Save Me

Save Me TV show on NBC: canceled or renewed?Network: NBC
Episodes: Seven (half-hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: May 23, 2013 – June 13, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Anne Heche, Madison Davenport, Michael Landes, Alexandra Breckenridge, Heather Burns, and Joy Osmanski.

current TV show

TV show description:
This sitcom follows the life of Beth Harper (Anne Heche), an absentee wife and mother from the Midwest. After choking on a hero sandwich in her kitchen and suffering a dramatic near-death experience, Beth is revived and claims she can now talk to God.

Her teenage daughter, Emily (Madison Davenport), is horrified and her husband, Tom (Michael Landes), is skeptical. To make matters worse, Tom’s ex-mistress, Carly McKenna (Alexandra Breckenridge), is in a coma after a close encounter with lightning in the Harper’s front yard.

As Beth warms up to her new life, she strives to make amends to the people that she’s alienated over the years — including friends and neighbors like Jenna Dennings (Heather Burns) and Maggie Tompkins (Joy Osmanski).

Despite everyone’s initial hesitancy, Beth begins to win people over with her new positive attitude, cheerful optimism, and unbridled love.
space

Series Finale

Episode #7 — Holier Than Thou
While rallying to save a hospital, Beth alienates her friends with her holier-than-thou attitude.
First aired: June 13, 2013

space
What do you think? Do you like the Save Me TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

MARALK July 14, 2013 at 10:06 pm

I loved this show, how can we get it back?

LVS July 14, 2013 at 7:36 pm

I thought this show was funny and smartly written. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it should have continued and not been cancelled. It’s so typical of network tv – cancel shows such as this that are entertaining and they are often replaced with less expensive, boring shows. No wonder why people are turning to streaming video! We have.

Karen July 14, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Please bring it back. I just found it on the stations website and enjoyed watching it. The viewers didn’t even get a chance to see enough episodes to form an opinion. I’m hoping for the network to reconsider bringing it back.

cat July 14, 2013 at 4:01 pm

bummed this was cancelled :(

Yes it was a little fluffy, but sometimes we need fluffy vs another murder or reality show.

Sally July 14, 2013 at 7:39 am

This series is great. I just happened to find it also, it was not advertised enough. Ann Heche is very funny and I like the premise of the show. Many of us in the real world have been affected by alcohol. We have a family member or ourselves that can relate to her “flashbacks”. It’s refreshing that there is no mutilated body being shown with people on the hunt to figure out the killer or a “reality” show with people slugging it out or killing animals for survival. We all like to laugh and believe in a higher power and Anne Heche does a great job delivering that. Please renew. I believe you will see the ratings go up.

Lisa House July 13, 2013 at 8:54 pm

PLEASE BRING THIS SHOW BACK I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY, LOVE ANNE HACHE ………. COME ON NBC, WHY CANCEL A GREAT FUNNY SHOW?????? IT MAKES NOOOOOOOOO SENSE AT ALL………BRING BACK THE SHOW “SAVE ME”!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary July 13, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Cancelled! WHY? This is a smart funny different show that deserves a chance to be found!

They didn’t advertise it at all – I only found it by accident the night the pilot came on. I’d never even heard of it but watched it because the info on the channel guide looked good.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a commercial for it, so how can they blame ratings if they didn’t let people know it was there?

Ann Taylor July 13, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Save Me is a super show…hooked me on the first episode…Anne H and the cast/ensemble “clicked” and left me wanting more…with so many reality shows and sitcoms for dummies, it’s sad that a well-written, terrifically acted and fast-paced show like this one has been cancelled…AT*

Elizabeth Conn July 12, 2013 at 7:36 pm

It is a great show and it is nice to watch a show with my daughter and not worry about what is gonna be said next. I love the show!!! It was great, please keep it!!!!

gladychurch July 12, 2013 at 5:39 pm

PLEASE DO NOT cancelled this show, it’s not much to see on tv these days besides KILLING and being KILLED so lets have a little HOLY GHOST! It is a really good show and entertaining! thanks

Joyce Bradley July 11, 2013 at 8:07 pm

I love this show, it should not be cancelled. I can’t believe that Men in Trees was cancelled either. Anne Heche is quite simply brilliant, this show deserves a chance.

Kathy Robbins July 11, 2013 at 2:35 pm

Please don’t cancel this show. It is really a good show:)

Cynthia Benton July 10, 2013 at 4:56 pm

There are not too many shows we warm up to as fast as we did with “Save Me”. We love the show and think the casting is excellent. Laughed out loud! Please don’t cancel this show. It’s really a diamond in the rough.

Jerry Doyle July 10, 2013 at 12:56 pm

My wife and I feel that it should be renewed. It is a great series.

V. Tarrant July 9, 2013 at 12:49 pm

I really like this show and especially Anne Heche. Still can’t believe they canceled “Men in Trees”. Please don’t cancel this one!