Save Me: Cancelled Show Episodes Won’t Air

Save Me cancelled on NBCNBC aired only seven episodes of Save Me but 13 episodes were supposedly ordered in May 2012. What happened?

Well, it seems that 13 installments were indeed produced of the Anne Heche comedy but the network opted to only air the pilot and episodes eight through 13. The Futon Critic suggests that the unaired episodes are likely the ones that were shot before Alexa Junge was replaced as showrunner by Darlene Hunt.

Unfortunately, the peacock network has no plans to air the cancelled show’s remaining episodes.

Though there were some devoted viewers, Save Me did very poorly in the ratings and averaged only a 0.6 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 2.78 million viewers. The series finale was the lowest-rated episode.

A complete series set of Save Me may be released on DVD at some point but no plans have been announced thus far.

What do you think? Did you like Save Me? Would you buy the series set on DVD or on iTunes?

Emily Sands February 16, 2014 at 8:08 am

A really nice show. People needed to know it was on. It might do better on re-runs, DVD and Itunes. I would love to see more.

anne January 31, 2014 at 12:27 pm

I loved this show, and I’m not christian, not even American. I was hooked, watched it for a day and night, and was so sad when it ended.. Im so sad and angry that it’snot coming back, why do they do this to you?????? They give you somehting, you love it, then they take it away from you. Sucks. I love the actors, hope they get great new job offers.

Jenifer January 22, 2014 at 1:13 pm

P.S.
Just thought I would add that I am NOT a Christian, but I LOVED this show!!!!
PLEASE BRING IT BACK!!!!!

Jenifer January 22, 2014 at 1:08 pm

This SUCKS!!!!!! “Save Me” was the BEST new show of the season! It gave Anne Heche the opportunity to show off her very funny and irreverent comedic style. Not only that but it also seemed to be a good role model for the “DO UNTO OTHERS AS YOU WOULD HAVE DONE UNTO YOU” sentiment modeled in the Bible. To bad the network didn’t have the same values! Just another example of hypocrisy.
TSK TSK TSK!!!

myla January 13, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Please put save me on DVD…..pretty please

Lynn Gates November 17, 2013 at 10:44 pm

I am blown away it was canceled. This show had some of the best writing, funny, so entertaining, WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU NBC? I cannot believe that A. Your marketing of this show in order to attract viewers was so incredibly shotty and almost non-existent. I am not a big religious person either, but I absolutely thought this was one of the best new shows on TV. I say, bring back Save me and fire your marketing department.

Cannot tell you enough how incredibly disappointed in NBC and this very poor decision to have canceled this show. NBC for years was number 1 network in the US… with the lousy marketing, poor choices of so many shows over the last several years… they wonder why they lost their place in the market… I barely even watch this station anymore, so few worthy shows… going to canx Micheal J. Fox show too? Probably… take a cue NBC… MARKETING is #1 in getting viewers, guess that dept must have shut down. I came across it accidentally, not because NBC promoted it, rather not promoting it…. One more reason to not watch NBC, you are making it far to easy for the other 2 main networks to wipe the floor with you in ratings and viewership.

Judy October 28, 2013 at 2:00 pm

I absolutely loved this show! I would rearrange my evening schedule just to be home when it aired. I think the premeire timing probably had a lot to do with it’s demise. It was during the good weather months when the majority of people are outside enjoying summer. HELLO…bring it back this Fall and I bet you’d have a different outcome.

Sharon October 23, 2013 at 2:05 am

Loved this show. Great family show you could watch with your kids and not have to worry about cheap sex or bodily function “jokes”.

Shanda burnside October 18, 2013 at 2:58 pm

I just absolutely adored the show and looked forward to the show airing each week. I thought it was a good concept and very funny and would definitely buy the DVD. Oh say it isn’t so!

Dan Frederiksen October 11, 2013 at 9:57 am

It was not completely void of merit but really not a big fan of the satanic horned sign bullshit Anne Heche tried to pull in episode 6 at 3:50

Say What! October 9, 2013 at 10:13 pm

I really liked this show. By the time I discovered the show, it was over. I cant’s believe it. Bummer.

Steve Costello October 1, 2013 at 6:57 am

The cast and the plot it all worked. Ann is made for this show and the concept is very funny. The network’s decision to pull this was very premature.

Barbara Taylor September 29, 2013 at 2:00 pm

I was really disappointed to hear this show was cancelled. I looked forward to seeing it each week.I thought Anne Heche was fabulously funny in this one. If they come out with a dvd I will definately be buying a few copies!

bryan September 28, 2013 at 11:48 am

don’t know how someone actually thought this show was going to make it. I am at the point where I can watch the commercials for a show, and know if it’s gonna suck. Take the god thing out and it might not have sucked as much.

yocasta novas September 25, 2013 at 11:44 pm

NOOOOOOOOO!! I WANT TO CRY. I LOVED THIS SHOW.