Scandal: ABC Orders Full Second Season

The alphabet network has ordered nine additional episodes of Scandal. The sophomore drama will have a full 22 installments in its second season.

Three episodes of season two of Scandal have aired so far and have averaged a 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.16 million viewers. The first season, which was made up of seven episodes, averaged a 2.0 in the demo with 7.02 million viewers.

Executive producer Shonda Rhimes also created Scandal’s lead-in, Grey’s Anatomy, and spin-off Private Practice. The latter is ending this season.

What do you think? Do you like the Scandal TV series? Did ABC make a good move in ordering more episodes?

Canceled and renewed TV show

33 Comments · Read them below or add one

1. bernadette says

I love Scandal. This drama is incredible. It’s not too often in today’s tv world when a show is this good. Every facet of the show seems to blend together like a model of perfection: the chemistry between the character is amazing and so realistic; the continuity of the storyline is superb. You hear something in one episode and 3 episodes later, those same words are brought to life. I can hardly wait for Thursday night to see what’s happening next.

2. Rubye says

I love SCANDAL. I have friends that LOVE this show. It is is fast pace moving, fast pace speaking and very very much a welcomed change to TV. This type of drama has everything and it does not leave much to imagination except as to what the President and Olivia are going to do? Whether or not the President’s wife will prevail for a while or will she again put her foot again in her mouth? When will the President know the true about the election and how it came about? I can say the Supreme Court Justice did a lot to hurt so many people while she was lying up in that casket! I am ADDICTED to this show and if I have to be late or at the meeting, I make sure that I record it so that I will not miss it. THANK YOU ABC, NO FINALE for this SHOW, it is just too good! KEEP IT GOING; DON’T be like the SOPRANOS and cut us off without asking the community their opinions. THIS IS IMPORTANT INPUT for ALL SHOWS WE LOVE IT!!!!

3. andrea says

I agree this show is awesome!! They need to put it on Sunday at 9pm and move Revenge to Thursday at 10pm ( its all about the time slot)! This show has me begging for more!!

4. says

I love,love,love this show. It’s way two long between Thursdays for me. I have not looked forward to seeing a program for a very long time. Don’t cancel this Super Great Drama. Thanks.

5. Louanne says

I did not watch the first season but I am watching the second season and I LOVE it!Love, passion, dirty politics, an adulturer president who wants to marry his mistress and leave his pregnant wife which would end his political career….wow. Keep it going.

6. Rebecca says

Love, love, love it! I don’t normally watch network TV so I caught Scandal on Netflix and am hooked! This one is a keeper!

7. Kimberly says

Absolutely LOVE Scandal!! I keep a very tight schedule and do not have an opportunity to watch when the show airs BUT as soon as I can I’m watching! I’ve turned several friends onto the show. We’re ALL HOOKED!!

8. Britt says

WE ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SHOW!!!! YOU CANNOT CANCEL IT OR WE WILL BOYCOTT ABC! IT’S GREAT!!!! LITERALLY WE ANTICPATE 10PM ON THURSDAY NIGHTS, AND SIT ON THE EDGE OF THE COUCH RUSHING THE COMMERCIAL BREAKS SO THAT WE CAN SEE WHAT ELSE HAPPENS! WE LOVE IT!!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK SHONDA RHIMES AND CAST!

9. Regina says

Please keep Scandal going. It’s the best series drama on tv. I have hipped so many friends to this show thru Netflix and ABC.com to play catch up on the drama and every one of them have been hooked after they watch the first episode of season 1. They don’t stop watching until they have caught up to the latest episode this year. So I think the problem is advertisement (viewers don’t know what they are missing). We Love this Show…we’re addicted.

10. Katrice says

I love this show please don’t cancel it. People do not have time to sit and watch T.V anymore we catch up on our show we like on Neflix.

11. Donna says

I love Scandal…Keep the episodes coming. I just watched Season 1 on Neflix and Season2 on abc. I cannot wait until the new episodes are aired…