Saving Hope

Saving Hope TV seriesNetwork: NBC, CTV in Canada
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: June 7, 2012 — present
Series status: Dropped by NBC, continuing on CTV

Performers include: Michael Shanks, Erica Durance, Daniel Gillies, Michelle Nolden, K. C. Collins, Kristopher Turner, Julia Taylor Ross, Ben Ayres, Huse Madhavji, Salvatore Antonio, and Glenda Braganza.

current TV show

TV show description:
Charlie Harris (Michael Shanks), the charismatic Chief of Surgery at Hope-Zion Hospital, suffers a massive brain hemorrhage on his wedding day and ends up in a coma. This leaves the hospital in chaos and his fiance, fellow surgeon Alex Reid (Erica Durance), in a state of shock. Along with a newly arrived star surgeon named Joel Goran (Daniel Gillies), Alex races to save Harris’ life. While comatose, Harris explores the hospital halls in “spirit” form, sees it from an outsider’s perspective, and isn’t sure if he’s a ghost or is just dreaming.

Alex is brilliant and quick-witted — an excellent general surgeon who believes completely in her scientific training. It’s a new experience when she finds herself as the loved one of a patient. It leaves her feeling vulnerable and under great pressure. It doesn’t help matters that her former boyfriend, Goran, has joined the staff.

Goran is a brash superstar orthopedic surgeon who doesn’t shy away from confrontations. He left a prestigious position at Sloane-Kettering to come to Hope-Zee and work with Harris. With Harris is in a coma and his ex in the most vulnerable time of her life, he can’t admit that he’s still in love with Alex. He also can’t bring himself to commit to Maggie Lin. Time will tell if he sticks around or runs away, as per usual.

Dawn Bell (Michelle Nolden) is Harris’ ex-wife and a respected cardiologist. She calls into question Alex’s ability to make the right decisions for Harris and is smart, sexy, and sometimes likable.

Like Alex, Tom Reycraft (K. C. Collins) is also a fourth year surgical resident and has his eyes on her position as Chief Surgical Resident. He can come off as crass and cavalier, but he is a talented general surgeon.

Gavin Murphy (Kristopher Turner) is considered Hope-Zee’s smartest resident. He’s perceptive, ethical, slyly sexy and has a special interest in psychiatry. He’s sharply observant about other people’s emotional lives but can be a bit clueless about himself.

Maggie Lin (Julia Taylor Ross) is a fun and sexy surgical resident who’s smart but uncertain. She’s often ruled by her emotions and has a secret that could jeopardize her future. Maggie finds herself charmed by Goran, while she overlooks a potential good thing with her pal Murphy.

Dr. Zach Miller (Ben Ayres) is Hope Z’s ER Doctor. He is a devout Christian and family man but his marriage may be in crisis. His job is his calling as he truly believes he is doing God’s work by saving lives. Confident and compassionate, he leads what can be a very hectic ER.

Shahir Hamza (Huse Madhavji) is a genius neurosurgeon who’s lacking in people skills. He may have mild Asperger’s Syndrome or may just be too intelligent to relate to regular people. Either way, he frequently finds himself in conflicts with his co-workers and patients. Hamza is openly gay and is in a committed relationship with OR nurse Victor Reis (Salvatore Antonio). Reis an extrovert and likes to mix and mingle. Their relationship is put to the test by Hamza’s emotional limitations.

Melanda Tolliver (Glenda Braganza) is an ICU doctor as well as Alex’s best friend. She oversees the day-to-day care of the hospital’s most critically ill patients including Harris. Working in intensive care, Melanda has to be both companionate, and tough as nails. Jackson Wade (Joseph Pierre) is an ICU nurse who works with Melanda and never loses his great sense of humour.

Alex and her fellow doctors continue to work to save Harris and the other patients at the fast-paced hospital. Daily, they must make complicated and courageous decisions in their struggle to keep hope alive.
space

Series Finale

Episode ??
Has not ended yet.
First aired: ??

space

Steve M August 25, 2012 at 5:01 am

This show is so unreal and bizarre. I hope it gets cancelled. You have to be in a daze to think this show is great. You want great watch NY Med.

wendy August 20, 2012 at 12:59 pm

I truly hope that they renew saving hope. this is a greatly done and well written show. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring it back for a 2nd season. Canada is going to run a 2nd season-i don’t get canadian tv, come on NBC, don’t screw this up!!!!

pat July 27, 2012 at 9:28 am

I love this show. Hope NBC doesn’t cancel this one like they did Harry’s law.

Brenda July 29, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Love,Love this show. Please keep on. I too hate that Harry’s Law was cancelled

k Allen July 26, 2012 at 10:45 pm

love it, another NBC smart move & they wonder why they are getting poor ratings. Add this one with the Firm & Ann Curry. Why don’t you get with the program NBC. You cancel the good ones & keep the crap. Why don’t you get rid of Matt & bring Ann back. I have finally switched to ABC & CBS. Wake up & smell the roses.

Kathy July 26, 2012 at 7:14 pm

Excellent show!!!
I look forward to it every week…

HSS July 26, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I recently found this while channel surfing and absolutly love it. Every time I watch it I seem to be on the edge of my seat waiting for the next thing to happen so I vote KEEP!!!

Farhiya Ali July 14, 2012 at 3:40 am

I LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH. I LOVE THE CAST amazing can’t wait for episode 7. Charlie& Alex are cute together. I enjoy watching Joel& Maggie scenes together cute. Like I said I LOVE THIS SHOW AND CAST.

susie July 9, 2012 at 7:00 pm

I really like the show. I look foward to each episode. It has great story lines and acting.

Tony July 5, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Tbe Maggie Lin Character. Sbes the only female whose scrubs are cinched tight to outline her boobs. Also the v neck of her scrub is low enough to show a bit of clevage. All the other females wear high v necks and lose fitting scrubs. All Maggie seems to want is to get laid.
I just want this show to get canceled. The plot is boring beyond belief the coma angle is old news. Is he gonna spend the entire season in a coma wandering the halls in a tux. Give us a break. This is a poor imitation of grays anatomy.

ann August 16, 2012 at 2:44 pm

U are tripping Tony!! This show is great..

Denise De Lancy July 5, 2012 at 7:01 pm

Good show but the lingering coma is getting old! Get on with it…

gloria July 5, 2012 at 6:39 pm

It is so slow paced and boring…time to channel surf.

Anonymous July 2, 2012 at 7:44 pm

I love the show but stop with the glistening lights every scene!!! We get it!!! Sheesh!! This is so distracting to the plot.

k.murphy June 21, 2012 at 6:30 pm

Get a new D.P. the flares in the pilot are sickening so many talented DPs in Toronto who know how to avoid the flares. Keep the show get a new DP

Mickel June 16, 2012 at 8:26 pm

It is ok. I am going to stick with the show I have always liked Erica Durance. I first saw her as Lois Lane on Smallville. I just wish they would change her hair color. I don’t like it black.

Cleo2u June 14, 2012 at 8:58 pm

THE most boring show on tv!!
I’ve watched two episodes and have had to sit in a straight chair to keep myself awake just to make it through the whole show.
It gets one more try and then, no more.
Life is too short to watch crap that’s only one step above all the reality show crap thats on television–I’ll read a book instead.