Save Me

Save Me TV show on NBC: canceled or renewed?Network: NBC
Episodes: Seven (half-hour)
Seasons: One

TV show dates: May 23, 2013 — June 13, 2013
Series status: Cancelled

Performers include: Anne Heche, Madison Davenport, Michael Landes, Alexandra Breckenridge, Heather Burns, and Joy Osmanski.

TV show description:
This sitcom follows the life of Beth Harper (Anne Heche), an absentee wife and mother from the Midwest. After choking on a hero sandwich in her kitchen and suffering a dramatic near-death experience, Beth is revived and claims she can now talk to God.

Her teenage daughter, Emily (Madison Davenport), is horrified and her husband, Tom (Michael Landes), is skeptical. To make matters worse, Tom’s ex-mistress, Carly McKenna (Alexandra Breckenridge), is in a coma after a close encounter with lightning in the Harper’s front yard.

As Beth warms up to her new life, she strives to make amends to the people that she’s alienated over the years — including friends and neighbors like Jenna Dennings (Heather Burns) and Maggie Tompkins (Joy Osmanski).

Despite everyone’s initial hesitancy, Beth begins to win people over with her new positive attitude, cheerful optimism, and unbridled love.

Series Finale:
Episode #7 — Holier Than Thou
While rallying to save a hospital, Beth alienates her friends with her holier-than-thou attitude.
First aired: June 13, 2013

What do you think? Do you like the Save Me TV series? Do you think it should have been cancelled or renewed for a second season?

Canceled and renewed TV show

137 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. Sharon Ownby says

Please don’t cancel it.My family and friends love it. It is a relief from some of the sit-coms that get renewed that are basically just a series of raunchy one liners that aren’t even funny. It is one of the very few NBC shows that we watch since most of their prime time lineup seems to be so called “reality” shows.

2. DR says

One of the best new shows to come along in a VERY long time! Fresh new idea, excellent cast! I could see so much potential for future story lines. Extremely disappointed!!!

3. Douglas Truter says

Brilliant, when all around you have sex , violence and strong language, along comes a show that inspires and gives hope. Keep it going.

4. Erika says

I watched every episode. I loved it. It was really funny and different than anything else on tv. I liked the positive energy of the show. Very upbeat. Please don’t cancel it!

5. Jenny says

LOVE It! Please dont cancel. Is funny, it made me cry & laugh, it inspire me. I told all my family in CT, FL and all friends. They all watched it. Finally a good family show. Bring it BACK!!! dont cancel.

6. Joyce Clark says

Very funny and moving! Finally a show I can watch with my teenage daughter without the offbeat or sexual humor. I think you should bring it back!

7. Joanne says

What a quirky, fun and entertaining show! Cute concept and a great cast. Anne Heche is always such a breath of fresh air (see Men In Trees as well). She’s such a natural and oh so witty. It’d be such a shame for this show to be cancelled. It’s so annoying when they don’t even give new shows a fighting chance to really show their stuff. The feel-good shows never seem to stick around and it’s a travesty! Hope it can be saved — so enjoyable!!

8. Joanne says

What a great, quirky new show! It’s funny, entertaining and very enjoyable to watch. Anne Heche is always such a breath of fresh air (i.e. Men In Trees) — what a great cast and such a cute concept! Please don’t cancel it….it’d be such a shame. Why are all of the feel-good shows eliminated so quickly from the TV schedules? Please save LSave Me”!!!

9. Fowler says

I was just getting the word out about this ‘new show’ when it disappeared! How can your ratings be accurate with so few episodes? I don’t think viewers had enough time to discover it! (Bring it back please.)