Save Me: Cancelled Show Episodes Won’t Air

Save Me cancelled on NBCNBC aired only seven episodes of Save Me but 13 episodes were supposedly ordered in May 2012. What happened?

Well, it seems that 13 installments were indeed produced of the Anne Heche comedy but the network opted to only air the pilot and episodes eight through 13. The Futon Critic suggests that the unaired episodes are likely the ones that were shot before Alexa Junge was replaced as showrunner by Darlene Hunt.

Unfortunately, the peacock network has no plans to air the cancelled show’s remaining episodes.

Though there were some devoted viewers, Save Me did very poorly in the ratings and averaged only a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.78 million viewers. The series finale was the lowest-rated episode.

A complete series set of Save Me may be released on DVD at some point but no plans have been announced thus far.

What do you think? Did you like Save Me? Would you buy the series set on DVD or on iTunes?

Elizabeth Klopper June 5, 2014 at 6:09 am

Please record more of the Save Me series. Ir is hilarously funny and a very spirirual show. I always looked forward to viewing this series and am terribly disappointed that it has been cancelled. We should have more series aired in this vain. Loved it…bring it back, please, please, please.

nancy sandman May 13, 2014 at 7:22 pm

I was so excited and I was telling everyone about it and to watch-very sad it does not continue-ashame really

Stephanie Castaldo April 8, 2014 at 11:54 pm

I thought Save Me was a good show. It was funny and is a good show for believers an unbelievers and I am looking forward to the remaining episodes to be aired and shared around the world. I was shocked that the show was cancelled.

Stephanie Castaldo April 8, 2014 at 11:51 pm

I really loved this show too called Save Me I thought it was a good show. It kept my attention, it was funny, and I believe believers an unbelievers would love this show an I am looking forward too in the near future the show being aired an remaining episodes shown. I thought it was good for all ages from teens to adult.

Robert Kiernan April 4, 2014 at 8:42 pm

This was clearly a better than average show and considering how lame so many of the other recent NBC comedies have been, well with 13 episodes in the can I’m really surprised they didn’t at least run the rest of them over the summer, but yes I would be interested in seeing the unaired episodes and would consider buying the show if available

rene honey April 3, 2014 at 10:41 pm

I really love this show, it doesn’t show in Australia, i think it would be a hit here!!! please consider Season 2. This show is so hilarious!!!