Scandal

Scandal TV series on ABCNetwork: ABC
Episodes: Ongoing (hour)
Seasons: Ongoing

TV show dates: April 5, 2012 – present
Series status: Has not been cancelled

Performers include: Kerry Washington, Henry Ian Cusick, Guillermo Diaz, Darby Stanchfield, Katie Lowes, Tony Goldwyn, and Jeff Perry.

TV show description:
Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) has dedicated her life to protecting and defending the public images of the nation’s elite. That means keeping their biggest secrets private. Both revered and feared at the same time, she’s a former communications director to the President of the United States.

She left the White House to open her own prominent crisis management firm. A mesmerizing top crisis manager, Olivia is hoping to start a new chapter in her life — both professionally and personally — but she can’t seem to completely cut ties with her past. Slowly, it becomes apparent that her dysfunctional staff, who specialize in fixing other people’s lives, can’t quite fix the ones closest at hand — their own.

Olivia’s accomplished staff will follow her anywhere and do whatever it takes to save someone’s reputation. Stephen Finch (Henry Ian Cusick) has dated his share of women but is trying to settle down and finally have a family. Harrison Wright (Columbus Short) is a smooth and slick litigator. Huck (Guillermo Diaz) is a hacker extraordinaire with a CIA history. Firm investigator Abby Whelan (Darby Stanchfield) has an enduring crush on Stephen. And Quinn Perkins (Katie Lowes) is the new young lawyer in the office who’s in awe of Olivia and is initiated in a trial by fire on her very first day on the job.

Olivia’s former boss, President Fitzgerald Grant (Tony Goldwyn), and his chief of staff Cyrus Beene (Jeff Perry) are never far from her beat. Olivia’s clients aren’t the only ones with secrets however and some of the biggest ones hit very close to home.
space

Muffin April 4, 2014 at 12:00 pm

If anyone wants to skip the ridiculous commercials and has the heart to wait-watch this great show on Netflix. This show is the best on “regular” television and belief me just have the patience for it to get caught up on Netflix. Kerry deserved the Golden Globe and Emmy this year-how they chose Robin Wright over her is mysterious.

MtC April 2, 2014 at 2:49 am

This show is the reason I watch television. Thank you writers and actors for doing such an amazing and realistic job. The plots are incredibly perfect and the suspense, ahh…keeps me awake. Thank you. Scandal is awesome.

Patreice March 22, 2014 at 10:24 pm

I love the drama and story line of the show. I hope to see more of it in the future. I think the writer is creative and realistic which is not always easy to balance in TV land. I also think the actors and actresses do a wonderful job of bringing their characters to life while also demonstrating the flaws of human nature. They keep it real! Great job everyone!

Valarie August 20, 2013 at 1:42 am

I just can’t get enough of this show. It should be a hour long.

Caroline P. November 21, 2013 at 11:12 pm

I missed something on Scandal. I saw that Olivia’s father is holding Olivia’s mother hostage but I don’t know why. I saw her escape the hospital and approach Olivia too.
Can someone please tell me why she was a hostage? What did she do?

Caroline P.

Caroline P. November 21, 2013 at 11:13 pm

Valerie,
I don’t know where you live but, I watch the show and it is an hour long.

Crystal Robinson June 4, 2013 at 3:44 pm

when will the next season begin?

admin June 4, 2013 at 5:56 pm

Sometime next fall. No date yet.

Brea April 25, 2013 at 3:54 pm

I dearly love this show.
I can’t get enough of this show either.
THERE ARE JUST 2 MANY COMMERCIALS ON THIS TV PROGRAM. EVERY WHAT 5 TO 10 MINUTES IT IS TIME FOR ANOTHER COMMERCIAL. And it is NOT 1 commercial there are 10 COMMERCIALS IN each group. So there is like say maybe maybe 10 MINUTES if that of the show Scandal and the rest is all those dam commercials. I actually start to lose my patients and flip to another channel. I walk away and count okay this is number 4 commercial I got 5 or 6 more commercials before the actual show is going to broadcast.

CUT THOSE COMMERCIALS SO WE CAN ACTUALLY SEE THE SHOW – S C A N D A L.

Thankyou.

PLEASE cut down on the commercials and bring more of the show itself of SCANDAL back into view so people have something they wait all week to see!

Jeri Lynn April 10, 2013 at 9:02 pm

I love this show and am very surprised to see such low numbers for ratings. I was watching The View a wi or 2 ago and they were saying Scandal gets more tweets per second than any other show. That said you’d think it would have more ratings. If that many ppl(and it wax A LOT) are tweeting about it, then they have to be watching it. Although I have noticed on Twitter lately a lot of ppl are watching shows on GetGlue(whatever that is?) so I wonder if those viewings are counted in the Nielson’s ratings. If anyone knows, will u plz reply to me, bc I’d love to know. They also watch it on Hulu. I know I never watch a show live, so hell, maybe my ratings aren’t even being counted. I always DVR it then watch it later that night or the next day. Anyhow, I love Scandal and I really hope it gets a 3rd season:)

Croper April 7, 2013 at 8:19 pm

I like the show. The acting is great. Before the ending of the show, I would prefer to see Olivia with someone who she can have a balance, and loving life with. I am tired of the on and off relationship with the President. He will never leave his cold wife and no one should hang on to someone like him. In a way, he is selfless and weak. Olivia deserves someone better than that. Also not Edison, the Sentor, he is too old and not Jake eventhough he is not marry and have children(which we are not aware of) but he is dangerous and has thus far killed two people. A new male character with passion, respect, strength, intellect, morals, and successful win Olivia over and she leaves the life of fixer and the Washington scene. I am just saying, I love happy endings

Gloria March 27, 2013 at 8:29 pm

The actor in this show are great and you never know what is coming next keeps you on the edge I think it portrays how some polititions are in real life HOPE it does not get cancelled we love it!!

Tana March 22, 2013 at 8:42 pm

Scandal has a cast of excellence! Shondra has demonstrated her best writing, and clearly keeps her audience attention, every single week. I love this show, and cannot wait until the next set of DVD’s come out, so I can review every single show!!! It is one that I hope never
ends!

Terrie March 13, 2013 at 12:13 am

Love the show

king January 25, 2013 at 3:41 pm

The acting in this show is terrific. Olivia always looks stressed out. The VP is a snake in disguise but appears to have some moral value. Each person plays their role well. I am hooked on it, so is my son and daughter in law. This presidential affair, however, can only go but so far. They need to change the script on this before it gets stale.