Sam & Cat: Not Renewed for Season Two Yet, But…

Sam & Cat TV showNickelodeon hasn’t renewed Sam & Cat for a second season but they might as well have. The cable channel has just doubled their first season order, bringing the season total to 40 episodes, reports THR.

The June 8th series premiere was the cable channel’s biggest live-action launch in three years, attracting 4.2 million viewers.

“It’s a very tall order but it also feels great. The show has been so well-received, and competition is greater than ever these days. Making a hit show is even more challenging today than, say, 10 years ago,” Sam & Cat creator Dan Schneider said. “It’s a little daunting to do 40 episodes in your first season, but what makes it fun is the success, because we’re all sharing in that.”

Production on the intial episode order will wrap late this month. The writers will start working on the additional 20 episodes of Sam & Cat in September.

There’s no word on when those installments will start running but only four episodes of the initial order have been aired so far.

What do you think? Are you glad to hear there’s even more Sam & Cat on the way?

Heather August 21, 2014 at 6:35 pm

I loved this show regardless! They both were amazing in it! All were! I am very saddened to see it go! I love Arianna’s music as well as her acting! In fact I love her acting more! And sam was simply awesome in this show and Icarly! I love them both the same!

Tony July 19, 2014 at 7:28 pm

I’m a 39-year-old father to four girls and we watch it together and it is hilarious! I enjoy their humor as well as my daughters do. You cannot make a finale greater then breaking bad’s finale, so just keep the show on.

nathan cruz July 17, 2014 at 8:07 pm

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa more same and cat

roniedee July 14, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Jennette has a spot on comic genius. There is no comic today that can match her timing and demeanor. I can say the same about Ariana and add that she is such a breath of fresh air with an original character creation and a talent that is unequalled. They both deserve far more credit than the critics have given them. As for Jennet’s posting pics-hope she posts more. Ariana too. There is no nudity in any of the pics, so quit calling them nude pictures.

Anonymous July 9, 2014 at 3:50 pm

I love the chemistry. My kids and I love they show.

L orri G. Hanks July 7, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Sam and Cat is my granddaughters fave show. Please don’t cancel. There are already so many shows she can’t watch.

Anonymous July 19, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Yess gurll

Jack July 19, 2014 at 6:13 pm
Dice Corleone July 6, 2014 at 10:27 pm

This is just hype to get everyone talking & Tweeting. Nick wants to see if Save Sam & Cat will start trending on twitter.
This show is so way the best show & Nick & Dan Warp know it.

So tell your friends! Your neighbors friends! Friends of other Neighbors!

Get the word out! Save Sam & Cat & their crazy antics cause.

Jennette McCurdy Rocks
Ariana Grande is so cute
and
Me yeah I’m Dice & my hair is Poofy & Gummer still needs to fight his bigest match yet!
And who knows when Carly might visit! :) spoilerszzzzzzzz (:

Tony July 19, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Really not you curly haired boy but nice attempt

Mike July 5, 2014 at 7:09 pm

Haha they are ending this stupid show. Can’t wait until it’s over and make a better show. They are already previewing for the second to last episode of this show. You know a TV show is garbage when it doesn’t even last 2 seasons.

Phoebe July 14, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Actually, it should be 2 seasons but instead it’s just 2 seasons packed into 1 season -.- Sam & Cat is the best

Dice Corleone July 15, 2014 at 8:51 pm

“Why do you got to be so Lumpatious?!” :) Sam & Cat Rocks! :)

Hannah July 3, 2014 at 8:23 pm

What is wrong with nickelodeon!}:(
With all Sam and Cat viewers why would they get rid of Sam and Cat
If they get rid of it many people will b crushed
Nick will lose more viewers it they do it!!!!
So nick come to your sinces, what happened with jenette is in the past!
Fresh start and renew Sam and Cat!

cw windt July 3, 2014 at 12:33 am

Nick would be very stupid to cancel Sam and Cat.It is the only reason,that I watch Nick At all. Please keep them on.

megan July 2, 2014 at 7:55 pm

I like sam and cat tv show yes jennet should have not posted
nude pictures of her self I agree teaching kids not to go to
school is wrong kids need to get an education go
to college. Megan fraze dallas.