Scandal: ABC Orders Full Second Season

The alphabet network has ordered nine additional episodes of Scandal. The sophomore drama will have a full 22 installments in its second season.

Three episodes of season two of Scandal have aired so far and have averaged a 2.0 rating in the 18-49 demographic with 6.16 million viewers. The first season, which was made up of seven episodes, averaged a 2.0 in the demo with 7.02 million viewers.

Executive producer Shonda Rhimes also created Scandal’s lead-in, Grey’s Anatomy, and spin-off Private Practice. The latter is ending this season.

What do you think? Do you like the Scandal TV series? Did ABC make a good move in ordering more episodes?

Miss Cee December 19, 2012 at 4:18 pm

Love this show! I hate watching series nowadays because they get cancelled too quickly and viewers are left hanging. My daughters insisted I watch this, and against my better judgement I became a fan. I love my Thursday nights now and can’t wait for each episode. I usually can figure out plots, but this has been an emotional rollercoaster, love the twists and turns; love the vulnerability of the characters, absolutely love the cliff hangers! One of the best shows ever produced.

Karen C December 12, 2012 at 6:44 pm

I absolutely love this show…my friends and I discuss and analyze every detail…I love the way the writers put the ending out there and then tell you how they got there–telling the back story. Brilliant writing!!!

Anonymous December 12, 2012 at 6:40 pm

I have to watch each episode several times to catch everything! I LOVE the way the writer puts what happened out there…then tells you how they got to that point. Brilliant writing!!!!

Elizabeth Langford December 8, 2012 at 11:09 pm

Love Scandals. It’s a show to watch and try to figure out some of the twists and turns.
The tormented love of Olivia and the President is a good watch. The assistant to the President is a real stinker. Great Prince material, that one.

Keep the show.

SCANDLE LOVER December 7, 2012 at 8:34 pm

PLEASE DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW!!!!!’ LOVING IT !!

L. Callahan December 6, 2012 at 10:39 pm

Scandal is the best drama on television today. Everyone I know watches this show and is obsessed with it. I don’t understand why there isn’t much advertising for it. I see commercials for Revenge more than anything else. You want ratings …let people know the show exists!!

Me.Bwright December 5, 2012 at 11:36 am

Thank you for absolutely creating such a beautifully put together show with addicting story line. I just can’t wait to see the next episodes. Please don’t cancel, the cast is so well put together and Kerry and Columbus are my favorite actors. Please can somebody please bring back Undercovers. Anyways DON’T CANCEL THIS SHOW ITS AWESOME!

Kyle Melodie McNeil November 30, 2012 at 6:27 pm

I absolutely love this show. It has been many years since I have enjoyed network television shows. This show is “hot”, spellbinding and riveting. Thanks ABC and keep them coming.

estee November 17, 2012 at 8:59 pm

It’s about time we the viewers get a serious and relevant show on our TV that keeps us addictive and worth watching – keeps on wanting more of it. SCANDAL is that show. Scandal is the best Television show ever with loves of real life’s stories, be it political, romantical, or all-the-wise -lol “word”.
Right now, i live for this show. SCANDAL.

JO ANN November 12, 2012 at 11:53 am

ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS SHOW!! GREAT WRITING!

Tracey love November 5, 2012 at 12:40 pm

I love this show. The actors are great and the writing is outstanding. I hope this show gets picked up for many seasons to come.

JO Bisset November 1, 2012 at 7:01 pm

I love this show. It has a little bit of everything and real acting – imagine, you can count on a good performance every week. I have not enjoyed a show this much since the West Wing.

NinaPaNina October 31, 2012 at 7:22 pm

My demographics are: female, white, divorced, masters degree, 63. I LOVE Scandal!!!! Keep it coming please!

Alsking October 31, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Absolutely love Scandal!!! Great cast…stories…and the most dynamic couple since Luke and Laura!!! It’s new and a lil different….give it a chance.

Teena Shiben October 31, 2012 at 4:22 pm

Best show on TV! It’s smart and has great actors, that can really act! It keeps you on your toes! The actors telling the story of Liv and Fitz is just icing on the cake!!!!!!!