Satisfaction

Satisfaction TV show on USANetwork: USA
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: July  17, 2014 — TBD
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Matt Passmore, Stephanie Szostak, Michelle DeShon, Katherine LaNasa, and Blair Redford.

current TV show

TV show description:
This drama TV show explores modern marriage at its midpoint through the lens of one husband and wife — Neil (Matt Passmore) and Grace Truman (Stephanie Szostak).

Neil has a successful career, a loving family, a beautiful house, a big-screen television, and more. So why does he feel like something is still missing? The truth is that 18 years of marriage and countless 80 hour weeks have left Neil feeling disconnected from everything and everyone he loves.

After a big outburst on a plane leads him to quit his job, Neil stumbles across his wife Grace in the throes of passion with another man. Furious, Neil confronts his wife’s lover, Simon, only to learn the more shocking truth — their meeting was a professional arrangement. Grace is seeing a male escort.

The news hits Neil like punch to the gut, but when he inadvertently winds up with Simon’s phone, he makes the decision try out the escort business for himself in the hope that the experience might offer some new insight. As it turns out, Neil’s good looks, skill closing deals, and apparent sexual prowess make him a natural.

He soon finds himself a hot property — both with a local madam (who is intrigued by this new stud on the scene) and his old boss (who is impressed by Neil’s newfound swagger).

But just because Neil’s life is getting a shot in the arm doesn’t mean that his old problems have disappeared. As if the hole in his marriage and his daughter’s teenage growing pains aren’t enough, he also has to deal with Simon, who isn’t too pleased to have his business stolen out from under him, and isn’t afraid to make things a lot more difficult for Neil.

Grace had big aspirations as a young woman but passed up a Fulbright scholarship and a career in the arts to raise a family with Neil. She deeply loves Neil and their daughter Anika but as her old dreams have receded further and further into the past, she’s begun to feel as empty and unfulfilled as the open houses she now decorates part time.

So when a night chasing excitement leads to an encounter with Simon, a male escort, Grace begins to take advantage of his services. Even if it doesn’t fill the void in her life, it’s something new and exciting. But while the arrangement begins as a professional one, like any relationship it evolves over time. And now that Neil knows Grace’s secret, things are about to become a lot more complicated.

Sexy and suave, sensitive and sophisticated, Simon (Blair Redford) has something that women just respond to which is probably why many of them, pay handsomely for the pleasure of his company. Simon has really started to make a name for himself in the field, so he’s not too happy when Neil steals that name, along with his client list.
space

Series Finale

Episode #TBD
This TV series has not ended yet.
First aired: TBD

space
What do you think? Do you like the Satisfaction TV show? Do you think it should be cancelled or renewed for another season?

Daniel August 4, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Satisfaction’s theme is Infidelity. Which is described as Marital Disloyalty, Unfaithfulness and a Breach of trust. You ask, Can a marriage be saved by having an affair? The answer is a resounding NO. The writer for this show, and “Suits” seems to be promoting Infidelity as the modern way of solving the problem. The emphasis appears on doing whatever you think makes you happy without thought of the consequences. Solving the dissatisfaction in this unconventional fashion without thought of the ruin of 18 years of marriage, the hurt to your spouse and the breakup of the family unit is a selfish choice. I hope you are cancelled quickly. As for me, I will never watch another episode of Satisfaction, Or any production in which Stephanie Szostak appears.

R. Sorin August 4, 2014 at 1:56 pm

I think this is a great show. The writing is smart and topical. The issues I explores within a marriage keep me coming back. I hope it gets renewed. I think Matt Passmore and Stephanie Szotack are doing a great job and the writers at this point deserve an Emmy.

jc July 25, 2014 at 8:02 pm

Am still intrigued. Did not think there was anywhere they could go after first episode, but enjoyed the second episode, too. Little twists are always interesting.

snowdogmom July 25, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Made it through the first episode even though I wasn’t thrilled with the basic premiss of the show. Decided to watch the 2nd episode to see where they took it and was totally bored. This is a no-go for me. I don’t dislike Matt Passmore but I’m not enamored with him either. He started grating on my nerves in The Glades. Does Katherine LaNasa (Adriana) ever play anything besides loose women? Rating were worse this week only 1.5m total viewers. Predict it will be canceled.

Carol Hicks July 23, 2014 at 7:53 pm

I am so disappointed in this lame attempt to provide an enjoyable series. Neil Truman is a wonderful actor. It’s a shame to waste his time.

Carol Hicks July 23, 2014 at 7:59 pm

Part 2 ie Matt Passmore playing Neil Truman. Sorry:(

Brian Sanfilippo July 22, 2014 at 4:43 pm

I LOVE this new show! I actually was on the edge of my seat. It is so fresh and written so well even though years ago this series was in concept form at the same time that Hung was airing, so they delayed the production. I am so pleased that they did. It is HIGH QUALITY Television. I cannot wait to see how Neil goes coming forward and dealing with all the stress and uncertainty in his life.

Anonymous July 24, 2014 at 10:40 pm

I like this show. Was intrigued to watch it and now I can’t wait until Thursday nights @10 PM.

Helen July 21, 2014 at 3:03 pm

This show Satisfaction should be cancelled. It is so immoral.
Shows like this should not be on TV. It is toooooooooo much.

Lori July 21, 2014 at 4:10 am

I was so looking forward to seeing Matt Passmore again, I am still upset they cancelled The Glades, but this show is unwatchable we barely made it 10 minutes!

Nancy johnson July 20, 2014 at 1:34 pm

I know now besides a pretty face, very good looking body I KNOW NOW FOR SURE MATT PASSMORE CAN ACT. HE WAS A PLAY TOY IN THE GLADES!!!!!!

GIVE him a TV SHOW HE CAN ACT IN AND USE HIS REAL VOICE!!!!!

Frank Romo July 20, 2014 at 3:56 pm

Just asking, are the same NJ from San Antonio? I know it’s a long shot, but had to ask, thanks…

Manuel Robles July 20, 2014 at 5:32 am

Only 1 episode has aired I think it’s too soon to cancel. I like that it’s actually taking a current issue and giving it some real thought and a perspective. Someone mentioned the sacrament of marriage, the sacrament of marriage went out the window when the divorce rate surpassed 50%. At least this show is more honest as opposed to them just getting a divorce. And it’s interesting that the female lead had the affair which started the process of what ever is happening between this couple. I appreciate that the show recognizes the changes regarding infidelity, women are more likely to start an extra marital affair as identify by countless surveys. Unfortunately, being a housewife isn’t enough anymore especially when your husband’s work tends to be a priority.
I will agree however, what more can there be to this story? I see a second story line coming after the man for hire confronts. It will be interesting to see where this leads.

Joshua Groom July 20, 2014 at 1:12 am

Cancelled,Cancelled,Cancelled!

Thom Amundsen July 19, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Show has a sort of ‘who cares’ attitude toward the sacrament of marriage, so quite frankly ‘who cares’ – this guy – Passmore – might want to think about a different line of work. Two cancelled shows – this one will be – in two years, yeah, look in the mirror.

Sharon G. July 19, 2014 at 8:08 pm

I love Matt Passmore but uncertain how this will progress. Loved him in The Glades. USA does have good shows and will give it a chance.

nemo f July 19, 2014 at 8:00 pm

three episodes and its done.

Frank Romo July 19, 2014 at 7:44 pm

I liked the show, but how long can this go on? Yeah, he’s now staying in it because his wife is still calling Simon, so why not just get divorced and move on? This can only get more complicated and will turn out weird or like HBO’s “Hung”….