering some of the other shows out there that get bought for a 10th season with the same steady 0.5 million viewers. And I wasn’t even a huge Arrested Development fan. Atleast finish off the 1st season, on DVD for all I care.

glory warren March 6, 2011 at 12:05 pm

i liked it but i watched on hulu. i never watch tv on the tv…..

Deanna February 27, 2011 at 6:05 pm

Unfortunately, the premise was not strong and Keri Russell’s character was a total downer. That character made people who want to help others, recycle, and live a quality life seem like “stick in the muds” with no hope of true happiness, love or laughter. It also made people with money seem shallow and over-privileged. There were funny moments, and in another premise, I think Keri Russell and Will Arnett are enormously talented actors and I wish them well. This show just wasn’t the vehicle to suit them. I would love to see Will on Parks and Recreation again. I look forward to what’s next for these actors!

Chris February 24, 2011 at 3:50 pm

What are you smoking? The “little girl” was one of the best characters on the show. If you want to talk characters who added nothing, I’d start with the Iranian neighbor. The show was told from the “little girl”‘s perspective and the narration was a nice touch. As for “great lead-ins”…I highly doubt Glee’s audience would’ve liked it. Now, if Will Arnett’s character had been in love with another man instead of a woman…

LetterAfterZ April 13, 2011 at 2:50 pm

No way! Fahad was the best character on the show!

Tina February 23, 2011 at 2:29 pm

An absolutely horrible show. I went into wanting to like it, but as soon as they began the narration by a little girl (that usually detailed things that we already knew or were actually seeing), I knew it was over.

When they promoted the show, they never showed the little girl, and for good reason–the character added nothing to the show. The premise was weak and monotonous: Billionaire bad boy does something wrong again and his environmental ex will dissaprove. They learn a little something about each other and then repeat it again next week.

With excellent lead ins like Glee and Raising Hope, this show should needed to be
better.

Love the writing and acting talent behind the show, but could not wait until it was cancelled.

DeeDee February 3, 2011 at 9:26 pm

Thought the show was very well done. Clever, funny, good casting. But you had to seek it out to watch it. I don’t think Fox wanted it to succeed as they didn’t promote it at all. I only discovered it by accident really and then had to set the DVR so that I wouldn’t miss an episode. Wish they actually aired the last 4 episodes instead of showing repeats of the first 9.

What is it with clever sitcoms that they don’t last. Arrested Development, Party Down, Running Wilde….

Mariah March 31, 2011 at 8:49 pm

This show caught my attention from the get-go, and if people weren’t hooked from the minute they saw the scene involving the little horse, I don’t know what’s wrong w/ them! FOX needs to get w/ it or they’ll be as bad as NBC!!! I’m sick n tired of networks not giving shows a chance. How is a show supposed to get a good following when they screw around w/ the schedule SOOOOO DAMN MUCH! NBC almost pulled the same crap w/ Parks & Rec (and SouthLand, for that matter), but the fans spoke up, and NOW look at it! Now-a-days, so many people watch shows online or through Netflix that I wonder how ratings really depict such a following. PLEASE bring Running Wilde back! I’ve been trying to figure out what the hell happened to it for so long! I recall the same thing happening to A.D., however, I was years into that show when they pulled the plug! Someone needs to talk some sense into these network execs!

leslie May 14, 2011 at 10:39 pm

I agree completely!

Rosie January 19, 2011 at 9:05 am

I thought his show was hilarious, i’m so bummed!!

Renee January 10, 2011 at 2:44 pm

I thought Running Wilde was hilarious, really LOL funny; I tuned in every week. Really sorry that it got cancelled.

Mitch January 9, 2011 at 4:48 am

Hey Mitch Hurwitz. MAKE THE DAMN ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT MOVIE. This pile of garbage you call a show wasn’t funny. People pretend it was because they want the AD movie. YOU’RE NEVER GONNA MAKE IT, I’VE LOST FAITH THAT YOU WILL & YOU ONLY SEEM TO USE THE IDEA OF IT TO PROMOTE YOUR LATEST CRAP. UNLESS YOU MAKE THE ARRESTED DEVLOPMENT MOVIE, YOUR CAREER IS OVER BOYO.