Rush: Season One Ratings

Rush TV show on USAUSA has done very well with Royal Pains, a show about a private doctor who treats the wealthy. Now, the cable channel is trying a different twist with Rush. Will this series be a success and run for many seasons as well or, will it be cancelled after one short year? Stay tuned to find out.

Rush revolves around a talented and handsome physician (Tom Ellis) who had it all — but then lost it in one fateful night. Six years later, he’s a private doctor who treats less-than-squeaky-clean clientele in Los Angeles. The rest of the cast includes Harry Hamlin, Larenz Tate, Odette Annable, and Sarah Habel.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

Final season averages: 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.65 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Rush TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

UPDATE: At the end of the season, how do things look for the Rush series?

Bill August 20, 2014 at 4:16 pm

Big Burn Notice fan, but this show is just as good IMO. This show has a lot potential, and I for one would like to see where it goes.

Linda August 19, 2014 at 8:52 am

Love! Love! Love!!!! This is show is edgy and different. Love the cast and Love!!! Love!!!
Tom Ellis – Do Not Cancel!!!

Jenna August 17, 2014 at 11:43 pm

I can’t believe the numbers dropped so dramatically in one week (8/14) . Who exactly are they polling? Everyone I know loves this show. Gosh I hope the don’t cancel it. I really like the show and look forward to it every week.

Mickey Grace August 17, 2014 at 8:20 am

1.Camera angle-10 pacing-10 storyline-10 acting-10 THERE IT IS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I PRONOUNCE RUSH THE BEST SHOW OF IT’S KIND “EVER”! Which probably means it’s gets cancelled this yr..Hope I’m wrong..I find myself on the edge of my seat waiting for the next episode…THIS SHOW IS THE BOMB :)

Becky August 15, 2014 at 3:10 am

Rush is actually the best show I have seen on TV and at 62 years old I’ve seen a hell of a lot of TV. As far as the cast goes…….perfection!

nemo f August 16, 2014 at 2:34 am

and at 52, I completely disagree

Becky August 22, 2014 at 5:15 pm

What types have been your favorite television shows? I am not trying to be snotty or anything just curious to know if there might be have anything in common that has been watched and liked on TV. Would you mind saying what you do not like about it…again not trying to be rude.

Becky Bishton

Beverly August 12, 2014 at 11:32 pm

I love this show. It’s like Royal Pain meets House. Please renew

Anonymous August 17, 2014 at 2:28 am

I think that it is a great series. Good story line and very good actors.
please don’t cancel the series.

rosey August 8, 2014 at 1:27 pm

I love this show so I hope it continues, being cable I say take it up a notch! Keep it goin!

Karen S. August 4, 2014 at 12:42 pm

My boyfriend and I really like this show and hope it doesn’t get cancelled. It reminds me of Nip/Tuck in a way, which was a show I really loved. I think Tom Ellis, and all the actors on the show, do a great job. I wish they would market this harder on BRAVO. I think all the folks that watch the Housewives Series would enjoy it.

Jennifer August 2, 2014 at 11:44 pm

I watched the first three episodes tonight. I didn’t mean to let them go this long but life got in the way of TV watching (!). I won’t say it is the best show on television or the best show I’ve ever seen. I will say that it is good enough and engaging enough to make me want to go back again for episode four and even look forward to it.

I personally have no problem with characters who are seriously flawed like Rush is here. Granted, his bad habits are habits that I myself would never be guilty of or approve of in anyone. But he doesn’t deny them. He owns them. We all have our flaws. Some people drink, some do drugs, some gamble, some have eating disorders, some people indulge in too much sex, some people lie. What might be an unforgivable flaw to one person is something that another wouldn’t give a second thought to. His flaws make him human just as the flaws of the main character in Rake made him human. I’d much rather see a character with “unforgivable flaws” on my screen than someone who is so perfect and straight and narrow that they are unbelievable. No one is perfect. No one is beyond temptation of whatever kind.

In William Rush I saw someone who has problems. We don’t know the full story of why those problems exist. If it was mere weakness of character or if there was something much deeper that drove them. If allowed, as this character and show progresses and grows, we will learn that, I do hope. I also see someone who, despite all those flaws, knows where to draw the line. He knows when something is too much for even him to condone.

nemo f July 31, 2014 at 1:40 pm

royal pains: the west coast azzhole edition is the best way I can describe this show.

William Robinson July 31, 2014 at 2:12 pm

ahh, so you liked it! I think that’s great.

nemo f August 2, 2014 at 12:35 am

not even close, watched about 20 to 30 minutes and turned it off.

Karen Nuzback July 27, 2014 at 1:08 pm

Love this show!! Congrats to USA. Love it ALMOST as much as Royal Pains.

Darlene Vincent July 27, 2014 at 12:59 pm

I missed the first show, tuned in to the second and tried to get through the first half hour. I couldn’t do it. It was a lot like Rake, where the protagonist does too much damage to himself when he is not working. I like my good guys to be better people than that, more like the people I hang out with in real life. They don’t do drugs (that I know of), gamble or drink profusely (again, that I know of). In other words, I just don’t want to see that on my TV screen on purpose, it’s just not entertaining to me.

vicki August 7, 2014 at 6:34 pm

I agree. It’s not entertainment to me.

Kat September 8, 2014 at 12:42 pm

I agree, just don’t like this show at all for the same reasons you gave.

Georgia July 27, 2014 at 7:31 am

Like this show! Very edgy and unique storyline. Will continue to watch! Hope it doesn’t get cancelled.

Randy Duncan July 27, 2014 at 1:17 am

I’m enjoying the show so far. I like the fast pace and the different situations presented on the show. The characters are interesting and I like the way the individual stories are wrapped up at thee end of the hour. Please don’t make it overly complicated because we want entertainment, not the Bible. I am seriously tired of Royal Pains

nemo f July 28, 2014 at 11:50 pm

and some of us don’t want non-stop gutter crawling either trying to mascarade as supposed entertainment

William July 26, 2014 at 11:30 pm

I’m really starting to get into the show. I like it a lot, and hope the vieworship goes up so it can be renewed.