Save Me

Save Me TV show on NBC: canceled or renewed?Network: NBC
Episodes: Seven (half-hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: May 23, 2013 — June 13, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Anne Heche, Madison Davenport, Michael Landes, Alexandra Breckenridge, Heather Burns, and Joy Osmanski.

TV show description:
This sitcom follows the life of Beth Harper (Anne Heche), an absentee wife and mother from the Midwest. After choking on a hero sandwich in her kitchen and suffering a dramatic near-death experience, Beth is revived and claims she can now talk to God.

Her teenage daughter, Emily (Madison Davenport), is horrified and her husband, Tom (Michael Landes), is skeptical. To make matters worse, Tom’s ex-mistress, Carly McKenna (Alexandra Breckenridge), is in a coma after a close encounter with lightning in the Harper’s front yard.

As Beth warms up to her new life, she strives to make amends to the people that she’s alienated over the years — including friends and neighbors like Jenna Dennings (Heather Burns) and Maggie Tompkins (Joy Osmanski).

Despite everyone’s initial hesitancy, Beth begins to win people over with her new positive attitude, cheerful optimism, and unbridled love.

Series Finale:
Episode #7 — Holier Than Thou
While rallying to save a hospital, Beth alienates her friends with her holier-than-thou attitude.
First aired: June 13, 2013

What do you think? Do you like the Save Me TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

137 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Jackie says

SAVE “SAVE ME”!!!! What a refreshing, funny, warm, and uplifting show. We need a break from all of the reality TV that just downgrades morals . . . this is relevant and well cast and has such a positive message! Figures NBC would cancel it . . . heaven forbid we have 30 minutes of a good message on TV! Please keep this show!

2. Roedingers Cat says

I watched some episodes more than on time – because no show on TV ist such funny (although I like TBBT al lot). I hope NBC will not cancel it (but I think it already has been cancelled, Status on another website says “certain cancellation”. Darn it. Poof. Be Gone. Guess not).

At least Grimm was renewed.

Maybe one will start a petition to continue this refreshing new concept with an astounding Anne Heche. Never hat laughed that much in the past. If a show should have the title “Awkward”, then it would be this one.

SAVE THE SHOW

• Diane Lobaugh says

Love the show — a more positive show than any other sitcom .

funny but also shows some good

Please don’t cancel!!!!

• Anonymous says

This has to be my favorite t.v show!!! EACH character are so funny. It has heart and soul. I look forward to it on Thursday. Its now must see tv.

3. danny jomo says

i love this show, give it a chance! the only problem with this show is N.B.C., they always cancel the good ones!!!!

• Davide says

I love this show too. I watched it between last night and today and I am loving it! Please don’t cancel it!

4. Gayla Tregre says

I also love this show, Save Me. It is funny and entertaining and should, most assuredly, be renewed.

5. Laurie Lund says

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SHOW!!! It’s sharp, witty and funny!! So nice to see something different!! NBC REALLY needs to get the word out about this show! I never heard about it until someone on Facebook said what a good show it was. So keep it going and please don’t cancel!! With a bit of advertising this show will be a big hit!!!!