Rush: Season One Ratings

Rush TV show on USAUSA has done very well with Royal Pains, a show about a private doctor who treats the wealthy. Now, the cable channel is trying a different twist with Rush. Will this series be a success and run for many seasons as well or, will it be cancelled after one short year? Stay tuned to find out.

Rush revolves around a talented and handsome physician (Tom Ellis) who had it all — but then lost it in one fateful night. Six years later, he’s a private doctor who treats less-than-squeaky-clean clientele in Los Angeles. The rest of the cast includes Harry Hamlin, Larenz Tate, Odette Annable, and Sarah Habel.

The ratings are typically the best indication of a show’s chances of staying on the air. The higher the ratings, the better the chances for survival. This chart will be updated as new ratings data becomes available.

10/2 update: USA has cancelled Rush after one season of 10 episodes.

Final season averages: 0.4 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 1.65 million total viewers.

What do you think? Do you like the Rush TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

290 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Bill says

Big Burn Notice fan, but this show is just as good IMO. This show has a lot potential, and I for one would like to see where it goes.

2. Linda says

Love! Love! Love!!!! This is show is edgy and different. Love the cast and Love!!! Love!!!
    Tom Ellis – Do Not Cancel!!!

3. Jenna says

I can’t believe the numbers dropped so dramatically in one week (8/14) . Who exactly are they polling? Everyone I know loves this show. Gosh I hope the don’t cancel it. I really like the show and look forward to it every week.

4. says

1.Camera angle-10 pacing-10 storyline-10 acting-10 THERE IT IS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN I PRONOUNCE RUSH THE BEST SHOW OF IT’S KIND “EVER”! Which probably means it’s gets cancelled this yr..Hope I’m wrong..I find myself on the edge of my seat waiting for the next episode…THIS SHOW IS THE BOMB :)

5. Becky says

Rush is actually the best show I have seen on TV and at 62 years old I’ve seen a hell of a lot of TV. As far as the cast goes…….perfection!

• Becky says

What types have been your favorite television shows? I am not trying to be snotty or anything just curious to know if there might be have anything in common that has been watched and liked on TV. Would you mind saying what you do not like about it…again not trying to be rude.

Becky Bishton

• Anonymous says

I think that it is a great series. Good story line and very good actors.
      please don’t cancel the series.

6. Karen S. says

My boyfriend and I really like this show and hope it doesn’t get cancelled. It reminds me of Nip/Tuck in a way, which was a show I really loved. I think Tom Ellis, and all the actors on the show, do a great job. I wish they would market this harder on BRAVO. I think all the folks that watch the Housewives Series would enjoy it.

7. Jennifer says

I watched the first three episodes tonight. I didn’t mean to let them go this long but life got in the way of TV watching (!). I won’t say it is the best show on television or the best show I’ve ever seen. I will say that it is good enough and engaging enough to make me want to go back again for episode four and even look forward to it.

I personally have no problem with characters who are seriously flawed like Rush is here. Granted, his bad habits are habits that I myself would never be guilty of or approve of in anyone. But he doesn’t deny them. He owns them. We all have our flaws. Some people drink, some do drugs, some gamble, some have eating disorders, some people indulge in too much sex, some people lie. What might be an unforgivable flaw to one person is something that another wouldn’t give a second thought to. His flaws make him human just as the flaws of the main character in Rake made him human. I’d much rather see a character with “unforgivable flaws” on my screen than someone who is so perfect and straight and narrow that they are unbelievable. No one is perfect. No one is beyond temptation of whatever kind.

In William Rush I saw someone who has problems. We don’t know the full story of why those problems exist. If it was mere weakness of character or if there was something much deeper that drove them. If allowed, as this character and show progresses and grows, we will learn that, I do hope. I also see someone who, despite all those flaws, knows where to draw the line. He knows when something is too much for even him to condone.

8. says

I missed the first show, tuned in to the second and tried to get through the first half hour. I couldn’t do it. It was a lot like Rake, where the protagonist does too much damage to himself when he is not working. I like my good guys to be better people than that, more like the people I hang out with in real life. They don’t do drugs (that I know of), gamble or drink profusely (again, that I know of). In other words, I just don’t want to see that on my TV screen on purpose, it’s just not entertaining to me.

9. Georgia says

Like this show! Very edgy and unique storyline. Will continue to watch! Hope it doesn’t get cancelled.

10. Randy Duncan says

I’m enjoying the show so far. I like the fast pace and the different situations presented on the show. The characters are interesting and I like the way the individual stories are wrapped up at thee end of the hour. Please don’t make it overly complicated because we want entertainment, not the Bible. I am seriously tired of Royal Pains

• nemo f says

and some of us don’t want non-stop gutter crawling either trying to mascarade as supposed entertainment

11. William says

I’m really starting to get into the show. I like it a lot, and hope the vieworship goes up so it can be renewed.